SPRING ROAD TRIP (by Airship) 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

maybe this pictures will stick of the church of Agios Nikolaos

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x135c4a01913d0ee7:0xf22f83f729500a09!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipPy_ziS7yt9G6gJbFEao78r4v51GJqSvj_pLrc4=w260-h175-n-k-no!5schurches in lefkada town greece - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipOfJQWCoHN6bnXoaeiufsQnBnThPEp0nUKDMGlp&hl=en

[IMG][IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This is the most significant festival in the Nidri area. The church of Agia Kiriaki, the patron saint of Vlicho, is located opposite Nidri. During the festival period, which lasts three days, a market is set up along the seafront in Nidri.
    Small boats run a regular ferry service from Nidri harbour across to the church on this day. The evening festivities take place in the village of Vlicho. Tables, chairs and makeshift bandstands are set up all along the seafront. Hundreds of people come from all over the island to join in the evening festivities, which usually begin around 11pm and go through the night till the early hours of the morning. It’s great fun to watch or even join in but be warned, the clarinet music is played at extremely high decibel level!
    [IMG]

the town of Nidri :
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nydri

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Dimosary Waterfalls :

16 minutes

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Soara2, Whilhelmina, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  2. nooz Where is my cat nip err I mean nap!

those waterfalls look dangerous but from the bottom it looks drinkable. Cheers! Those churches need to air out opens a window :) ~~
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Lefkada / Vasiliki

3:33 minutes nice video
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasiliki,_Lefkada

Vasiliki is a beautiful, picturesque, classical fishing village located on the beautiful Lefkada Island. It lies around the beautiful bay, a long pebbled beach famous for its perfect windsurfing and sailing conditions. There are numerous bars, traditional Greek tavernas and restaurants and a disco. Surrounded by evergreen slopes, the area offers the visitor a wonderful opportunity to explore the mountains as well as the chance to enjoy a number of activities. There is a very pleasant traditional harbour front with lovely pavement cafes, restaurants, shops, and ice cream parlours. Ferry boats operate daily to and from the famous beach Porto Katsiki, Agiofili beach, Egremni beach and the islands of Kefalonia (Cephalonia) and Ithaka. The village of Vassiliki itself is located on the eastern side of Vassiliki Bay and on the western side of the bay it is called Ponti. There is a coastal road between Vassiliki and Ponti, and the walk is very pleasant. There are pebble and sandy beaches (Ponti) with crystal clear warm sea waters. The area of Ponti has been classed as one of the best worldwide for windsurfing because of the bay's ideal climatic conditions. Vassiliki is a magnet for tourists for its beautifully clean beaches, the greenery crowding right down to the pretty houses of the harbour, camping, tavernas and nightlife. It is a good place for a stopover, for a meal, a swim or a cup of coffee by the sea.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Portofico Hotel
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Agiofili Beach
    [IMG]

Water sport and fun park :

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Lefkada / Agios Nikitas :

5 : 15 minutes

On the west coast of the Ionian island of Lefkada - Greece, just 12 km from the capital of Lefkas Town, lies the traditional village of Agios Nikitas. The village of Agios Nikitas is a combination of stone-built houses, crystal clear waters and stunning views. The village nestles around the bay in a beautiful area full of olive groves and enchanting landscapes. The picturesque beach that lies in front of the settlement consists of sand and turquoise blue waters. The beach is protected by a break water wall, therefore very safe and ideal for families with small children. There is a cave on the left side of the beach which you are able to swim inside and pass through from the hall of rocks and relax in the small sandy beach. Traditional architecture and local amenities include fresh fish tavernas, restaurants, cafe-bars, mini supermarket, souvenir shops and the beautiful Saint Nikitas church. The village is surrounded by the most beautiful beaches in Lefkada: Agios Nikitas, Milos, Pefkoulia, Kathisma, Megali Petra (Kalamitsi), Egremni and Porto Katsiki. Agios Nikitas is truly an ideal vacation spot for its friendly and refreshing environment for everyone!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Lefkada / Vlicho

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Athani :

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]-

[IMG]

[IMG]

Kalamisi :

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Kalamitsi Beach

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Lefkada / Nikiana :

[IMG]

[IMG]

Lygia :

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sivota:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Egklouvi :

[IMG]

Egklouvi Temploma
    [IMG]

Ta Lytrata Restaurant
    [IMG]

EGKLOUVI, ANTIFASISM RESISTENCE MONUMENT by KOSTAS ASIMAKOPOULOS
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Lefkada is a beautiful island in the Ionian Sea. Turquoise waters and embroidered beaches, verdant forests and springs, mountainous terrain revealing picturesque villages. Lefkada has got it all! Connected to the mainland via a modern road network and a small bridge at Agia Mavra, the island is easily accessible. Hence, it becomes a hub of tourism and a place ideal for a getaway. And the cultural wealth of the island makes it an ideal destination for those interested in tradition and folklore. Which brings us to the most famous local product from Lefkada, lentils of Egklouvi!
    [IMG]
    If you are wondering what makes these lentils so special that are worth dedicating an entire article, then you will be surprised. The lentils grow on the plateau of Agios Donatos, adjacent to the village of Egklouvi. Their cultivation dates back centuries ago and therefore they have become trademark of the region. What is different about this variety of lentils is that they are extremely high in iron, calcium and nutritional value. But at the same time, they are spectacularly delicious. When you cook lentils of Egklouvi, you need to be careful and check for the moment when they become mushy. This is when they have released their flavors in full. And you only add some extra virgin olive oil, oregano and garlic. The outcome is mind-blowing, trust us!
    The traditional way of cultivation survives till these days in Lefkada. More often than not, you will see old women picking the lentils by hand. It is impressive how time has stood still on this blessed part of the world. Lentils of Egklouvi are organically grown local products, included within the list of FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization) from the United Nations. The villagers understand the value of lentils and so they only cultivate minimal quantity per year. It is just enough for their own needs and for very limited trading. So you should seek a traditional merchant when you visit Lefkada, in order to ensure that you get your share in time.
    [IMG]
    To celebrate the harvest at the village, locals organize the feast of lentils in Egklouvi. Every year on August 6th, there is a huge celebration for the Transfiguration of Jesus. It is the eve before the celebration of Agios Donatos, protector of the village. After mass, everyone gathers in the village and the housewives prepare the traditional recipe for lentils. They serve it along with other treats. Travelers are more than welcome to attend this wonderful feast, eat and drink with the villagers on this joyous occasion
    [IMG]
    When you do visit Lefkada, dedicate some time to reach the mountainous village of Egklouvi. See where the lentils grow, how strenuous the whole process is for the locals to maintain its quality along with tradition. And above all, have a taste of this healthy gastronomic wonder!

[IMG]

Ruined Radar
  7. nooz Where is my cat nip err I mean nap!

Schmettering I can not keep up with you! Keep posting though I see what I can see and read what I can! nice lentil recipe I use that instead of rice next time. Thank you and have a wonderful evening.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I have slowed down a lot , to much to do in game .
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Soara2, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Spartochori :

Agios Ioannis

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

From the old monastery today only the spacious church survives, which belongs as a chapel to the parish of Ag. Georgiou Spartochoriou.
    The Church of Agios Ioannis Prodromos is built on the pebble beach west of Meganisi, next to the sea strait that separates the island from Lefkada. It no longer has to show great murals or architecture, but it has a long history.
    Tradition has it that the monastery was founded before 1477 and was destroyed by pirates who threw the image of the Saint into the sea, while a fisherman pulled it out with his nets. In the middle of the 19th c. Saint Joachim of Ithaca, known in Meganisi and Ithaca as "Papoulakis", sent a pious woman to rebuild the temple with fundraisers and with the help of the faithful. The church was radically renovated again a few years ago.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Papoanikolis Cave :

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

The anchors and weights installed on the airship seem to still be holding as it seems to still be sitting at the bottom of
    Papoanikolis Cave! How much longer can the oxygen possibly last? Stay Tuned!
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think there won't be any more trips tobey , I think it is to hard on Cyrrenas health .
    Anyway the Spring time trip 2021 would have been on a submarine , and our airship can be transformed in to one .
    I think that was already done .
    never mind , that nobody is inside right now anyway .
    We don't go on vacation till November.
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

And thus, the last blub blub of the tiny air bubbles filter to ocean top and then there was nothing. Iris out. Fade into credits, Song Playing is Midnight Blue and then......
    The End.
    Soara2, Whilhelmina and Breanna like this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

SIGH!!!!! And you call me a murderer.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Shhh, it's all over. I win again.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

Not if Gero sneaks in here with all his tricky gadits.
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

[ cue the: Pink Panther theme by Henry Mancini... ]

pad, pad, thump thump !

Whom is that in here with me ?

"Its Just Me !"

Joe, now I have to get my finger nails out of the cave ceiling. Haven't we talked about this ?

"My name isn't Joe. And I am whispering..."

I can't pronounce the names you give each other... wait, why are you following me ?

"You said you had to go have fun..."

I'm not going to ask what a T-Rex does for fun.

"I don't think you would like it."

Me neither, uhm, no eating the other folks posting here."

"No Food !"

QUIET !

Anyway, lets go see why my airship is in this cave.

"Hold me."

I doubt I can, and why ?

"I live outdoors, I don't like caves."

Oh.

"Floating. I'm floating ..."

Hello airship, I know the way out of this cave.

"Good. Joe, your feet are muddy. You cannot .."

Joe and I will just walk back out.

[ sunshine !]

All 3 of us are back outdoors, and we and our passengers cannot be trapped by ttobey ever again.

[ cue the: Pink Panther theme by Henry Mancini... as it fades away]
    Soara2, Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  18. Balcerak Well-Known Member

When does the 2021 trip start? And where will we go? Australia? Norway? Russia?
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am sorry Balcerak , but I think Cyrrena can't do it anymore :( it's a lot of work ( I should know ) and her health is not good .
    So unless you want to sit down in front of the computer and plan and do the find out about the best places to go and so on
    I won't take away her baby and run the trip .
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

I really miss Cyrrena, I wish she would at least pop in and say HI