Fixed Internally /camp Countdown...

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've noticed on Thurgadin (though others have confirmed it happens on other servers) that when I go to either /camp to Character Select or to another alt, the sync between what we can see of the countdown if we have our toon's name displayed and what we see in the Chat Channel is broken. Without the name and "clock" displayed, there are times when the Chat Channel countdown does its usual:

"It will take about 20 more seconds to prepare your camp."
    "It will take about 15 more seconds to prepare your camp."
    "It will take about 10 more seconds to prepare your camp."
    "It will take about 5 more seconds to prepare your camp."

bit, all four in about a millisecond, rather than every 5 seconds. Or, if one's name is displayed, it'll just be stuck at the 20 second mark in Chat, even while the displayed countdown over one's head is going on as it should; at other times, boom, all four just about at once.

What happened? Apparently, it was working fine until yesterday's morning downtime... :-/

Uwk
    Melkior, Smashey, Marae and 8 others like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I saw this on Maj'Dul last night. I wondered at it, but it logged me off, so I didn't worry too much.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Generally I wouldn't either, but it does make me wonder: what else got glitchy? :(

Uwk
    AOE1, Breanna and Gerak like this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Had this happen on MD as well.

"It will take about 20 more seconds to prepare your camp."
    ...*exit*
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

for me its all the camp message intervals but it still takes 20 seconds to camp
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

Ist like the lag in eq2... Average it works, but sometimes its really crazy.
    Last raid we had a dead player running around. Dead die everyone except himself. Named dead, but not for 2 Players.

Really would call this a problem.
  7. Gerak Well-Known Member

I just went through many of my toons and had this happen on all but 2. On the 2 it didn't happen, it gave the 20 second message and then nothing until it did the actual camp in about 20 seconds. It worked as above on the camps before and after both times. The camping was between toons on same server, between different servers and camp login to switch accounts.
    AOE1 likes this.
  8. Wolvelf Object Reference not set to an Instance...

I saw this without even camping once yesterday. I went to click the Rekindle Bond and got a red message on the screen. Then looked in the chat and it said the same thing - I was expecting to get booted but it looked like just some kind of triggered message bug.

Edit:
    It reminds me of what the Devs were saying about the stick game and Jenga. I thought of "Don't Break the Ice". Move one piece and it changes the game in places you'd never thought of. Tough to test for that.
  9. Marae Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue (Thurgadin). It sometimes spams all the messages, and other times only shows the 20 second one; it has done it both ways on all of my characters on both accounts. I'm not sure what determines which error you get, but either way it's not working as it's supposed to. I like the countdown because it lets me know how much time I have to quickly move something in my bags or the like. The way it is currently isn't helpful for that.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Same here either all at once or just the 20 second no further countdown.
  11. Ratalthor Developer

Does anybody know of any steps we can take to reproduce this consistently?
  12. Smashey Well-Known Member

It happens every time on Halls of Fate no matter which method you use to camp.
  13. Siffe New Member

It happens every time I camp. same server, different server, to login for account seitch, and to desktop.
    The only thing that changes and not with any consistancy is wether the 4 messages show up at once, the 20 second message shows then nothing else shows, or the 20 second message shows and then just before the time is done the other 3 message flush out. I type out the /camp every time. I don't use the menu choices.
    AOE1 and Breanna like this.
  14. pumancat Well-Known Member

It's been consistant since the weekend. Since last Friday for my toons.
  15. Ichoris Well-Known Member

This happens to me every time on Maj'Dul. It started after the last patch. I used the bug form and reported it last week. There hasn't been a time I used /camp that the bug hasn't occurred. Nice to see it being looked into.
  16. Virtuosity Active Member

Been problematic on all my toons on Thurgadin since last patch.
  17. Ratalthor Developer

This should be fixed in the update this week.