Buy old expansion packs

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by AshianaDragon, Apr 14, 2021.

1. AshianaDragon Member

Yes, I also posted on the TLE thread ;)

I'm sure this has been mentioned many times before, but is it possible for us to buy the old expansion packs complete with all the goodies? I know that Dreamweaver mentioned, on discord awhile ago, the higher up are considering doing old releases - let's upvote or whatever threads like this to get more of their attention.

Darkpaw and E7 could make a lot of $$$ if they did. And on Kaladim (or really any server) we should be able to because they were offered when the expansions came out, and well....those expansions are being released now one at a time on Kaladim.We are restricted by content progression on the TLE, so we should also be allowed to buy the content premiums that we are at.

I, for one, who never knew that when you buy a premium or higher expansion release, get all of the items on each character, would gladly buy the old premium or collector's expansions to get all of those goodies. I'm sure there are quite a few people who would buy them. Some may even start playing on Kaladim just to get access to those items, thus bumping up the population even more. Yes, I know it's the highest one at it is, but it never hurts to have more players.

Please, please, please.

And for those of you who say that since you didn't buy them at the time you shouldn't ever have access to them now - are you really going to turn off new players by not giving them the chance to pay full cost for content items? Some never heard of EQ2 way back when - I know that's a shock - but are wanting to play if they can buy stuff. I would rather let everyone have access to purchase to keep the game alive, but that's just me.

Again, Darkpaw and E7 - this could be a real money maker for your companies. If you pay full price then you aren't taking away from anyone, but instead putting money right back into development for future expansions.

Maybe they could release old expansions (even if only on Kaladim, but preferably everywhere - and now) at the same time as the PVP server, but perhaps not on the PVP server. We know that there a a few folks moving to that server and it will make the others more barren unless you give them a reason to stay, and encourage new players.

I cannot, not even for the foggiest, fathom why they don't do this. OMG, can you imagine all of the decorators having access to buy the old packs?!? Most times you cannot find someone who has bought the pack that has the recipes you want stuff made from.
    This could be up to $2400 per person all at once. Maybe they could use that money to fix their server downtime issues that seem to be increasing exponentially recently - maybe even buy a few new ones...not powered by hamsters...

Thanks kindly for reading my rant...done now :rolleyes:

Blacklash, Lateana and Aenvar like this.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

You don't necessarily get all the items on all your characters on an account. For example, each account gets only one sales crate or sometimes two with the Premium xpacs. There are usually a number of items that are only available for one character. You would think the Devs were having to pay for the items out of their salaries lol. The things each character usually gets are things like the house, recipes for decorating items, the merc, a familiar, and until recently, a portal. Most of the stuff you get is useless within a couple of weeks as you get better items through adventuring. The house and portals are nice though.
    AshianaDragon likes this.
  3. AshianaDragon Member

Exactly, and don't forget the mounts, overseers, and since I'm a decorator - all of the trade skill recipes. Houses are definitely the big one with me, then the mounts, recipes, then portals too.
    Blacklash likes this.