Bards Emotes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dusano, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

I noticed a Lot of npcs and even mobs from seru have this bard emotes Thats is playing instruments mandolins drums and etc i wanna ask the devs If they can makes that possible for players (bards at Least)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I actually thought they were in there, but I will take a look when I get the chance.
  3. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

I appreciate, thank you :) they ARE mostly from bards skills like buffs but on themotes page actually there's none of those i Hope you can guys can make It true thanks again :D
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I've seen bard emotes (musical notes) on my dirge and troub. Don't pay much attention to them. Maybe check your graphical settings.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It would be immensely cool to make them available for House Actors, like we have the Crafting "emotes" already... :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. oakmiser Well-Known Member

I think you're just thinking of particle effects.

What I'm hoping Toby is working on giving us is a constant looping playing of instruments. Hopefully Drum, Lute, and Flute three different emotes. <3
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The floating musical notes? Yeah, I'm impressed with folks that can ignore them; I'd love to be able to toggle them on and off. ;->

As for the physical, instrument-playing emotes, I'm with Oakmiser on that one. :)

Uwk
    oakmiser and Breanna like this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Maybe for me at least, I could care less about "emotes" of playing a lute or any other musical instrument during combat. And if I'm not in combat, I really don't see the point.
  9. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

Its a roleplay thing for me i'm surprised by all the answers and i wanna thank you all who support the bard emotes idea i hope the devs can introduce them ASAP thanks all

Yes its the particles things emote i didnt knew the name/term and i hope we can get those soon
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oakmiser might've been referring to House Actors?

And once combat starts, all other /emotes are pretty much out the window, so I think you're safe there. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Particle effects (little musical notes drifting around) are already in the game and functioning. Again, check your particle settings if you're not seeing them.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

Guys let me explain in simple terms i finally remembered so you press O and the emotes menu appears (blowkiss,dance etc) those are the ones i'm talking about i want something similar for bards with their instruments...
    Their drums,flutes,mandolin etc...i want play those actions that many npcs in the game can and we the players cant.....got it?
    Aylea and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, we only get to do that when we're casting something, usually an Until Cancelled thing. :-/

I, too, would like to be able to play instruments, either as my Bards and/or with House Actors. :)

Uwk
    Aylea and Breanna like this.
  14. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

Thanks for the support darling, please spread the word i really hope they can make it happen for us soon
    Aylea and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Right on! That would be cool indeed...Kaitheel, you got your ears on? :D

Uwk
  16. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

We wouldnt even have to have the particle effect necessarily . . just the emote of standing there playing an air guitar or drumming or flute! For EVERYONE including ACTORS. I have houses that I have some bands in and guess what they are doing? HARVESTING. ???? Why? Cause they cant play an instrument.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It's on my list to check into. It won't be anytime soon, I'm knee deep in expansion monsters right now.
  18. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

*le sigh* Well Thank you. At least its on the list somewhere.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, that's such a visual... :D

I really wish I was an artist; I can see it now...a Ratonga, furiously scribbling away at one of the in-game "writing desks"/drafting boards, with monsters of various sizes, mostly meeping away for his attention ("Draw ME!!" "No, me! :D" "I still need to be animated!" "Waahhh!" [big guy in the back, looming over the li'l ratty; deep voice:] "I better be da next one, boss..."), and a long To-Do List scroll nearly reaching the floor... :D

Uwk
    who'd also really love to have true Bard emotes for Actors :)
  20. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Sounds like the makings of a house to me!