Overseers Season 3 a little underwhelming

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Adept, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Adept Active Member

So looking at rewards listed for season 3 10 hour mission I just obtained - I continue feeling meh for the rewards.

Seems progression for gear rewards goes 205, 210, 215 resolve gear with associated level stats and is pretty much totally inferior to gear I have accumulated so far just from ROS solo play. Does not seem to have recipe books or training potions etc showing, in fact only thing of interest so far for me has been the temp augs and the force/pain/power links.

Am I missing seeing potential rewards or is this it? If I keep getting 'rewarded' by gear I will never use could you please stop being so generous to me - the need to continuously clear this garbage out of my bags sets new standards for tedium, at least in BOL transmutation/salvaging the junk had some value.
    Mizery, Mizgamer62 and Observing like this.
  2. Gelenor Well-Known Member

The progression is, as with t1-t2 is time limited. You need to get the treasured missions (unless you are lucky) before the T3 legendary and fabled and celestial.. So you will spend many days with treasured quest rewards before you discover the legendary.fabled and celestial that give better rewards., So be ready so many temp adorns instead of potions and the occasional rare and lucky claim,until you reach the high level missions. The problem is 10 per day, You can be stuck on treasured missions with the most of the 10 per day.. It is a matter of luck, again. For some it would be a week or 2, for other many weeks.. random at its worst.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

No red runes this season? I checked EQ2U and it looks like none have been discovered, but I'm not sure if Feldon's got everything working 100% up to date yet. That's hilarious if not. Why even bother? lmao.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Maybe Overseer has not only been removed rim an expansion buy and made a subscriber benefit.. but now width the T3 ,it has been subdued to reduce daily player engagement as it is no longer worth it
  5. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Like other things have become 'no longer worth it'
    Mizgamer62 and Observing like this.
  6. Observing Active Member

The set of things that are worth it is approximately empty.
    AOE1 likes this.
  7. Derp McFaceroll New Member

I've been super fortunate and have 2 celestial quests already. The rewards for the celestial overseer quests are the same as the fabled quests (which are all worse than the new solo gear). One of them takes more than a day to complete ...

Maybe the bonus crate from the celestial quest has much, much better rewards? That's probably hoping for too much though

This definitely feels like all stick and no carrot
  8. Smashey Well-Known Member

What sort of rewards are people expecting? It takes a 2 minutes to get 10 quests going and you log off and check the next day. Rince repeat. Overseers sucks and I cant believe they sell it content highlight for game updates instead of giving us content where you interact with the game world.
    Suidakra likes this.
  9. AOE1 Well-Known Member

How are you getting 10 hr missions. I am getting 1 hr and 1-1/2 hr missions and they give crap. And while we are on it, getting a mission as a reward for a mission is more crap. AND my overseers are near lvl 21.
  10. Derp McFaceroll New Member

Expected rewards:
    1. RoS white and red adornment recipes (Including one for Ascension of Destruction this year)
    2. Patterns and recipes (with charges) for crafters to make the new MC and MC fabled items
    3. Recipes and stackable items to make the new temp adorns
    4. Research reducers (spell, mount, etc)
    5. 1-5 hour OS should give solo equivalent gear, 10 hour quests give T1 heroic with bonus chance of T1 heroic boss, 24 hour quests give T1 boss with bonus crate giving range up to T2 heroic boss with very small chance of PQ celestial gear
    Overseer was a supplementary way of getting items so that you didn't have to grind solos, heroics, and PQs ad nauseum praying to the RNG gods that you got the one item you needed to drop (and no one else rolled need on it). The recipes let friends/guild mates craft items for you if your RNG sucked.

All the above make it easier to gear alts in case your class gets benched due to the nerf bat. It also lets new players catch up more easily.
    Observing, Virtuosity and Zynt like this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

There you go, injecting logic...
    Tkia, Observing, Zynt and 1 other person like this.
  12. Smashey Well-Known Member

So you want rewards for not playing the game? Okay. That is part of the reason the game is as it is in 2021. No one actually wants to play the game. They want to login, do stuff for 5 minutes and login the next day.
  13. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Umm. Really? If you say so.
  14. Derp McFaceroll New Member

Wow! You're post was dismissive, reductive, unhelpful to the thread, and a gross generalization of the entire player base. All in a couple sentences. Well done!

I'm not saying it's a good solution. I'm saying it is currently the only solution. Or are you suggesting everyone should just grind solos all day, every day until they finally get their no-trade red adornments but then can't even stomach running the heroic or raid zones any more? Or maybe it's better to be able to ask a guildmate or friend to make one for you? Kinda like, I dunno, a multiplayer game?

Everyone would agree the best solution is one that requires people to log in and actually earn what they want by playing the game. Where you could make incremental but visible progress to a goal. There isn't a single person in EQ2 who thinks "gee I can't wait to log in and send my minions out to do loot for me so I can go back to not logging in!". I'd love to have a merchant with useful gear and not a million useless Marks of Twilight, Archivist Tremissis, Bazaar Crowns, or whatever the new flavor of useless currency is. I'd love to see the recipes drop in solo and heroic chests for adornments instead of the actual no-trade ones. But that's not the design choices that were made. We're stuck with tons of required no-trade items and a 100% RNG gated game.
    Observing and Ursa Minor like this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I haven't done so yet, but it would be a good idea to check the reward boxes for POI and drop quest missions, also weekly/daily missions (all regular adventuring), and see if there are Overseer Season 3 quests in the possible rewards. There have been Overseer Quests and Agent rewards in such boxes in the past, and if they are present are an easy way to get a chance at more quest drops.
  16. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Smashey likes this.
  17. Almee Well-Known Member

I am a third of the way through lvl 21, with OS quests, and I have 2, one-hour, blue quests. Yippee!. I don't play in BoL, so if I have to get quests from loot drops there then I guess I'm totally borked. I hope that isn't the case because I only play in the older areas where it is still fun.
  18. Adept Active Member

Hmm don't think you get overseers quests from loot drops, though you can get agents. Quests are a rather common overseer reward, you can also get season 3 overseers rewards from mishaps (until I gained more season 3 quests i did my best to get a mishap :) ) and Bristlebane overseers quests
  19. Adept Active Member

I agree that Overseers missed the mark a bit. It could have been incorporated as part of the game to enhance both the existing game and also add something new and exciting such as rescuing limited use agents from dungeons/prisons, being awarded quests as part of a chain of game quests etc. Reduce the number of missions but up the rewards to be something useful.

As someone who does not raid or do heroics overseers quickly became the main (only) vehicle for character progress in BOL but they were tedious. (Geez how I wish there was gear depot so I could quickly clear overseers junk out of my bags). With Season 3 and ROS my fear is that overseers will retain the tedium but lack rewards even a soloer like me would look forward to.
  20. Burningice Coldfire Member

You're just having bad luck. I've gotten a handful of 2.5 and 3.5 hour (yellow) quests without leaving Qeynos.
    Stykk likes this.