Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The shield now displays on Test, and looks great. Thanks!

Would you consider turning it heirloom instead of no-trade? It is agonizing to have three new items to choose from in a yearly quest, and it would allow for a bit more alt-flexibility if the shield could be handed around. (I know, it is all about choices, but folks will ask, so I'm playing devil's advocate.)
    Soara2, Contessia, Kaitheel and 4 others like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there is no devil in this Mother <3 she takes care of us all :)
    Ok she is a she , it's possible she used to be the other merchants girlfriend and that's why she want's to be at the opposite side of the bar .
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Possibly a spat over who could hold their liquor better... ;->

EDIT: I found her! :D Just to the right of the door as you come in, and just to the right of the band, sort of but not quite tucked away in the corner. ;->

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

Sticking this here, as Bristlebane is coming up fast and maybe Kathieel will see it.

Request for Bristlebane! Decorators /really/ need some new fish plushies to be available for multiple purchases during a holiday on a vendor. I was thinking clownfish for Bristlebane. And some other types of fish for the other holidays, like maybe firefish for Scorched Sky, goblin shark for next Nights of the Dead.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay, I was away. I ran everything, bought the stuff (I really love those new merchant/old merchant for events), everything ran fine. The new quest is really nice. Can't check on a lowbie, I don't have any of those by now, to see how the way through LF works, but I think it should be fine. Still a bit annoyed by the low coin yield from quests compared to the price of stuff but hey, there's repeatable quests now.

Thanks Kaitheel!
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

I ran it on a 62 and it was fine - once I read the instructions properly and jumped off in the tunnel. Going all the way to the Fae Court without faction incurs the wrath of the guard that paths past the stablemaster :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

hey kaitheel the keg shield is AWESOME and maybe next year we could have one that dispensed drinks and maybe leaked a little or is that too hard to implement? remember seeing backpack with a goblin moving inside it :)
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But wasn't the moving goblin pack something that was on the Marketplace, or a really special /claim? That might take a lot of computing resources to animate...on the other hand, we also do have dragon head shields that breathe fire, or at least steam... ;)

Uwk
    Soara2, Breanna and Bludd like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I know it's too late for any changes on Test, but I was curious...did the new quest and got the Replica: Duke of Below "plushie" that can't be resized; haven't put him in a house yet, but the flavor text reads:

"Place these cards in your house or guildhall and watch the party explode!"

Sounds worse than the "Scare" Crows... ;->

He's carrying a card? He's in a deck of potential plushies? Maybe I should just Place him and see for myself?

Uwk
  10. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Is it possible to make it so Mercenaries, summons, and familiars are hidden in the Bar of Brell? It gets annoying to click on stuff when you have 7 foot Ogres with a wispy mercenary and a slithery familiar in the way.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tkia like this.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

You should be able to hide everything except your merc. Right click your familar a window will come up there will be a hooded guy there click that and that will hide him. You can also do /pet hide, the problem with that though is if you already have some hidden they will pop back up. There is no way to hide the merc as far as I know.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

I very much doubt that it's HIS menagerie he's trying to hide ...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

Good point LOL You are probably right.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

maybe they should shrink them and themselves at least .
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I dunno; there are people who claim they didn't even know their [whatevers] were visible, giggle, and turn them "off"...only to turn them right back on again the minute someone new came up and tried to use the Banker, or Broker, or get to do something in the Erollisi Day PQ, etc., etc., etc. I can't count the number of times some yahoo had actually bought a Phoenix mount, other than the one we could /claim, and spent their entire time in a given city lurking at the NPC spots, flapping its tail feathers in everyone else's face. X-P

Don't give 'em the option, say I; if it's not a "sub-instance" in the Bar of Brell where they might need the backup, make their critters disappear like WoW does with mounts inside a building. >:-/

Uwk
    Soara2, Breanna and Tkia like this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I hate those big birds more than any other mounts , they keep on flapping their wings even on Stormhold where they can't even fly higher than a view feet over the ground , covering everything , I had to run backwards to be able to see the mummy I followed .
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't even like flying on one myself...for various reasons, I need to use third-person camera views (main one, first-person makes me motion sick after a few minutes), which means FLAPPITY-FLAPPITY-FLAPPITY-FLAPPITY of that stupid tail in my own face -- well, in my cameraman's face, and that's the "viewer" I'm seeing the action through. ;->

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Um, are we still on for Brewday lasting until midnight-ish on the 18th? 'Cause I was planning to jump back in around 8-9 am this morning and finish up my toons who still need to get their Green on, but apparently it's not going anywhere? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Kaitheel Developer

I'm assuming that was a hiccup, as I just checked the Test server and several live servers, and the event is still going.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew...so the 5.5 hour delay this morning wasn't them taking it down prematurely? Woot! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.