Character Eyes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I would like to suggest that we have the option of giving our characters completely black eyes. Right now, I have characters that have white eyes no matter what I do to try and change it. It makes my characters look like they have no souls and I find it creepy.

While I'm not thrilled with completely black eyes I find it less creepy than white blanks for eyes. It is especially creepy on the cats. Being able to customize our characters is one of the fun parts of the game. I hope you will consider adding either bigger pupils or the option for completely black eyes if it is too hard to do pupils. Thanks.
    Soara2 and WhysperWynde like this.
  2. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

How do you have characters with white eyes? That is strange and I'd like to see it. All black eyes would be creepy too I guess in a different way = almost like the old cartoon characters that had shiny black button-like eyes. All my characters eyes are fine and are whatever color pupils I choose for them and you can see the color differences between characters. Are you sure you have your Settings right? Maybe you need a finer degree of Screen UI Resolution? Possibly set a Higher Detail Level on your characters. Mine were on 4 and I just upped it to 10 to see what difference it made; honestly I don't see a difference yet on quick inspection. Will keep it on 10 I think though unless it somehow interferes with or slows gameplay.

Oh Wait! I do see much finer details now. My Dwarf AthaneKhagan's (Queen Mother in Kuzdul = dorf lingo) face is much more detailed now and I can see that her turquoise and silver Kaladim Stormguard Armor is patterned and the helm is feathery. Excellent! Thank you so much for your post!! I recommend highly that you try upping your Character Details Level too. *wink* (you'd see a wink at Level 10 detail!)
    Soara2, Breanna and Lateana like this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Certain monster races have unnatural eye colors, while all the more human-*like* races have irises and cornea that would be expected for them to have.

If your character has white eyes, that's because their race has white eyes. Your graphical settings and the game's own lighting elements affect how you can see your own character too.
    Soara2, Breanna and WhysperWynde like this.
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Hmm yes, certain monster types might have all white eyes or all black ones. But she mentioned 'on the cats' so I'm thinking she meant Kerrans which would to me imply that she is talking about her other normal Player Characters too. Oh wouldn't it be awesome if we could Play some of the Monster Races? I mean besides Ogre which I consider monster although my Gorralok Oggrok Provisioner and her Carpenter husband Gorelokz are quite civilized if mean tempered and zany humored.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

What race are you having this issue on? It could be a bug. I can't think of any current player race that has only white as an option for eye color. Some have faded colors yes, some with white pupils yes, but still eye colors that should show.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Aren't there also some abilities that do that? Like the monks with their glowing fist. Not sure if ability is the correct term or not. I'm trying to remember if my Pally has something similar to that.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Almee Well-Known Member

I give them eye color but it doesn't show on the character. If you look at the "Select Race" page, of creating a character, you will see what I mean on the Arasai. The Vah Shir have the same problem.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

I don't recall any of the class fun spells that do anything to the eyes. Fists, and full body flames & glows, some illusions, and other non-particle effect things. There were some LoN items that did stuff to eyes though & the warlock Hoo'loh's hat gives a particle effect, but that's dark as I recall.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

Yeah, that sounds like a bug, I have no issues making either of those races have colored eyes. Vah'Shir do have white pupils so they always look like they have eyeshine, but their iris colors just fine for me. I have no issue seeing it. Arasai (and Fae) both have their whole eyes colored for me.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Ratonga, Trolls, and Sarnaks are considered monster races. They don't have SOGA models because they felt the "monster races" looked unique enough.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Spindle Well-Known Member

My long time Arasai has the black eyes I gave her ages ago. Her eyes are still black. Just created a new Arasai with red eyes. Have been in and out of game 4 times and her eyes are still red. Neither one of them have pupils. Just solid color eyes.

My Vah Shir has blue eyes. No pupils. Just blue eyes no matter how many times I exit and re-enter the game.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed this at all. Can you post a screenshot? My Vah Shir characters eyes display just fine for me. Wonder if it's something about the shading you are selecting that makes the iris pigment hard to see?
    Soara2, Finora and Spindle like this.