Login Servers down 8:25am EST

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Siren, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

Is there emergency maintenance, did the hamsters run outside to play in the sunshine, or have the DDOS dweebs found a cheap new one-button program to click on?

It would be when I have a couple days off. :p

Wouldn't it be great if Darkpaw was sneaking in a new PvP beta server already? :cool: Yeah...not yet. Would be super cool though.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Breanna, Anniejo, Laaw and 2 others like this.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

I too cannot connect even using the everquest application instead of the launcher.
    Anniejo, Spectre, Siren and 2 others like this.
  4. Darwiin Active Member

Is it still inaccessible to everyone else? I have tried all of there suggestion and even tried access eq2 via back door method (snicker)

Silly that they made sure to tell people in the maintance message that the game wasn't down, when of course it not down but nobody can actually login to it.....same thing as being down to the real world people.
    Siren likes this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, hardly anyone can get on. Once in a great while someone manages to get to the character screen and get onto a server (servers are up, login servers are mostly not). If you get on, don't log back to the character screen to switch characters! Stay on with whomever you managed to log in with til you're done playing for today. :) You will never get back onto a server again.
    Breanna and Bobthebuilder89 like this.
  6. Orionza Active Member

Yes I just got here and read the maintenance message and figured all was done by now., but if not it said that we would still be able to play. But no. 12 hours after maintenance started, I can't login at all. So it's not just you, Darwiin. Hang in there, I guess?
    Zyxia and Siren like this.
  7. Bobthebuilder89 Member

It seems they need to drop the update they are working on, fix the login issues that are wrecking the players experience then they can focus on making more money with the marketplace update.... It's rather shameful they can't even provide a reliable login now days.

Heck, it took me an hour just to get on the forums LoL.
    Matik likes this.
  8. Ladylou Member

Wish we had a ETA from the OPs team on solving the log in problem. Front door and back door is inaccessible and has been all day. Sad, very sad.
  9. Mournblade New Member

I was informed it was an I D 10 T eror
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Mournblade New Member

LOl new member? really? uh .. so since i been in eq2 since 2004 .. uh ?
  11. Kibah New Member

Unfortunately staying on 1 char didn't work either - managed multiple zones & 1 solo dungeon only to end up losing connection when trying to zone in. I had stayed on for 5 hours or so before it happened tho.
  12. Mysaphar New Member

Just got in..
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, I can at least post here again. Couldn't a few hours ago. I could only like a post.
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  14. The-Plethora Active Member

So am I correct in thinking we cant play the game because their update to the pay to win cash shop isn't working correctly?
  15. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I just got in the game and finally able to post after repeatedly being told my login was wrong or my password was wrong or some other bs. I am so angry I will stop with that.
    Siren likes this.
  16. Kuulei Well-Known Member

17. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Just tried logging in and was getting the raptor across the screen, which means something got severely fubared. Now I'm in full DL mode and it'll be awhile before the game downloads.
  18. Chatele New Member

Same thing here.... can't log in... i get the same message Kuulei gets. :(
  19. Kibah New Member

UPDATE: Within minutes of my last post, logged right in (HOF). Completed the dungeon & have zoned multiple times. But it literally took hours of trying after getting knocked off earlier.

Also, it is now showing the wallet balance so they're making progress...................

<fingers crossed> hopefully tomorrow things will be fine without a 2 hour emergency patch. :/
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

I just got in right now, 5:59pm EST, using the Everquest2.exe icon in the EQ2 folder instead of the launcher. I'd tried it several other times today (okay, 20 times haha) without success, so maybe the login servers are fixed? Logged in with my BL I was grinding Shard of Love with, and I'm not logging back out to the character screen no matter what. The few people that got on today were all unable to change characters or get past the login servers the 2nd time, so pfffft.

Maybe login servers are okay now though? Not sure. I made dinner, did laundry and cleaned for a few hours after giving up earlier today, so I may be behind the times. Good luck, everyone!
    Breanna likes this.