What are you doing in game when not raiding?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Smashey, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

If that were the case, I'd suspect Sony/DPG would be hit with a class action lawsuit and the former dev would probably face legal action as well.
  2. Jalathan Active Member

Normally I would agree, but honestly I have not found the heroic instances to be all that much fun and the solos bore me to death and the only reason why raids have continued is because of the people, not the game itself.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Jalathan Active Member

I have a toon over there, level 70 inquisitor. I log in every now and then, but I hates soloing on a healer... probably should of made something a bit more... deadly :)
  4. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

5. Almee Well-Known Member

I have often said that the devs strike back at players who bad mouth them but I wasn't being serious. In general my luck sucks anyway, even outside the game, so I hate the RNG focus of this game. There have been times however, like today, when I wonder if a dev isn't yanking my chain. I was fighting the last mob, in the Ancient Vault for BoL access, and the boss mob was way down in life when all of a sudden she healed completely and almost killed my characters. I have no idea what saved them--it sure wasn't my skill as I was busy trying to pull my jaw up off the floor. I've done that fight about 40 times now and have never had that happen.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I used to play all sorts of other games (at one point, I was doing City of Heroes, WoW, and EQ2), but with my OCD, decorating takes way too much time for me on this game (and there were economic considerations; CoH -- well, NCSoft -- went bankrupt [serves 'em right, the jerks], and there was a time we had to choose between WoW and EQ2, since we couldn't do both at the same time, at least not with my hubby's WoW account, my WoW account [F2P WoW only lasts for 20 levels; if you want to do more, you gotta subscribe], and my EQ2; even hubby got disillusioned from WoW after going through Cataclysm for awhile and he's now doing cheaper games... ;->). I dabble occasionally in Elvenar with my hubby, but that's it for others.

Well, that and table-top, but fortunately the pandemic had precluded me from having to do my GM homework for that for the longest time...good news: my players and their host family are all getting vaccinated! :D Bad news: that means we'll be starting up again fairly soon... :-/

Uwk
    who's still having the worst time ever trying to line up appointments for the shot... X-P
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I quit serious raiding about 18 months ago. I got tired all the hyper competitiveness and the need to spend a LOT of real life cash to maintain my raid worthiness. I did recently join a guild that is doing progressive raids twice a week and is the exact opposite of serious about it ;) What I do the rest of the time is focus on getting all of my over 100 characters up to 120 in crafting and adventuring. My main account has achieved that goal, so now I am getting all their secondary crafting skills maxed out. And there is also what I call account maintenance, where I make sure everyone is up to date on researching of spells, mounts, and mercs. I also keep up with Overseers on four of my five accounts. So, I would say not much of any significance, just puttering about instead of actual gaming.
    Carynn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is that the one Weird Al Yankovic incorporated into a recent polka medley of his? :D

"I don't want anybody else
    When I think about you I touch myself"

Uwk
    Breanna and Zeddicious like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hoy...and here I am, glad if one of the 120 toons in my Gold account/server can have their Tinkering maxxed... :eek:

I'll probably get at least one toon in each of the 6 servers (all 4 US, Thurg, Public Test) up to 120, just so I can harvest in the zones off the Great Library. THAT was an irritating bunch of bad news... >:-/

Uwk
    who should've remembered attempting to do those stupid quests when you first come in the Great Library lobby... "Oh, just pick me up some spare pages for the sign-in book; it'll be easy! It'll be fun! :D Ignore the fact that the 'pages' will eat your face unless you're level 120 in a level 110 zone! :D"
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol carnivorous paper I can just imagine the fearless Kerra kitty having his face cut up with paper cuts rotfl :D :p

owe poor kitty pulls out some ointment and band aids and patches up her friend , and next time bring a big brother or sister to pick up the paperwork .
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

Pretty much, lol....however, I'm literally rolling in plat & kronos due to raider's need for Balzanite crystals.

Maybe next xpac will be more fun.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Haven't tried it with Uwk himself yet; he's only 100... ;->

With the other toons, the 110s, the pages started at the face and didn't stop until the soles of the boots were gone... X-P

Uwk
    who wonders: is there a trick to beating these things? I'm stuck with "only" the uber-110 level stuff they gave us from The Crate...
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Leetha New Member

Errmm.... I almost never raid :).

I am doing the quest lines, crafting, work on collections.... and most of all, I am having fun :)
    Lateana, Breanna, Geroblue and 2 others like this.