Lightning in Prestige Housing

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by redindus, Feb 22, 2021.

1. redindus Active Member

I just bought a prestige house and would like it darker, too bright for my taste. Is there a way to make it darker in trade crafting? Or prehap in city that sell inhouse stuffs to adjust the light or even in color?
  2. redindus Active Member

Since no one reply about this, i assumed that there is none. So would like to request this so players or users can change the lightning of their own home. This would make it more enjoyably.

The cave i bought, just too bright for her taste.
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I think you need to change the title of your post from lightning to lighting.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if you want it darker , get the black marble from the city festival , forget what town it was .
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

The seeping shadows you get from NOTD have a darkening effect, but unfortunately the area it affects is pretty small so it may not work for what you need.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

Freeport. Next due in May or basic blocks available in the cash shop.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

blue is cool too and that is in only 3 days , Neriak .
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, a dimmer switch or a location I can put one of the wall blocks of ice so as to give a room a nice ice effect.

I'm not used to wearing sunglasses indoors in some of the prestige houses.

The ones with outdoor areas do dim as the sun goes down in game. Haven't checked the buildings, so I don't know if it gets dark in them or not. Mara Estate would be a place to check.

Relic Tinker, which has an open roof to the sky, seems to me it should be dark at night in game. But I don't remember it doing so.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. redindus Active Member

Opps, need to fix that. Thanks.
    Hmm i tried to find a way, but i couldnt change it.

Cool thank guys, i wasnt sure if there is any. I knew i am not the only one wanted to change the lights out there.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. redindus Active Member

Hmm checked the cash shop, didnt see it. Some city merchants, etc. Still nothing. Maybe until coming Halloween Event?

Looking for something that kinda like Neriak, darker environments. This personal grotto cave isnt bad, but just too bright.

Hopefully i find a way some day, otherwise i may get bored and stop playing.
    Geroblue likes this.
  11. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Black and red marble are very dark. The scorched sky building block set is fairly dark, but has that honeycomb pattern on it. There are several wood varieties you could use as well.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. elflover Well-Known Member

City festival is not the same as the city merchants. They are once a month from 1-7 check your in game calendar for which one is that month.

Some of these items are not around all the time, unless someone has them on the broker.

Remember wiki is your friend. And for decorating http://eq2furniture.com/ can search events/holidays what they offer or if you find an item in game can look there to find where it comes from.
    Geroblue, Finora and Breanna like this.
  13. Mugwort Active Member

Use of the personal torch (Alt-L on default UI) can cause excessive brightness when decorating. If it is enabled, consider turning the personal torch off and see if it makes a difference.

Also, the use of blue and white light sources can create a very bright environment, and can be extremely bright when the personal torch is used. Add reflective objects and the graphics can go crazy with oversaturated bloom effects. Even with the Freeport black building blocks, if the light source is too bright to begin with, it will glare off the tiles and can ruin the atmosphere of a dark theme.
  14. redindus Active Member

Yeah got my personal torch off and there is no items placed in that cave i just bought. Just too bright, like during the day and not sure where the light sources is coming from.

Btw i dont want to use those building blocks, only making it look worst or wont look right. Plants, can work or invisible sources that alter the light sources. Idk maybe fogs? Some items can be places, as long doesnt ruin the cave itself, IE: it doesnt belong there.

Doing quests, might give me some items to make it darker, but gonna need alot of it. Cause this is a huge cave, would take ten minutes to walk back there to the end. Maybe more than that.
    Geroblue likes this.
  15. elflover Well-Known Member

If you got the cave, Im guessing its the sirens grotto house zone. Some homes are copies of zones. It is a bright blue color. The darker home to chose would have been the storm isle tower or the opera house. But the grotto is beautiful!