Oh DB, you think you are so clever...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gharyn, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Gharyn Well-Known Member

...but you missed the mark yet again.

Everyone complains about placeholders, so you make them an integral part of the new bounty system. Now people have even more reason to camp the name spots.

So you increase the respawn time to discourage camping. As you should know, from YEARS of this mechanic, that this doesn't work. I know, from YEARS as a PLAYER, that this doesn't work. It just creates tension among players and bad feelings toward DB.

My 2 cents, you should have had the bounty items drop in the new instances. That would make so much more sense and give everyone fair representation. Then most people can save their irritability for when they try the new names and fail miserably. :>

Save the contested crap for the people on your pvp server who enjoy that stuff.
    girney, Mizgamer62, Daryx and 3 others like this.
  2. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Just to update, tried one of the new names last night. Failed so miserably I won't be trying again. They are definitely adjusted for raid geared players. Looks like my summer is cleared.
    AOE1 and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Smashey Well-Known Member

The new spawned named from bounties is not solo content. It even says so in your quest journal.
  4. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Duh, I know that. I had a group.
  5. Smashey Well-Known Member

Duh, then you had a group with awful players. The spawned mobs hardly tickle you, have maybe one mechanic, most have none and their health pool is extraordinary small compared to anything else group related.
  6. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Not going to argue with such an obviously superior player. I bow in your general direction.
    SynnikuL and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. Smashey Well-Known Member

Thank you. Now you can go learn the game too. Actually, you dont even have to learn how to play the game, you show up and face smash your keyboard to kill these new spawn named.
  8. randomplayer Member

This is just so wrong on any number of levels.
    AOE1 likes this.
  9. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

DPG isn't concerned about the average player. They only care about their raiding whale brigade.
    Zeddicious, Tkia and Tanto like this.
  10. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Just WOW! Any you are why so many do NOT want to group OR raid. That elitist snobbery kills the very thought of people wanting to do anything but solo.
    Roadkillusa, SynnikuL and Tkia like this.
  11. Smashey Well-Known Member

How is it elitist to say they don't do anything and you just show up and press buttons? Please do enlighten me.

EQ2 have no elitist left its all people who wants tank and spank encounters.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear it. That should free up the forums from a lot of the sarcasm and witless repartee by people who don't play the game any more and will be clogging up the forums where they do play. Oh wait...
  13. girney Active Member

if the spawned mob is intended for raid gear groups, then make the items needed to appear only in heroic content and not in the solo areas.
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

First, let me say I have no idea what anyone is talking about in this thread. Second, this thread reminds me of the good old days before posters were made to be civil to one another. I think I need to go pop some popcorn.
    Lateana likes this.
  15. Roadkillusa Active Member

I'll have extra butter on mine please :)
    Almee likes this.
  16. ol'stoney New Member

RAIDS ARE RUN BY JERKS PROBABLY 12 YEAR OLDS....STOPPED RAIDING A DECADE AGO BECAUSE OF THIS. DOWNLOADING ELDER SCROLLS ATM. IT'S GOING TO TAKE A WEEK WITH MY SLOW INTERNET....YOU CAN ACTIVATE THE PVP SERVER OR LOSE ANOTHER PAYING CUSTOMER
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Guess you never raided. So far, most of the people I've raided with over the years and years of EQ2 were adults, and these days, lots of us are receiving Social Security.

They have a PVP server in the works, so hold your water. You could be testing in the PVP Beta right now.

Oh, and there's this thing called a CAPS LOCK key, yours is stuck.
    Yadi Bashir likes this.