Merc Stops attacking and stands there

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Poulai, May 4, 2021.

1. Poulai New Member

Not sure if this is a known problem, couldn't find this exact issue.

Several times lately, after fighting multiple mobs, my mercenary will just stop fighting and stand there. I mash the attack button - and they stand there cowering. Until they are dead, then I am soon dead too. Am I accidently doing something to cause this???

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
  2. Komatus Well-Known Member

I am sure someone else can explain this better than me, but I will tell you what is basically happening. All mercs are not even. There are 3 or 4....maybe 5 levels of mercs. This means the highest level attacks the best and does the most healing / or damage plus they will be able to fight more realatively high level creatures for longer before cowering in fear. So...what you are experiencing is a merc cowering in fear due to being overwhelmed by the mobs. If you are currently using one of the highest level mercs you are most likely sol in doing better unless you can build up your mercs damage and defense and your own toons damage and defense. Suggest using tactics and try pulling smaller mobs rather than attacking everything in sight all at once. lol...
  3. Poulai New Member

Ahh - I did not know they would get overwhelmed and cower in fear. Thank you very much.

I am very selective - but sometimes I have been swarmed by mobs and it is disheartening to see your Merc stand there cowering LOL

Thanks for explaining.