What have you done with this game?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jovie, May 14, 2021.

1. Jovie Well-Known Member

I logged on my 114 conj today after having some time away, and decided to try to finish a quest in one of the Seru instances.
    I, my pet and my merc are all pretty much instantly destroyed. This was in a solo version. What the hell?

What dev approved the transfer of eq2 to be more like eq1? Stop it. Just stop it.

Seriously, why are you developing a game to be a pain in the butt to people? That is eq1's job.

What part of solo means that a player and his merc should die in less than 2 seconds? (for the record, i had played in this instance previously without issue and had one more mob to get to complete the quest)

Stop it with the billions of hit points and billions of ac and mana and whatever else.

I know that the live game suffers changes due to tlp servers, i assume that the latest round is a result of that?

Some more feedback. You know that your game is poorly developed when a player has to loot all new gear out of a magic chest just to survive even a couple seconds.

The under 100 game is still fully functional and mostly fun, save for the hit that you did to the mercs. They are still useless as of late.

It's like you want to make a horrible setting for the playerbase. Why?
    Cassta and WhysperWynde like this.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Are you sure that you didn't click the heroic version of the zone ? I have done that in the past.
    Cassta, Xianthia and WhysperWynde like this.
  3. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

You also need key stats (Resolve, Potency, adorns) at a sufficient level.

I do think stats and gear need to be simplified for new and returning players.
  4. The-Plethora Active Member

5. Jovie Well-Known Member

I did not.
  6. Jovie Well-Known Member

Prior to my break i was quite capable. Someone in chat said that my resolve was the issue now.
  7. Jovie Well-Known Member

I remember the issue with the mercs is directly tied to the TLP servers. The people that make this game never seem to be capable of running more than one rule set, so all suffer for the tlp in this case. It wouldn't shock me if we got a double whammy nerf because of the pvp server.

FIX YOUR DAMN GAME.
    AOE1 and Cassta like this.
  8. Jalathan Active Member

No, the Merc issues isn't because of the TLE. In fact, the mercs are disabled over there completely. It was something they did with RoS, where they make the mercs a % of your stats instead of entities in and of themselves... you are pretty much required to get a celestial one and level it to 20 and fully gear it out like it was a player before they are worth a darn now.
    AOE1, WhysperWynde and Jovie like this.
  9. Jovie Well-Known Member

Thank you for clearing that up for me.
    It is baffling. Here i thought that the Neverwinter devs were beyond stupid with their lust to change their game every couple of months, the EQ2 devs are doing their damndest to take the title.

@ttobey or whoever is in charge, please, for the love of the game, revert these garbage changes. While you are at it, simplify the damn stats so that we aren't in the billions. If you can't do that, then please just shut the game down.
  10. Dristlin Member

Resolve is a bad system. A gear check that has been baked in to the gear so you need gear from expansion to do even world check.

IF they have to provide starting gear for the expansion and you can not start out with what you got leveling up that is a sign of a issue with it.

I think it is fine that raiders have an advantage at the start of an expansion they earned better gear than some one that did solo stuff.

They need to redo gear and get rid of the potency/resolve style stats on it. My little heal should not restore +80%+ life per tick.
  11. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

resolve does not apply to overland or solo mobs. states so on their mob buff packages. coming back after a while pretty much guarantees you'll get destroyed by stuff without visiting the roundabouts of: lockbox in the intro gathering area of the new zones. This year it's in Fordel Midst right as soon as you land. Visit the panda in sundered frontier, right by the wiz spire and do his questline. this year's good items are cyan adornments and upgraded tol'ren adornments. also do the overseers. they are unexciting. but they'll start doling out recipes that can help you upgrade your mount items, which btw, if you're unaware, level your mount, and apply gear, and train your mercenary and familiar. your mercenary and familiar each gives you a buff that helps. all of these things are little, but stack up. i'm sure there are other things i'm forgetting. welcome back. happy hunting. :)
    Cassta and Xianthia like this.
  12. Obano Well-Known Member

The problem is you are level 114 and the Seru instance is designed for level 120 players. Go back to the blinding and do other quests until you hit 120 which should take less than 30 minutes.
    Gukatin, Cassta and WhysperWynde like this.
  13. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Why on earth would you assume a server where the current expac is SF and the level cap is 90 would have any bearing whatsoever on your level 100+ gimped character? The only appreciable effect that TLE servers have had on live servers is that you got the Isle of Refuge back. You're welcome.
  14. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Did you redo your AAs when coming back? Did you grab the box gear in Blinding? Resolve (as mentioned above) doesn't apply to the solo instances (nor overland mobs iirc).

After any break, you should revisit your character (no idea if you did or not). There are a lot of changes. A look at your AAs, mount, familiar. Many things to make you capable again.

Good luck!
    Cassta likes this.
  15. Gukatin Gukatin Trueshot of ButcherBlock

This.

There is zero chance they were doing Seru at 114 at any point ever since you cant get the quest to enter until 120
    Cassta likes this.
  16. Deckerd Smeckerd Active Member

The point of /con in the beginning of mmos was to keep things easy to understand. I think that if resolve makes a creature deadly then it's color code should reflect that.
    Cassta likes this.
  17. Adept Active Member

My first thought was it was probably the changes to aa issue where you needed to redo all your aa's otherwise you might have found yourself dramatically weaker .. but if you can only do instance at level 120 is this thread a beat up?
    Cassta likes this.
  18. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I don't think it is a player or AA issue, it is a game issue in many more ways than one. AND it is a developers issue because of all the constant changes that generally fail. The AA changes were a horrible flop and why do WE have to change everything, literally everything with every xpac or developers 'idea' of the way to go?

This does NOT give many of us a desire to keep paying and playing. Geez, a new xpack. Great. Change out all my gear, equipment, AA's, and level 3 more things while still trying to level what already exist. How exciting is that?
    Cassta and Tkia like this.
  19. Jalathan Active Member

Not true, you can get the enter the zone at 114 (that is the minimum though) however, the truth is the zone was built for lvl 120s (even though it is on the leveling path) which is quite silly to me... but it is definitely enterable at 114, I've done it at that level with a duo.

I will state though, anymore, I just stay in PoM until 120... makes the stupid quest to get into the blinding much easier
    Cassta likes this.