Best Healer for 2-Boxing?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Balamar, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Balamar New Member

I am running a berzerker and wondered on the best healer that I should use on my second account. I am doing all quests in all zones, attempting to play the game chronologically, setting my experience to 100% AAs along the way to get the most out of the lower level content. I would love to do dungeons and possibly even raids with my 2-boxing setup. 2 mercs as well may be warranted.

I have read some old posts that say that a mystic is best since I don't have to mess with them too much. Cast wards and auto-attack, but I hear wards aren't all that great in the later levels. Other posts I have read state that possibly a warden would be better with the HoT heals. Any thoughts? I want something I can just Alt-Tab to place a heal or buff and then back to my tank.

Thank you!
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

Depends on how active you want to be on the box. I split screen alt tab, and casting wards is easier than having to spam HoTs. I've boxed with all the healers, and found that up til level 95ish, the Mystic/Defiler works without issue. After that, the wards have diminishing returns and I usually run healer mercs as well in the heroic zones. Inquisitor is great for active boxing, as you also get extra dps. Same with Fury. Warden has less DPS, but I like their heals more. Templar is the weakest, and I found I rarely did anything other than put on the various hit-heals sometimes. Skip the channeler as I found it hard to box as the healer (I use the channeler as the MT and run a bard with her, though it's a lot of alt-tabbing. Though below someone differs in opinion and perhaps can explain how).

After level 100, you only level with questing anyway. Using PoP box gear will easily get you through ToT, KA, and PoP content. Switching to BoL box gear when you hit level 110 will let you finish off PoP, and then you'll be level 120 and you can get the RoS gear to dance through CD and have minimal issues in BoL.

Personally, I would go Zerker/Inqy and get your alt-tab grove on, and if you get into trouble run one healer merc and one dps merc. Level 100 content will kick the mercs out of the Advanced Solo/Duo zones, but by then you should have the healer boxing down pat. The devs started putting limiters on raids in the mid-90s, with number requirements and other blech mechanic shenanigans, and you won't be raiding as a box much after that.

Note: they effed up mercs, so relying on them isn't as much of an option any more. Boxing is the way to go.
  3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

perhaps they said so because they were too lazy to switch between boxes. and playing mystic is really not so bad, just solo.. you can afford to yawn on sidelines watching him run after others while you relax and drink coffee
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

channeller is the hands-down champ of afk healing.