All Access Popups

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by bookmarked, May 6, 2021.

1. bookmarked Member

I keep getting popup windows that say "This feature requires All Access". I don't mind a message when I try something that's only available to members, but it happens even when I'm not doing anything. Just now, I got one when I was just sitting on my horse in the middle of a field. My hands weren't even on the mouse or keyboard.

It's really a pain when it pops up when I'm in combat.

Is there some automatic background process that's trying to do something that's only available to All Access members? If so, can I turn it off?
  2. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Being a Constant All Access Member I'm not sure what to tell you since I never get this message. But I was playing with friends that I invited to join me in EQ2 and they were playing free and also felt plagued by pop-up messages to join. I think that this is more or less typical of playing a game for free; they're going to keep hoping that you've had enough fun to join up paying for membership after awhile so they keep reminding you. I find just the discounted prices .. I believe of 10% off of all items I can buy on EQ2 Marketboard to be totally worth the membership price and then some.
  3. bookmarked Member

I can understand ads to urge you to upgrade, but pop-ups during important moments (combat, etc.) are obnoxious.

Also, the "This feature requires All Access" part is confusing. If it wasn't for that, I would have just assumed it was an ad. That's what made me think it was some automatic background feature that was turned on somewhere.

I'd have no problem paying if I could afford it. Chronic health problems keep me from working so I have to limit expenses. I can live with the limitations.
  4. bookmarked Member

5. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

On my F2P accounts I only ever see that pop-up a couple minutes after zoning. Not constantly.
    bookmarked likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I only see that when I log on , and when I log out of the game I get directed to a mebsite to try getting me to subscribe again .
    I am missing the whole list of games I can play with all access the way we used to have on the Launchpad .
    Breanna likes this.
  7. bookmarked Member

Maybe zoning is the key. I'll have to pay more attention to see if it only pops up after I change zones. Maybe wait until I get the popup before getting into something where it would be a distraction.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

Nope. It's on some kind of regular timer. I was logged into a ftp account a few months ago to monitor something and the popup kept appearing. Obviously the 'feature' that requires the payment must be 'standing around doing nothing in Freeport'. So the popup is both annoying AND inaccurate.
  9. bookmarked Member

Yeah, same here. It's popped up twice since I've been watching today and all I've been doing is wandering around in the open ares of Antonica - no zone changes at all. From the limited amount of time since I posted earlier, it looks like about once an hour?

So the question remains - is it just a nag ad to encourage paying members or does the "This feature requires All Access" refer to some option that we can turn off?
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hmm maybe I only get it at the beginning and when I log of the account at the end the other one because I got a silver account .
    I guess I should test that .
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Marae Well-Known Member

When I was still on free to play I used to get a message about every half hour, but if I recall it was similar to the welcome window. that everyone saw on login (and it's been a few years, so I may be misremembering). They discontinued that login popup just recently, so I'm guessing they replaced it with this ad for f2p accounts. It looks like they are trying to show you what you can do as a member, but I agree, it's confusing to word it that way. It might be a little clearer to say "These features require All Access:" or better, "Here's what you get with All Access!" and then give the list, but I really think they ought to do away with the nag screen entirely, or restrict it to when you first log in. I don't think it inspires people to subscribe, but it might annoy some of them enough that they quit playing. The nag screen had nothing to do with me deciding to subscribe - I made that decision based on finances and my love for the game. (Are you listening, Daybreak?)
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Nope. The change was made just a few weeks ago and I was seeing the exact popup mentioned here months ago.