coming back, is it possible?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, May 25, 2021.

1. Vunder Well-Known Member

I've been away for nearly 18 months, mainly covid and the personal disaster that followed.

However,

I want to come back and get back into raiding, but KNOWING this game, is it even possible?
  2. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I thought about it too... I haven't kept track of all of the BIS RNG items that have come from
    A) overseers
    B) whatever crate they're on now
    C) pq? is that even still a thing
    D) collections
    E) mercenary battalion buffs
    F) mount(s) and or mount gear
    G) runes....
    etc et al.

I'm sure if I dropped a few hundred bucks on ... bah, who am I kidding.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  3. Smashey Well-Known Member

Ill be honest. Its possible. But...

A lot of guilds require a minimum of GM spells and with a new expected level tier in November, that is a lot of platium. Even expert books cost 25-50k these days.

You also need to find a guild that will gear you out and a guild that wants to do old content flawless for adornments. You will be kinda obsolete for most guilds until you have 5300 resolve and even then, if you want to DPS you will be far behind for many, many months with ascensions and ancient/celestial spell upgrades .

You would need to level mounts and familiars. If you got items stocked, no issues at all here.

If I player were to return, I would wait for a gear reset (might happen this summer?) or the next expansion.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Casual raiding - Sure.
    Top end raiding - Expect to shell out a LOT of $$$.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

owe Zeddicious I missed you on the Forum .
    I feel so bad for all those people on the regular servers , the pressure to get all geared up for raid .
    Raid is where you go to get gear so you can go raid .
    I have found out that casual raids very often turn competitive , and something that used to be all fun and giggles often
    turns in to a chore .
    But it's for sure nice if you can just blast through those quests without breaking sweat in the overland areas .

I am playing mostly on those TLE servers because of the gear required on the regular servers.
    You guys who just came back , they opened up a brand new PvP server if that's your cup of tea .
    Brightblade and Zeddicious like this.
  6. Obano Well-Known Member

This is probably the best time of the year to come back. Summer Etherials are about to kick off in a couple weeks so that makes things easy for returning players.

Depends on the class. T1 dps and tanks are expected to shell out some major cash. Utility classes and healers can get by with just the collector's edition even in a hard core raid setting.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except expert PUGgroups don't take under-geared people and regular heroics aren't being run, so new people can't get geared enough to run experts...
    AOE1 likes this.
  8. Obano Well-Known Member

Etherials hasn't started yet so of course nobody is really running anything atm. During last expansion's ethereal event pugs were running regular heroics all the time for coins and doing Big baddies overland heroic. There is no reason to suspect it will be different this time.
  9. Miroh Well-Known Member

Very possible! Between achievement gear, master crafted (they did better this expac), gear from the overseer quests, you'll get your stats up in no time. Aim to get shadow prospecting up so when you get those recipes from the overseer you can make those as well!

This is coming from someone who doesn't group or raid...ever. My gear isn't great but its enough =-) And I haven't dropped any $ except on the occasional monthly sub when i don't consume a krono.
  10. Warlyx Active Member

is no wonder eq2 is almost dead
    Schmetterling likes this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that's why TLE servers are popular Warlyx .
    Breanna likes this.
  12. CSP84 Well-Known Member

@ Vunder
    You are right on time for the 100 Dollar/Euro/Pound Familiars.....