SEHS21 Sign up Information

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Aney~, May 14, 2021.

1. Aney~ Member

What the heck? Another event already?

Don't panic, you have plenty of time to unload those bags from the last Home Swap and sign up!

Devilkiss and I invite you to sign up for the:

Summer Event House Swap!!

This Home Swap will cover several events that are coming up this summer:
    Oceansfull Festival June 4th - 18th
    Scorched Sky Celebration June 25th - July 9th
    Tinkerfest July 23rd - August 6th

The SEHS21 event will run June 5th - August 21st which I think will give folks plenty of time to enjoy the game events and decorate too. (Which is never enough time) The total decorating time is 11 weeks!

Rubbing your hands together thinking of ideas? Awesome Sauce, now pass them on to me! (But don't let DK know)

How to sign up:
    If you are interested, please send the following information to Aney2018@gmail.com
    • Server Name(s) :
    • Homeowner Name(s) :
    • Home that you are putting up for the event:
    • House Size Preference : (if no preference, please put ANY.)
    • Name of Character(s) you will be decorating with :
    • You can put up multiple homes to be chosen from your decorator if you like so include that as well
    Once you pick out a home to enter for the swap, make sure to name that home SEHS21 and give trustee access to Devilkiss and Aneylee.

Please make sure your rent is paid through the event. This is the cost and status of the home. You can purchase the Treasure Hoard box from the Loyalty Merchant which will reduce the money cost by 25% per box, so can have 4.

The deadline to sign up is June 4th. Why? Because then we have to do all stealth moves on the servers and give access to everyone and send mail and all that admin stuff no one likes to do :p

Who can participate :
    Anyone and everyone! We want to see all of you participate. These events can not happen without all of you! Haven't done one yet but thinking about it? Sign up! Once you do one, you will want do all the other ones that get posted! Okay has one now that ends May 31st, so check out that one!
    We are open to all servers but only if we have enough on each one. We don't want you decorating your own home!

So now time for those Pesky Rules:
    Please do not put up a million count home (I wish) and only want to decorate a 2 bedroom home yourself.
    Keep in mind that you may put up a small home and request a small home, but you may get a larger home assigned to you. You only need to do what you feel comfortable doing. You can always block off areas or some crazy idea comes to you and then BOOM. Well hopefully you don't go BOOM but maybe your ideas will! We always try to fit the home to your request.

Suggestions:

A book about your toon and your likes/dislikes would be most appreciated by your Decorator. I know when I first started participating in the HomeSwaps I just wanted to give the decorator free reign to do their thing. But it really does help them out as far as what to do. For instance, do you want a big Ole Kitchen to do all that cooking in, a library to lose yourself in, a pool to relax by, or maybe a really cool shoe closet. Give them an idea to work with. (They will thank you)

A house actor of your toon would be helpful as well. Would not want to make a tiny house and your toon is a Huge Ogre for instance. *Snickers* That would be kinda funny:p

I will leave the expanders up to you. I would suggest that if you are willing to add them, then put that in your book to let your decorator know. Then they can let me or DK know if they need them.

Don't think you will have the time to decorate but would like to help out? Awesome! You can sign up to be a helper if you like. Just let me know and I will list you as such. The helper list will be added to this post.

Okay I think I have everything covered!

We look forward to everyone signing up and having a great time with this event!

Aney!
    Breanna, Carynn and Aelissa like this.
  2. Aeval New Member

Yay!! Thank you so much Aney and Devilkiss for putting this event together....I'm going to find a house and send you an email tomorrow! :)
  3. Aelissa Well-Known Member

Always love these trades, they cheer me up so much! Thank you DK & Aney.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Sent u my mail
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

I keep telling myself I'm not going to do more and then I want to do more every time you post. ;)

PS I have a bizarre email so check your junk mail
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, got mine in! :)

And newbies to these kinds of events, I can guarantee that at least some of us LOVE to have a very good idea of the details of what you'd like (blueprints aren't needed, but oh, if they were possible...). ;) Even if you don't really "know" the character whose house you want decorated as a character yet, I'd like to at least have an idea of the gender, race, class, and possibly the tradeskill/craft of the character I'm decorating for, 'cause that always helps. Favorite colors/foods/drinks/holidays/etc., the more details the merrier. :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Carynn like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

(I had "post-partum depression" right after the last one and immediately got itchy deco fingers to do SOMETHING else, right away... ;->)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

*bump up*
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Aney~ Member

Bumping this up

You have 2 weeks before the sign up deadline on June 4th.

Still unsure? That's okay, at least you are thinking about it! Sign up and enjoy the fun of decorating a home for someone!
    Afraid because you think your skills are not all that? Pffft If you can put a table and chair down you are good to go! I promise once you start on a project ideas will just come to you. And of course all the boo-boos that turn into something else!

Dip your toes into this Homeswap! The water is warm :)

Homeshow channel (When it works) is an awesome source for questions and to throw ideas around. Could not ask for a better group of folks than there! I get a lot of ideas just from reading the chat.

And don't forget you also get a home decorated for YOU!

So find that home that you have that is collecting dust, you know the one that the guards are always knocking on the door to see if anyone still lives there? Mail pilling up? Weird people leaving food outside the door? Yeah that one. Or maybe you just got a new one and want to see what someone can do with it!

Get those sign ups in!!!

Aney~
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Something else I might suggest for any new folks: check out the videos and the screenshots in Homeshow here that folks have put up of their places. Many's the time I've stolen -- er, borrowed, or been inspired by -- wonderful ideas from other folks and shamelessly used them in my own designs; just, if you're gonna copy an entire house, at least tell us whose house it was first. ;-> At least all this stuff belongs to Daybreak Games anyway, so you won't get in trouble for posting their intellectual property in their games, but folks who came up with stuff completely from scratch want to be acknowledged for it. :)

Also: new folks, the Layout Editors aren't as spooky as they sound, honestly; there's all sorts, from the simple (really, really no-frills, but you have to know what the numbers mean) Notepad Method to Sennen's OpenSource Editor to JesDyr's Layout Editor. You don't even actually need them; I've seen amazing works of art houses done without any editor at all. :)

As for the rest of you, help out the potential new folks; let folks know what it is you want (and/or something about your toon). Many's the time I've gotten things like, "Just do what you want! I'll love it! :D" which is awesome, but what if I don't know what it is I want to do? :confused: I, for one, am still inexperienced enough that I do need some details (I don't know all the house items, but I have a link to EQ2 Furniture on my desktop; get that, new folks, you'll be glad you did ;->); on the other hand, if you want just all the stuff from expansions and game updates beyond Blood of Luclin in your house, you're gonna be out of luck with me, since I don't have those yet (I don't even have any 120s yet). :-/ Going with the holiday theme as a request for your house is always a safe bet for any new decorators; scribing the recipes only takes like Artisan 1 or 2 or so, and the materials are usually really easy to get for them, except for any special holiday mats, and they'll learn about those pretty quickly if they don't already know. ;->

Of course, we have no idea who we're gonna get... ;)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Aney~ Member

Uwkete is now promoted to Public Relations Officer (Sorry it does not come with a raise :p)

Uwkete has giving several very useful links that I would recommend checking out as well as some awesome insight into what you may want to put in your book for your decorator.

And again, Homeshow Channel is a blessing for ideas or help! And do not forget the forums here as well!

Aney~
  13. kloree Member

Andreasjahn maj' dul server can help, i can use layout editor a little bit but can help craft or adjust stuff if needed.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! Thanks! :D

"The appropriate medals will be awarded." --paraphrase of Gen. Sergei Kushnirov, War of the Worlds: Goliath (BEST WotW movie EVER [best media rendition of WotW = Jeff Wayne's musical, but this is the best movie]!)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Aney~ Member

Bumping this up as you have 8 more days to sign up!

Devilkiss and I would love to see you all sign up.

No pressure (Get that sign up in)
    Will be so much fun (Get that sign up in)
    You can do this (Get that sign up in)

Oh and please be sure to sign up :p

Aney~
  16. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

***subliminal messaging***
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aney! My bad, I thought I'd sent off my entry(-ies) awhile back, but I found to my great dismay that my idiot email service didn't bother to send it after all until I fixed it TODAY! :(

(Or did I just send you the same mail again...let me know... :-/)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Aney~ Member

I got it Uwk, I am still practicing the pronunciation of the names :p

I have responded to all emails that I have received so far so if you did not get a response from me, bet sure to double check that you sent it in.

And my homeshow channel is not working again so if you all could help spread the info in game I would appreciate it very much. Dead line for signing up is June 4th!

Thanks everyone!
    Aney!
  19. Aney~ Member

*Bumping*

Get those sign ups in folks!!!!
  20. Aney~ Member

Bumping as tomorrow is the deadline for sign ups!

Also I have been told that there is tons of stuff up for your use on the Public Test server by Uwk. So if you would like to sign up for that server go for it! *Hint*

I know summers are busy for folks. I have a few Real Life home projects that I have to get done. As in Insurance company is involved so that just stresses me out. But decorating is a nice relief from all of that. I can't fix my RL house but I can make something for someone else in the game.

You will have 11 weeks to work on your project and of course any help that you may need from the wonderful Decorating Community.

Devilkiss and I look forward to seeing you sign up for a great time!

Aney~