Othmir Fez Hat on EQ1 if you log in as a member between March 16 and April 20.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Benito, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Just sharing for folks who have All Access (or Krono) on EQ2 and want limited edition freebies on EQ1 (TLP and Live). Also, for folks who are collectors or may get FOMO (fear of missing out).

In celebration of EQ1's 22nd anniversary, any All Access member who logs into EQ1 between March 16 and April 20 will receive the following:

• 1x Othmir Fez Hat Ornament
    • 1x Hero Forge's Unlock (required to wear cosmetic armor ornaments, usually 1200 DBC per character)*
    • 1x Goblet of Adventure III (xp potion)
    *Hero's Forge Unlock will be assigned to the character who opens the /claim package. So pick (server and character) wisely!

Othmir Fez Hat Ornament
    [IMG]
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...niversary-celebration-begins-tomorrow.273930/

Also, if you buy the Premium Edition ToV expansion on EQ1, you will receive the Othmir Gentleman illusion. (Not related to the above promo).
    [IMG]
    Blacklash and Jaden like this.
  2. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

The promotion is live and EQ1 servers are up. It takes about 45 minutes to 3 hours to download EQ1. You can get the patcher installer on the EverQuest website.
    Jaden likes this.
  3. Dolgrin Active Member

Enough is enough!!!

Did you ever recognized this is an EQ2 Forum?

Guess if DBG wants to cross-post informations, it's dreamweavers job.
    Please don't waste my time anymore with irrelevant forum post.
    Thanks in advance.
    Smashey, Agarth, Pixistik and 2 others like this.
  4. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

If you don't like it, ignore it.

This celebrates EQ2's sister game anniversary.

People pay for membership. Many players either want or don't mind cashing in their membership benefits for a free, limited edition claim on EQ1.

The Othmir Fez Hat is the epitome of nostalgia. Many EQ2 players are former EQ1 players. If I didn't share it here, some EQ2 players would have missed out on this limited time hat.

People also save about $15 (1200 DBC) when they claim the Hero's Forge unlock.

By the way, I've shared EQ2 giveaways on the EQ1 forums and I did notice some EQ1 players go to my EQ2 server, Skyfire. I'd rather help the same studio than send players to competitors (which actually happens on this forum - if you want to censor someone talking about FF14 or AoC please do so).
  5. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I missed out on the 'Bunny Slayer Helm' when EQ2 did the Monty Python crossover. If someone had posted about the helm and Monty Python crossover on the EQ1 forums, you never know how many more people would be engaged on EQ2 today. I think it is good sense and good karma to share.

I will never see the Bunny Slayer Helm but EQ2 players now have a chance at the Othmir Fez on EQ1.
    [IMG]
    Aenvar, Jaden, WhysperWynde and 2 others like this.
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Sick promo art

[IMG]
    Jaden and WhysperWynde like this.
  7. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I appreciated Benito's post. I don't play EQ1 often these days, but c'mon, it's an Othmir hat. I have to get it just on principle.
    WhysperWynde and Finora like this.
  8. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Thanks again for posting this! I mainly play EQ2, but do play EQ sometimes with my son, usually with a supportive class. (He is the expert on pulling, splitting and defeating the mobs.) Time to pick which gal gets that cute hat and Hero's Forge unlock. :) I am thinking the hat would be most lovely on my froglok healer...
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  9. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Thank the team.

Get that Othmir Hat or you risk kicking yourself for years. I've experienced it; I missed the 'Bunny Slayer Helm' on EQ2.

And the package goes to your /claim so you don't have to pick a character or server right away. You can log in, set it aside, and uninstall EQ1. I don't care.

Edit: Be sure to fully log into the world (not just to server select or character select) and check your /claim. You can leave it in your /claim.
  10. DENSER Well-Known Member

it's advertising, clearly, simply, why be offended? are we not used to being treated like simple cash cows for so many years (television, internet, smartphone... )
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  11. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I also want to thank Benito for posting this. Some people seem upset he did but I would have missed this if he didn't. I played EQ1 from the start. I stopped playing daily when EQ2 came out. I still play from time to time.

I have a Level 80+ Ranger with bad gear and it's very hard for me to do anything solo. I like to solo but the lack of progress doesn't make me want to play that often. I go and try every once in awhile but it's just too frustrating.

I'm still happy to get these limited items so Thank You Benito!
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  12. DENSER Well-Known Member

Btw, I take this opportunity to make an announcement. I sell a vintage guitar years, 1978I had a drawing of the area of ​​Antonica drawn there by my 4 year old daughter.
    On request I can transform it into common lands or simply paint it blue, the favorite color of our Qeynosian queen.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  13. DENSER Well-Known Member

#just sharing for folks who have..... Guitar, like blue.
    These advertisements are so banal nowadays, that it is better to laugh about them .... Be careful, he might sell you the last iphone for 1 €
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

Some of us do play both games (or more, though I haven't been on PS2 or DCUO in a really really long time). All access you know.

I would likely have missed this because I don't always check EQ1 site/forums for promos, so I very much appreciate it being posted!
    Thank you Benito!

Like any other post...if it isn't of interest to you, scroll on by.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  15. Jamzez Active Member

I was hoping Jchan was going to announce Everquest classic enhanced, reborn something to push the franchise forward...
  16. Nucleaar Member

This is about as off topic as off topic can get in the Everquest (((((((((((2)))))))))))) General Gameplay Discussion forum.
    SynnikuL likes this.
  17. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

WhysperWynde likes this.
  18. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

It's acceptable because it's Benito. He gets to do and say pretty much whatever he wants here.
    Tkia and WhysperWynde like this.
  19. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Wow... I didn't realize how many Karens we had playing...

Question for the Karens; On an average day, how long DOES it take to find something really stupid to get upset about? I mean, the effort of reading a post title, clicking on it even though you aren't one of the people that play both games, reading the post, and replying to show how offended you are... that must have taken some time and effort!
    Should I go get the manager?
    Do you spontaneously combust if you do not find something really really ridiculous to get upset about? Approximately how long is that period of time before combustion?

Any who...
    I'm gonna go claim that on my neglected EQ1 toon now. Thank you OP for sharing the info. I miss every thing in EQ1 unless someone in game or forums lets me know. (I try to narrow my inbox to one game I play most at the time so the IRL important stuff is easier to find). I almost missed the max lvl character boost that one time... have there been more since then? I don't even know. :\

NEVER let the Karens win. -.-
  20. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Griffon Lady = ROFLMFAO!!!! Hahahah .. best post reply award! Thank you Benito for letting us know. I take it that all the mentioned awards are for EQ1? I think it is high time that I go open an account in EQ1, have some char names I been wanting to try on for size anywayz. I was going to open a free EQ1 account but I really LIKE that Othmir Gentleman Disguise or whatever it is ~ very cute. Guess I'll pay over there and do this Premium Edition ToV expansion on EQ1. Sounds good!

Bitchers must *****, complainers must complain but listeners can be smart and simply skip those posts! Hah!

And Benito thanx for the PC Gamer update = hubby used to never miss a month of that mag.