Fixed Internally The Grimling Hero

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Wolvelf, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Wolvelf Object Reference not set to an Instance...

The Renowned killed The Grimling Hero (Flawless) last night and about 18 of our raiders did not get credit for the kill. The adds were unmovable and spread far apart. Please credit our raiders and fix the bug, they all filed petitions to correct the problem. Lag was a huge issue in killing this in overland so 3/4 of the raid had to kill the adds just to do 10% of normal DPS, no other choice.
    Carynn, Zari, Daeowyn and 3 others like this.
  2. Jaeded Well-Known Member

So apparently working as intended? You create a raid encounter (in an overland zone...lag fest) that requires unmovable adds to be killed or the named is healed. You place these adds in several different locations, each one far enough away from the named so that anyone off killing the adds when the named goes down is out of range and does not get credit for the kill? We petition C/S to receive the credit for the kill and are told tough tiddies? In what universe does this make sense? So this encounter is designed for the uber guilds who can power through any script? But those that need to follow the script and fight the encounter as it is apparently designed only 25% of the raid force gets credit? Very flawed design. It's just a shame that DarkPaw can't own up to it and make it right and make an adjustment to the encounter so it doesn't happen to others.
    /steps down off soapbox
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Gninja Developer

It is most definitely not working as intended. I have been looking into it as it is very similar to the issue we saw with Soren the Vindicator back in the Velious era. Give us a few days as most folks were already on the weekend before we found out about this issue.
    Wolvelf, Ambrotias and Breanna like this.
  4. Virtuosity Active Member

This is not a new problem as on 23rd Feb this was the response I got to a similar petition for about half of our raid force.

Greetings Virtuosity!

I understand you weren't able to get your achievement for The Grimling Hero. Unfortunately, you were out of range to get the kill credit for that mob. I wish I had better news for you, but you'll need to try it again. Please feel free to send up any game suggestions via the /feedback report. Take care!

If there's anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
  5. Gninja Developer

If you have no had this resolved yet. Please send me a private message on here or in discord.
    Wolvelf likes this.