Who is the Headless Horseman (Nektulos Forest) and how did he succumb to such a fate?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Kaennara, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Rushd Active Member

If there was lore attaching a lost lover for Pumpkin headed Horseman, then it goes to support the Headless Horseman is the same. Why else would we have to activate him with a lost locket? In any event, I am curious to the actual lore if there is any. But I'm guessing that RoK was just too big an expansion to put storylines in everything and they added a fun contested mob based on RL Lore and followed it up as an idea for the NOTD event. Prob nothing more than that.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

There aren't any quests relating directly to the PHH in Loping Plains, which at least would give SOMETHING to work with from a story perspective. He's just there for the sake of the public domain mythos being in Norrath.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I thought my tongue-in-cheek one was funny, but apparently Dream took exception to it, haha.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is the "new" guy a variation or replacement for the dude in Antonica in the farmlands? I vaguely remember that one, and the scariest thing about him was how buggy that dang questline was (more bugs than the Amazon rainforest, I'm tellin' ya). X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Where was yours? On this forum, on Homeshow...?

Or are you also Dude... ;)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

This forum...and no, there's no connection between me and Dude. Mine had a reference to someone in a certain Mexican city that was in the news a few weeks back. I'll leave it at that, haha
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No prob. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.