Overseers Season 3 a little underwhelming

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Adept, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Burningice Coldfire Member

I know you used to be able to, at least. I got quests in BoL from chests in solo dungeons.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

I don't know squat about BoL past the first instance, so I have no idea what, or if, anything drops OS quests or agents. I do know I'm on Season 3, lvl 21 and I still have the same two blue quests. I've gotten duplicate agent drops, and one new agent, and that's about it for usefulness.

But I realize that DB wants us to play in BoL so that's what the loot is geared for. I just wish they would throw in some stuff for those of us who don't want to play post-PoM content, which is when the game got really wonky for a lot of us because of the stats, gates, etc.
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I recently got a 30 hour overseer quest. Yes, that is one day plus six hours. I am still waiting to see if the reward is worth tying up five minions.
    Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Glad you broke it down because I thought that was a typo on the 30!

How many agents does it ask for? nvm I see in your post lol

I was glad when I got a 10 hour....
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I'll help you, it doesn't.
    AOE1 and Observing like this.
  6. Cisteros Active Member

and I thought the 15 hour green missions were excessive...
    AOE1 and Breanna like this.
  7. Adept Active Member

5 minions and 30 hours? Wow though if you are like me you will have a horde of traitless minions that could be used without concern
    Can you examine the chest reward (on right of the quest) to see what the potential rewards are? Though my hopes are not high and I assume from Tanto's response that rewards have already been determined and do not impress.
  8. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Maybe they will give 5 temporary items to put on your equipment.
    Observing and Lateana like this.
  9. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

The Quest is called: Tarinax's Head. I got a bunch of Void Etched links. Its now on cooldown until this afternoon. I will take a closer look at the list of possible rewards then.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Thatdarncat Active Member

I now have two 30 hour quests, this one and one called The Blood Ember Breastplate. Both came as drops from other Overseer quests. They're green (Celestial) quality. I also have three Yellow quests and a whole bunch of Blue ones. What I'm not getting are any agents with the new traits but it's all just rng. They will come. The absolute key to Overseer has always been persistence. If you just keep doing all the allowed quests every day without fail you will eventually end up with everything, or at least that has been my experience.

I've completed the first thirty hour quest I got twice. The second I only got this morning and it's running now. When the first quest completed I didn't get a bonus chest (I had a 70% chance) and the reward was just some consumable. The second time, though, I did get the bonus and got a 235 resolve cloth shoulder item, Mage only. That would have been a very good upgrade for my necro but bizarrely it is flagged No Trade and I got it on my Berserker. I have never seen any item not be Heirloom in Overseer before and I am betting on it being a bug/error. I'll bug report it after this post.

Assuming it is supposed to be Heirloom, then I consider 235 resolve gear to be a pretty good reason to keep doing these quests. If it's stays No Trade it's basically a taunt :p
    AOE1 and Lateana like this.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

By looks of it, the Celestial Quests give 225 Resolve (Heroic tier) level gear as normal reward chest. Bonus chest is 235 (high heroic). Not to be sniffed at considering you can do them solo without ever leaving your guild hall.

Reduction items also do exist in the boxes, but only in the Bonus ones. So make sure you are maximising those bonus chances.

I also assume there will be some items that show up on the merchant when we hit 30, like new recipe books etc.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the latest cunning ploy to reduce lag? Stop people logging in so often and stressing out the poor servers ...
  13. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I have found the whole overseer system quite underwhelming, from day 1 it has been in a constant state of needing adjustments.
    AOE1 and Tkia like this.
  14. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I got two 205 resolve items from the Overseers Season 3 today :)
  15. Virtuosity Active Member

I was really hoping for current tier red adornments like in season 2, but sadly they don't seem to be in the boxes :(
    Aeriel likes this.
  16. Aeriel Active Member

Yeah that would be great

I've got 2 accounts. I've done the same strategy with both since season 3 launched. One account has now got 1 yellow and a bunch of blue quests, no new overseers with traits. The other account has 2 green, 4 purple, 8 yellow, a bunch of blues and a handful of new overseers with traits. :D (I know why this has happened, get lucky with the rng and get better quests leads to greater chance of more decent quests. It's just quite amusing though)
  17. EmJay Well-Known Member

Take a look at what's inside those reward crates and the bonus crates, you will find that most of what we're getting from the missions are not on those boxes. I'm hoping that once I'm leveled up the recipes will drop, but who knows...
  18. Observing Active Member

I laughed when I saw this then sobered up and realized that is exactly what I got from my first 30 hour mission bonus chest.
    Lateana likes this.
  19. AOE1 Well-Known Member

lol
  20. Burningice Coldfire Member

Same, but they sold well on the broker.