Race Change Potion Bugged

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by GamerGirl007, May 14, 2021.

1. GamerGirl007 Active Member

I purchased a race change potion for one of my characters. When activated, it allows me to select the new race I'd like to change to but never opens the character customization window to allow me to actually complete the change. I've logged out and back in, changed zones and it still doesn't work. I am sad I spent money on this.

AFTER 6 DAYS, A PETITION. THIS THREAD AND NUMEROUS REPLIES IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET HELP, I SOLVED MY OWN PROBLEM. Maybe do better Daybreak?
    Jesaine likes this.
  2. GamerGirl007 Active Member

Update anyone have any thoughts?
  3. Retyl New Member

I bought the 2potion swap as well. I changed races and now it will not let me change back. What gives?!!?!?
  4. GamerGirl007 Active Member

I am hoping for a reply in this - this is real money spent on a service that wasn't.
  5. Test Taffies Active Member

It changed your race yes? So as troublesome as it is, go (in game) and find a barber and buy a haircut or cut and trim (whatever its called) and change your appearance that way. ask a guard where one is and if they nerfed them out of the game, then bad on them and I am truly sorry that you did not get to make adjustments to your character and suggest using /bug in game and or support via the website. Best of luck to youz.
  6. Test Taffies Active Member

You may actually have to log out and log back in and try again. It has been a log time since I've used a change race but it has always worked for me, (within the last 2 years) all except for the looks issue which I visited a in game barber to fix.
  7. GamerGirl007 Active Member

No, it did not change my race. I am still what I was, the potion wasn't consumed, it remains in my bag. Anytime I click it literally nothing (beyond a prompt asking me which race I'd like to change to) occurs. Once I select the race I intend to change to - NOTHING. I am so frustrated, I've been trying to use it for nearly 24 hours. I paid for this, and it is broken. I'd like to hear from a Dev, or anyone who has had experience with this?
  8. GamerGirl007 Active Member

Thank you for your reply, sincerely, but I have logged out and back in again, out of the entire game in fact, and I've changed zones and I tried to go to the barber just to see what would happen and I got the message that one customization was already in progress (which it clearly is not).
  9. Carizia New Member

Is it a race that you have access to? Aerakyn and freeblood had to be purchased separately. Could it be this that is stopping the change? Also can an illusion be somehow preventing you seeing the race? No idea on illusion.
  10. GamerGirl007 Active Member

Thank you for your reply. It is Dark Elf. A basic starting race. No illusions, that is the first thing I checked. Again, I've tried everything I can conceivably think of. I'd like a word from the devs about this.I am guessing there is no one monitoring the forums on the weekends.
  11. GamerGirl007 Active Member

Is there a way to tag a dev? I have submitted an official bug report in game but it only led me back here to the forums.
  12. GamerGirl007 Active Member

Hello AGAIN. Another 24 hours passed and not a single reply from a Dev? Am I to assume that you no longer back products you sell on the marketplace? Because the service I purchased STILL doesn't work and I've heard not a single reply from anyone who can actually do anything about it. I am frustrated!
    Jesaine likes this.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

If you haven't already, you should submit a petition and have CS help you.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. GamerGirl007 Active Member

How does one do that? I think I have, I definitely submitted a bug report.
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

You can go to the website directly
    https://www.everquest2.com/home
    or can be redirected from in game. In game type /petition. Then follow - log in, support etc, until you can submit a ticket.

If you've not submitted a support ticket it may be a little tedious the first time. It's the best way to reach out to customer service directly.

Bug report here is (I believe) different than an actual petition for help. Good luck!
    Breanna likes this.
  16. GamerGirl007 Active Member

I am ** CLOSE to losing it. I have tried for the last hour to submit a petition via their website, any time I try it wants my email verified or the answer to my secret question which I have had set since 2004 and I know very well what the answer is but the website will NOT accept it (yes I know it is not case sensitive) so I cannot even submit a petition over this! IT HAS BEEN 5 DAYS SINCE I SPENT MONEY ON THIS SERVICE AND IT STILL ISN'T WORKING! DAYBREAK GET YOUR **** TOGETHER PLEASE.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just following up - what was the solve on your end? It may help us understand the issue.

Sorry about the ticket/email verification thing - that problem is being worked on. For now, you should be able to change your email address/change it back to force it to work.
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  18. GamerGirl007 Active Member

I had to use my husband's account to be able to submit a ticket, because the system continuously rejected the answer I KNOW is correct to my security question. Once I got into that area, and I filled out the CR report, it suggested perhaps I uncheck ALL alternate models and make sure my "Hide my Illusion" option was not on. The "Hide my Illusion" had not been ticked but when I disabled all alternate models, I was finally able to use the potion. This information should not be hidden behind security questions. The whole situation took almost a week and left me frustrated and no one from Daybreak responded at all UNTIL I had solved my own issue. Please try to do better by your player base, especially when they're spending money in your marketplace. #HonestFeedback
    Jesaine and Mepps like this.
  19. pumancat Well-Known Member

Tried doing this last night, and did all the same as GamerGirl007. Same results. Asks what race to change to, then nothing except sparkles on my character. Have bugged it as well.
    Darreien AB lvl 125 Warden
  20. Tkia Well-Known Member

You're slso making the same mistake as the OP by posting here. This is not a bug that will be solved by devs but an account/character issue that will need you to petition CS. If none of the illusion /model settings mentionead above fix it for you then only CS will be able to help and they do not work from these boards.