Suburbs reopened?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pixistik, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

How much longer till the suburbs are reopened to live in again..we were told it was coming a long time ago?
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

3. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Heheh .. are you quoting the Devs there? It would be very nice. They are kinda dead space now although i think there are a few missions that take you into at least some of them. But it'd be nice to get living there too. Expand the livable areas would be great! And how about some new home styles to go along with?
  4. Dockter Well-Known Member

@Dreamweaver promised me willow wood years ago.... never delivered, very sad.
  5. Maldaris Active Member

Dreamweaver likely believed that such an eventuality would actually be a thing when the promise was made, I don't think any blame can be assigned in that quarter. Good money says the decision to put the kibosh on the idea was made at a level that doesn't include Named sorts who have ever appeared on this forum.

We know they still have the code. After all, characters on Kaladim can walk into the Freeport slums or Qeynos villages any time they want. In all likelihood, they've not received a sufficient amount of feedback indicating a level of interest to justify bringing the suburbs back.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still irritated that the awesome decorations the missus did for me in my Longshadow apartment when it was on LucanCrushD'LereBone got shuffled off to the Maj'Dul Jade Tiger (in the process completely messing with my head canon), so I'm definitely in the "bring back the suburbs" camp, but I have to admit being more than a tad skeptical that we're ever going to see them again, Kaladim server notwithstanding.
  6. Hreysti Member

Please bring them back! Please call it Nettleville Hovel, not Nettleville. Most of the bad producer damage has been fixed, please fix this one.
  7. Kotter Legendary Member

it's nice they give access to the 'burbs on Kaladim.

it's a shame the housing isn't there.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  8. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I cannot stand the layered housing in the inns. It is just very confusing and frankly annoying.
    And surely they have heard enough grumbling about going back to them by now?

Give us back our villages!
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

Er, it is. And they need to get this sorted before Kaladim gets merged back to live so we don't have to go through the stupid move back to the main city inns again.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the housing is also there on Kaladim , you have to find the entrance , but you also can enter your home from the inns in Qeynos and Freeport .
    I think there are now more pretend citizens walking the streets when there were to begin with , so it looks more lively .
    I think the villages were not released back on Live because they still have problems to get the game work properly , without to
    much lag .
    Having 2 instances with different roles in the same space might cause problems .
    On Kaladim there are 2 instances for each village , one with mobs all over trying to kill you , and one with friendly people walking around and you have 2 choices on the door .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. Shaie Active Member

I want the original quests back too, in the original villages. They REALLY need to take a page from Blizzard & when it comes time to release the next TLE, it needs to be COMPLETELY SEPARATE from the live servers.
  12. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

This would be so much appreciated. I miss the scenic walk to my abode in the Castleview Hamlet.

Housing in Qeynos Province District or Freeport has become too much like living in the Projects or inner-city tenements.
  13. Aethos Well-Known Member

As a returning player I would really really really like this. I miss these damn things. Because of how densely packed they were, they felt REALLY alive. Big boon for immersion.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  14. Leetha New Member

There is a quest that leads you back to Willow Wood while it is under attack of Gnolls. I have that quest on one of my characters active and I will not finish it :p
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

No response Dreamweaver?
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The Half Elf racial quest.

After I completed the City of Qeynos timeline, I now have permanent access to Starcrest Commune. Kerrans and Erudites are fighting an undead invasion inside, but it used to be one of the two Human suburbs, and the one that I personally started in.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Kotter Legendary Member

i'll be damned.
    i found it.
    thnx!
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Bloody heck, THAT'S what they should've done for us here on Live! Given us the option! >:-/

I'm kind of with Maldaris on this one, in that while I'm nostalgic for Uwk's original crash pad, I don't necessarily miss everything about it (if I have to give up the suburbs to also not put up with the STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPID [sorry, Lera] Subcombines, that's a price I'm willing to pay), but what I do resent is all those lovely memories of interacting with my playing group and NPC "neighbors" in a lovely way being changed, will-we/nill-we, to "Oh, remember all those wonderful neighbors of yours that you remember so fondly? :D KILL THEM. :cool:"

You'd think once we did that, we'd get the second choice, back to being a home again, after we'd "solved" the problem that had infested the place(s), that it would be forever tidied up for us. :-/

I guess having an entire neighborhood be like a Guild Hall or individual instance would be asking too much... :-/

Uwk
    who, it must be said, actually way prefers Gorowyn to the Freeport slums (especially vs. "Big Bend" for my tall Hordelings)... ;->
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Almee Well-Known Member

I have no problem with the cities as they are now and would hate to have to redecorate dozens of inn rooms again. I actually wasn't thrilled to live in a slum so I'm fine with the cities. Maybe they could give players a choice though I'm not sure how that would work or even if it is possible.
  20. Melkior Well-Known Member

Umm...they aren't talking about changing housing in any way. They are talking about accessing the little neighborhoods that are adjacent to the cities again. Those Inns still exist today just have a different entry point. If you don't like them, don't use them. It is obviously possible. They exist on the Kaladim server.