Kander's Candor Season 2 Episode 1: New Year

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Probably due to our RNG, haha.
    Ursa Minor and Siren like this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Is anyone who can get the whole thing to play going to do a written transcript at some point then?
    Breanna likes this.
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It's happened in the past.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Listening to the website version, I can only get as far as 8:47 then it ends. It's right after Kander says they've "changed hands," so at first I thought he had slipped and said something about EG7 that should've stayed internal and it got blotted out. :p
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Aelissa Well-Known Member

@dreamweaver -how adorable, you sound like your frog avatar looks!

Thanks for fixing nodes and doing your best to give us fun stuff to do, as well as keeping EQ2 invested in. I have enjoyed this game since i was 12 in eq1 and still loving it almost 20 years later.

(*cringes* now I realize I should really not be encouraging my entertainment- I should be writing more, not playing more! :rolleyes:)

Siren and Breanna like this.
  6. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

That's even stranger, the website version is a clean copy that I know works. I am absolutely lost at this point.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Juraiya Well-Known Member

What I suspect is happening is that the way it's linked, the file needs to completely load with the page. Depending upon the person's timeout for the page (which may vary from location to location, and/or browser to browser, and perhaps there are other variables as well), it stops loading at some timeout point. This timeout point determines how far into the file the person can listen to the broadcast.

There may not be anything you can do to fix it, at least the way you're doing it. Maybe if you set it up as a download link so the person could completely download it to their computer and therefore use their own media player, or set something up that allows it to stream from another site, that might fix it.

I didn't have to do any kind of login to listen to it using the Apple site. I don't have an iTunes or Apple account (at least not one I auto log into), so it doesn't seem to require an account in order to listen to this broadcast.
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Listening on the website isn't tied to any service though, its the original file uploaded from my computer. Unless we are talking about different websites (I'm talking about the article I posted)
    Breanna likes this.
  9. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

@dreamweaver - Maybe a link to download it for folks ?
    Siren likes this.
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I suppose I could upload it to another hosting site. Let me see if I can find one where the size doesn't require you to have an account.
  11. Holyduke Member

I can only get as far as 6:30ish and then it stops.
  12. Nazz Playing off and on since '04

I got to 10:59 before it came to a hard stop. Of course you were talking about fixing Rangers so I'm sure that had something to do with it =)
    Juraiya likes this.
  13. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

14. parissa Well-Known Member

Did a happy dance when I saw a new episode out... thanks so much for doing these... I love listening to you two... Kanders candid sense of humor is witty... and dream you are a kick in the pants... Love the information and the teasing of what's to come, keeps our gears turning... I still think you should let Chrol loose on another adventure... I loved the corral... That zone was awesome... I still run it for fun... Can't wait for the next episode.. :)
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Sinafe Darkchyle Inquisitor/Carpenter

I just listened, had to go to the iTunes version as the site version stopped after about 30s. Thanks for doing this it was fun to listen to.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

You can already download it from the link on the website at least. Just right click and use 'save audio as' from the menu.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

That is accurate

Yeah as much as I'd like them to be on our regular site it seems like the timeout issue that Juraiya pointed out is the culprit. Besides making them download links instead I am not sure there is a great solution but I am working on it.
  18. Bhayar Well-Known Member

What was it Kander said last year was a byword: "It's EQ2."