No Fix Planned This account is in use... + /camp <character select> not working properly

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Test Taffies, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah, I don't think you'll hurt anything; that's just the really super old-school way of doing it that it seems to default to when it's really upset about things. :-/

I've tried that dozens of times, and while I've never hurt anything, it's hardly (if ever) worked. I believe it was in this thread that I found out that what's going on is yep, a stuck character. It's been suggested to give it a few seconds (not a few MINUTES, as the error suggests; just a few seconds ;->) and try that old-school clunker of a login screen. I've done that, reined in my usual impatience, and lo and behold! it finally worked! :D

Yeah, I've done that in the past when the old-school login didn't work; I just got fed up and disgusted and went all the way out and back in again. Problem with that is, I have an entire Horde worth of toons (over 100 on six total servers) and when we're doing that "get a gifty from Santa Glug" bit in the Frostfell Village, seconds literally count. :-/ If I run across the old-school login after that error and it doesn't work, I have to re-arrange my entire spreadsheet schedule for everyone. X-P

Uwk
    'Father' to Dozens ;->
    Soara2, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Sigh!!! Anytime now!
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yeah, right up there with fix voice chat problems.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

I sometimes wish they wouldn't even confirm stuff. It gets your hopes up that it may actually get fixed.
    Contessia, Soara2, Geroblue and 3 others like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think the "Confirmed" label is, I guess, the next step in the process, that they've acknowledged that the problem does indeed exist, and possibly one that can't be solved by a simple "Internal Fix" patch job. But at least they agree with us that it is a problem, and not just actually our computers being inadequate. :)

(why am I hearing a Monty Python dude narrating this...?)

Uwk
  6. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

"Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future." - Yoda .. this is exactly such case ..
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Must be The Cheese Shoppe, or someone looking for a herring to chop down a tree with.

eki
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"A herring? It can't be done."
    "Ahh! Don't mention that word! :eek:"

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  9. Contessia Active Member

The beat goes on,,,, so i still can not do /camp (name).
    at this point i have done everything i can think of,, i went to what files to delete,,, and then launch,, i have completely uninstalled the game,, and then reinstalled, I have now moved all the chars from the server they were on to another server.
    But now i have a new ,,,,, odd thing,, i made my f2p account a member,, same directory. That account will let me do /camp char. aint that a kick!!!! same files,, etc etc,, just diff account,,
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

I really really really really wish they would fix this, it is so ANNOYING!!!!!!
  11. Svenone Well-Known Member

I doubt that, because all of my characters are in a guild hall, a city [freeport/qeynos/new halas], or in a normal open world zone, and still get very long zone times and when switching to another character.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The main problem I've found about logging out in a house or Hall upon return or being /camped to is the whole "getting INto a house or Hall in anything like a reasonable amount of time" bit (though getting back out doesn't seem to take any time at all. Odd). Generally, I've found that if I leave a house or Hall and come back in later within 5 minutes or less, it's nice, smooth, and fast. If I'm gone from it for 10 minutes or more, forget it; "Back of the queue for you!" :-/

As I understand it, folks are also encountering such even when they're in raid groups trying to get into an instance, so no one's being played favorites, apparently. Silver lining... ;->

Uwk
    who's been timing the process; back in the Dial-Up Days, it would take 2.5-3 minutes to zone (thank the gods we're not in an NCSoft game; those were nightmares). Then once we got DSL, it was considerably faster. Then just in 2020, we finally got cable; WHOOSH! ZOOM! POW! it was wonderful, for a few months, and now it's dragging again (with the rest of our connections not dragging at all)... :-/
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

Nothing odd about it at all, it's how it works. Any zone that has been empty for a given period of time gets closed down to save server resoures. When you ask to go in there the server has to start up all the processes to open it up and THEN start loading you in. This applies to all instanced zones - guild halls, houses, instanced dungeons etc.. When you go back out it's usually faster because you're going to an overland zone and chances are somebody else passed through within the right time frame to keep it open.

Due to the low populaton on Test you will frequently have this problem with the overland zones too as nobody has used them for a while and they have to be opened specially for you, which takes time. And as the populations dwindle on the live servers it is also one of the factors involved in increased zoning times over there too.
    Wulfen, Soara2, Ra'Gruzgob and 2 others like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Makes sense, in a somewhat depressing sort of way. :-/

Still better than NCSoft, where every building (NPC's shop, etc.) was a separate zone... X-P

Worse than WoW, where, last I knew, there was very little in the way of zoning, even overland (this may have changed; it's been awhile). :-/

Uwk
    Soara2, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  15. Contessia Active Member

i had hoped the issue with can not camp to a char /camp ( name) would be fixed -- silly me
    and its this account,, my other account can do it,, what gives? as i have said its same computer,, same dir files etc,,
    is it not being fixed because not enough people have this bug to make it worth fixing,,, ??
  16. Test Taffies Active Member

One would think that there is enough people whom have this problem, but they might not find it as troublesome as others do. Glad its confirmed... getting fixed *shrug* we shall see. I play so seldom now due to real life that I haven't even tried to see if it was fixed.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

I can confirm it has not been fixed :) And it has been confirmed for some time now. I was hopeful the first week it got confirmed but .......
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

Is there any update on this?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  19. Wulfen Active Member

Tkia's explanation is the most revealing response I've seen so far. A year or two ago I resigned to simple CAMP to CHARACTER list. Camping directly to next character was glorious as long as it lasted.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  20. Nektar New Member

I am also still having the issue where /camp character will often give me the message "This account is in use"
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.