EQ2 sunset?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Euredia, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Raff Well-Known Member

Apparently not done, finished and gone...enough. LOL.
    Siren and Soara2 like this.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I look around here when I'm bored enough :p
    Siren and Soara2 like this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

I really love sunsets ....

After sunset i enjoy playing EQ2 during the night :)
    Lateana, Siren, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  4. NYC2200 New Member

We all know the population is very low. I'm wondering if it has something to do with this expansion though. I just came back from about a year break or so, my guild that was somewhat active is a total ghost town. This talk of plenty of players is just nonsense, but i hope EQ2 sticks around for a bit.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I just read that Overseers are getting improvements, there is a new installment coming so I hardly think they are ending the game when they've just developed whole new content (forget the expansion's name) and that they've been adding hardware to improve lag = which they say has improved in some areas but it is an ongoing process.
    SO ...
    I hardly think that EQ2 is sunsetting although I do love sunsets & sunrises too .. so does my cat who has medium ash blonde fur/hair like I do and is also artistic like me - I paint/she shreds - but that's for a different forum and a different topic.

As per population - who cares? I don't socialize in EQ2 much although I do use the Hello Function when I pass somebody on the street but have never yet gotten a Hello back nor any response. I know they might be AFK at the momo. And I totally agree with Benito that there is a silent minority of players who just play the game for many reasons ~ not necessarily to raid nor to check Overseer as somebody said. I think I might have overseers . not sure . but I don't focus on or play them. Don't really understand Overseers to tell you the truth and to hang the game on that one aspect I don't see. As per Raiding, guess that's all some people like to do = more power to them but don't judge the whole game by YOUR raidability.

I like to Craft which means I like also to Harvest. Actually one of my 19 Skyfire Characters is our major Harvester = Fury Ogre and Provisioner (so it's very convenient food wise too) Gorralok Grymm has harvested so much that she excels at it, gets way more Rare finds than anyone else and it is to her that I funnel everyone's little baubles of Enhanced Harvesting.

I also LOVE to decorate and have so many homes, islands, hotel rooms, mansions, flats, split-levels, condos, etc. that I can barely keep track. I started counting them all once but quit because I kept adding more and it's way more fun to decorate than to count. And of course a lot of my decorations I crafted for myself with various characters .. have 5 Carpenters and amazingly they each get naturally gifted some different recipes to craft that none of the others have. Look into multi-Carpenters if you like making furniture and items.

Of course I like to Quest and really enjoy the hard fighting ones as well as the simpler ones like The Panda - an excellent quest because once done by one char all of them get to reap the really great rewards that his companion Holder Of Things Panda has. I firmly believe that there is enough fun for all in EQ2 and love it especially because it is so varied and rich in options of things to do.
    Lateana, Siren, Jaden and 2 others like this.
  6. Malahk Active Member

I barely even log in anymore. Raid one day a week, check overseers, that's it. Compared to last year at this time when I was LOVING the game. This is heartbreaking. My main, Beastlord, is still useless. Auto attack: USELESS. Reforging: USELESS.

They have ruined the game.
    Soara2 and Mercychalice like this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

You and Tom never fail to make me smile. And you might remind him that ankle bracelet we sent him has a special function regarding house confinement.
    WhysperWynde, Lateana, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I will let him know.
    WhysperWynde, Lateana, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

As long as we can still dance in the moonlight out in Antonica or the Common lands it will be A-OK.
    WhysperWynde, Lateana, Siren and 2 others like this.
  10. Karioki Active Member

From a google search:

EverQuest 2 has 21,000 subscribers and 29,000 monthly active players.

Pretty small base.
    WhysperWynde and Soara2 like this.
  11. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Hope it lasts as long as I do.
    WhysperWynde, Lateana, Siren and 2 others like this.
  12. Rozyn Well-Known Member

I love these posts by people who have no idea what's going on and haven't touched the game in years. Why are you even here? lmao Play the game, not the forums.
  13. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Hope you dont mean me. lol
    I have a LOT of characters 120/120 and have done the signature RoS on 2 accounts and the tradeskill one idk how many times. I might not be a raider but I certainly never took any break. Also, how can we play the game right now, it is down. That part is just silly in this moment.
    AOE1, WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  14. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Well this aged well.... pretty sure everyone's playing the forums right now, and not the game.
    WhysperWynde and Soara2 like this.
  15. Smashey Well-Known Member

Here is where they keep saying the game is healthy. At 6:38

Its insanely small and its spread over 9 servers. Lets pretend your number is correct and not the 21,000 reported after the Enad Global 7 buy out. Dont wanna go too much into sematics.

All 29,000 play 24 hours a day and we have 9 servers. That equals 3222 players PER server. How anyone can say that is a healthy population is beyond me.

I dont know a single endgame player that plays more than 10 minutes at a time for overseers and only login to raid currently. I also know a ton of guilds are having issues even recruiting T1 dps at this point.

Something drastic needs to happen to gameplay & server stability or this game will keep continue bleeding players.
    AOE1 and Soara2 like this.
  16. Supallitsme New Member

Game is fine. There is always someone crying the game is dying ..how about just play the game.
    WhysperWynde and Siren like this.
  17. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That's what they said about the Titanic: "it's unsinkable. Come on board and have a great time. Hell, we're so confident, we don't even have enough lifeboats for everyone."
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

Not for 17 years straight they didn't. :p
    Soara2, WhysperWynde, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

They had more than the law required. I found that out a few years ago. I never saw a mention of it before.
    Soara2, WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  20. Bhayar Well-Known Member

They actually removed quite a few before the voyage for reasons that didn't hold up in court, which is why White Star (the parent company) went bankrupt following the sinking and subsequent law suits.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.