Allow option to set public a house access to friend

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Anadre, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Anadre New Member

I have some ideas about creating public fun houses and escape rooms but it would require the public moving items in a house. They would have to download saved house layouts to get it to work. To do that currently, I would have to manually enter everyone manually as a friend. Could we get an options to set public level to friend so they can move but not pickup items?

I really would like the idea of adding the ability to flag specific items as publicly movable but that seems like it could take a lot more effort and time and system resources. I would love it to be item specific rather than item type specific.

As side note, is there anyway we can view the UID of a house item. I do not mean the Item unique that is the same for every copy of that specific item. I mean the ID that is used for that single instance of that copy of the item. Example: I have two copies of Vampiric Mirror in two different spots; how does the game know which is which and can we see that. If not could we get the ability to see it?
    Lateana likes this.
  2. Anadre New Member

Forum moves so fast!
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

This sounds like an ideal thing for them to do with dungeon maker to be honest.

It would most likely be easer to add movable objects to that system than the regular housing system.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Anadre New Member

Currently dungeon items are harder to get and to setup a completely custom environment like you can with certain houses with huge open areas. This would make creating a funhouse or escape room more limited.

I already created a mod that can work for loading house or dungeon layouts that "move" objects based on interacting with a certain item. I.e. my "fridge" opens if I open my food depot, or a vault door opens if I open a specific titled book. I also tied the decorator mode to it to enable target name based triggers as that actually targets a house item. Problem is since it uses layouts, the only way it works is of the person in my house has my layouts (which can be added to the mod) and has rights in the house to move items. One nice thing about the mod and general access set to visitor is I can completely block access to certain areas of my house to visitors and use fun interactive item for myself to access the areas.

Since the only option for general access is visitor access, they cannot use the mod in anything they only have visitor access to. This makes making a fun house/escape room only possible if I give the specific character friend access manually. I could not create one and open it to the public. I figured adding the ability to have general access set to friends level, anyone can enter my fun house and use the mod to interact.

From what I see, if they can make the item for dungeon maker, they can make it for house. If there is a background script engine that would be required to move an item that the dungeon maker has that the house does not would be the only reason I could see that would make dungeon maker easier for designing movable objects. The fact they have house items that move/change already, like the loot chest that the lid opens suggests that is not the case.

I would love them to add interactive items like doors, buttons, switches, or bookshelves the swing open for secret doors but that would take a long time and there are so many idea and options that I doubt they will be feasible or done any time soon. In the mean time I think allowing general access to be set to friends as well as visitor access, would be a faster, easier solution than creating individual items that move and interact, while allowing almost limitless design like the loading of layout does.

I realize with friends access they could manually move anything and defeat the purpose of a funhouse/escape room, but if they want the fun, they likely would not do it since they entered it in the first place. Even if they did but a load layout would reset it not problem and they cannot pick anything up.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

My thoughts, dungeon maker is pretty much a defunct gameplay element at this time. It was made completely free some time ago, nothing drops anywhere for it anymore & there are only a couple things that I'm aware of that you can purchase during specific holidays for it now. People pretty much just use it for extra free storage for house items.

However, it has some features regular housing doesn't, namely access to some of the tools for building actual dungeons build into it, like the pathing of mobs etc. Since many actual dungeons already have items in them that you can move & interact with it seems like it would be more trivial for devs to just completely open up dungeon maker giving people full access to mobs & zone elements, including the interactive/moveable items.

It could potentially give people a much more expansive variety of items they could use to build such escape rooms as you suggest, but without any access requirements. It could be publicly published and still work.

This also has the benefit of breathing some new life into a once fun (at least to some people) aspect of the game.
    Geroblue likes this.
  6. Anadre New Member

Personally I would welcome either method. I just would like to allow someone to open hidden doors (I know there are some walkthrough bookshelves one one way passible tiles) or activate an item that moves and impassible title to allow creative setups that are more that "run into it and see what happens"