What are you doing in game when not raiding?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Smashey, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Smashey Well-Known Member

I just wonder what the heck people are doing in this current expansion when they are not raiding.
    Lateana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't have the current expac yet (I'll probably wait 'til it goes on sale in the autumn and the bugs within are at least as imperiled as the insect species in RL) and I don't raid; if I do a dungeon run, it'll be solo (I don't even molo). I'm willing to group with someone if I need to PL for something, like going from the 90s adventuring to 100 for Newsies, for instance. The main thing I'm here for these days is crafting (99th and below, at least :-/) and decorating, with the occasional toon getting the occasional Token, often adventuring (I like to EARN my crafting levels, though it's always awesome to get the boost to Tinkering as well with a Tradeskill Token), and almost always my Carpies, so they can harvest with relative impunity. ;->

It's distressing to see that the areas accessible via the Great Library that CLAIM to be level 110 are actually more in the mid->high 110-teens; I can't even really harvest there until I get the new expac and can get to 120, will-I/nill-I. Talk about deception in advertising. >:-/

Uwk
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I see two things people are doing consistently when not raiding when they can even log in:
    1) endless camping of boss mobs/placeholders in the current xpac
    2) only logging in to do OSer quests

All said, it's quite sad.
    Smashey, Lateana, Beee and 1 other person like this.
  4. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I log in to churn out overseer quests - before I unlocked the good fabled ones I was logging in more frequently to cash in the 2.5-5, but now it's once a day to pick up the 10-15 hour quests.

I log in 3x a week for raids - outside of those days there's one additional day where I do the weekly Baddies quest. I don't bother with heroic weeklies because adorns are too rare and there's nothing I need/want enough outside of adorns to justify the time sink, unless someone in Discord reaches out to arrange a group. I am completely burned out on the excessive RNG from this expac and the last.

When I am on, there are perhaps 4-5 other people on in guild, also checking overseer and getting Baddies done. The Baddies weekly is still seeing some "engagement" because there's a decent chance to get green adorns or mount gear, the occasional upgrade, and the coins of cabal allow one to buy the items they want from a vendor versus no one's favorite, RNG.
    Lateana, Beee, Bhayar and 1 other person like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And see? This is one of the many reasons why I don't immediately pounce on the latest/greatest expac, simply because it's pretty much become a question of "Why?" If DBG is continuing with their "F2P = default, subscribing = an option" paradigm (just about completely the opposite of everyone else, game company-wise), which makes them theoretically cater to end-game raiders, why are the end-game raiders seemingly bored and uninterested in doing much? :-/

Wait, hang on, I guess I'm confused and mis-reading things (it's late/early; haven't been to bed yet); how much regular raiding do you get in, Bhayar? It seems Charbryn is raiding like every other day; is it fun for you folks still? Do you still feel like you're getting what you want out of the endgame?

Uwk
    who, fortunately, has so many toons in the Horde that getting all of them up to 110 will take several years, if not a few decades :D
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

What she said. I forgot to include "Baddies." I don't even bother with the endless camping of mobs/placeholders. I have better things to do with my time. If I wanted to grind like I was mindless for minimal rewards, I'd grow feathers and be put in a maze so I could peck a bar endless times to get food. Thankfully, I'm not that stupid or bored.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll never understand who came up with the concept that "grinding = fun." Just ask a Tradeskiller how much fun folks had getting from 100-110 through the official timelines... :-/

Uwk
    who's found it is still possible to level (just verrrrrrry slowly) post-100 crafting by doing writs ;)
    Breanna likes this.
  8. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, bump those placeholders/overland names lol. I'm grateful I did the catalog quest on one toon before they added this mess in and borked the respawn timers, but I can't see any of my other toons getting the catalog quest done for the free cyan because of the camp times. I tried killing some of the bounties with a group of fellow raiders (admittedly not a balanced group, only 1 healer and no power, but everyone with 1+b hp, 315-330k+ potency and knowing their classes) not knowing what we were walking into and one shot, raid resolve required mobs, all with strats and Bulwark triggers to figure out just made me say NOPE even louder lol.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Bhayar like this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Uwk, I currently raid twice a week. I used to raid three times a week with a different group up until a month ago, but had some fundamental ethical disagreements with the raid leadership and decided it was better for everyone if I left. Still maintain relationships with a number of the raiders from the old group, however. That aside, we get together and run weeklys/Vext Thall or outside heroic mobs to stay in touch. Mostly, we get together in a special channel as we're turning over OSers for some laughs. Otherwise, it's a ghost town.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I don't raid, nor group. I solo or molo.
  11. EmJay Well-Known Member

I'm not in game when not raiding anymore except to send out overseers and then collect them when they complete. And after this morning's patch, the rewards from the overseers have changed, not in a good way from what I've seen. But giving it a benefit of a doubt, I will continue to level it up until I find out what will be dropping at full level. Then I will decide if that is even worth my time.
    Bhayar and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Jalathan Active Member

When I was raiding (on a hiatus) I log in to chat with people while I run around in circles in my GH... because that is more fun than most of the content.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to question why did I bother to return to this game :(
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Ibukia Member

Have you ever been nasty with a dev before? Or sent in a nasty feedback? There was an old dev who came out on another site and said that they had a bad rng flag that they'd hit players with. Who knows who's still on that list after that dev left .
    Lateana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, there's more to the game than just raiding... ;->

/ducking_incoming_missiles

Uwk
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wo! Good lord, that could explain so much... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  16. Exilya Active Member

I only log in for raids, I dont do any overseers/weekly/solos/crafting anymore.
    I play other games the rest of the time, that way I dont feel frustrated at the lack of communication or feel like I'm treated like a toddler when devs make changes but won't bother explaining their train of thought. I only log in for the banter at raid time~
  17. Raff Well-Known Member

Not raiding at all in this expac. Not even running many groups. Mostly I'm just harvesting and selling on the broker. Sometimes, I hit older zones looking for rare shinies to sell.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Like Uwkete, I don't have the expac - might pick it up when it goes on sale, but doubtful.

And I don't raid - usually I log in every once in awhile to pay guild hall upkeep, do spot of housekeeping, and occasionally switch out spell research, etc.

Then I log off and go play either Final Fantasy, console games, EQ1, or the occasional pre-launch test of something.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Em Jay lol if you think the Overseer rewards are bad on live , we get useless harvestables from the old days when you had to make all sorts of combines before you could craft something useful , on Kaladim .
    78 slots of one of my depots are filled with those , I wonder if I can use them for Raffics recipes ?
    O no we don't get the little guy on Kaladim , we only got his bottle .
    Lalathan , come to Kaladim , or the next TLE server , you can at least have other people to group and having fun with .
    yes we are doing old contends but at least for me that sound a lot more fun than what you guys describe.
  20. Bhayar Well-Known Member

And it's doubly difficult now that guild chat for new guildies is completely fubared since February.