Cannot Reproduce Can't buy weekly overseer quest

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by spitty2, Apr 19, 2020.

1. spitty2 New Member

Trying to buy the weekly overseer quest from Arabella shows me a positive message in chat:
    'You buy [Grant Overseer Quest:Heritage Hunt [Weekly]] from Arabella ...".
    But the quest doesn't show up in my inventory or overseer window. Opening the buy window from Arabella again still shows the overseer quest for purchase.

I am Level 11 at Overseer Experience at the moment.
    This was my first attempt to by the weekly.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah that would probably be an unintended consequence of the way the season 2 was implemented
  3. Rarkevan Active Member

• Same thing here :(
    FracasKrusher likes this.
  4. ramblinrod Member

Did you by chance already purchase and use charged versions of your Season 1 overseer quests before doing this? There appears to be a limit of 10 for charged quests, the weekly is probably counted as one, and they currently can't be "un-used" once used, so if you'd used 10 charged quests already...

Since you didn't report the error, "The overseer quest failed to be added because you already have the maximum allowed number of charged quests," it's unlikely this is your problem, but until you've verified that...
  5. Rarkevan Active Member

I did not get the message:
    "The overseer quest failed to be added because you already have the maximum allowed number of charged quests,"

I got the message that I purchased it and it was nowhere to be found.
  6. Katzandra Well-Known Member

This post should have been in a different thread and was deleted and posted in the thread for season 1 charged quests.
    Jaeded likes this.
  7. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Does the weekly quest autoscibe? TBH I don't remember but I know it auto refreshes (ie I haven't needed to buy it again) If it does and you have already purchased and added season one charged quests that could be why you're not seeing it.
  8. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I am so happy my weekly quest was running before I got season 1 charged quests. Hopefully they will sort out the limit on charged quests!
  9. ramblinrod Member

Sorry I was unclear. I meant: since you didn't report (a better word than verify) the first part, whether or not you added regular season 1 quests.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I bought 5 charges of 5-6 of the Season 1 Overseer tasks and added them to my list, then a short while later collected the reward from the weekly and it gave me a new weekly.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Shimizu New Member

I'm having the same problem as the OP - did you ever get this resolved?
    I interact with merchant, buy the thing, but it never appears in my inventory to consume despite several relogs/zonings etc.
  12. Celan Active Member

The overseer weekly quest counts as a charged quest. You can have a maximum of 10 DIFFERENT charged quests (note: that you can have multiple of the same quest is something else), doesn't matter whether your quests are on cool down or your agents are out working on them or if they sit there completed or just ready to go or a mix of it, 10 is the max amount of different charged quests you can have at any given time. So as long as you do not have less than 10 different charged quests in your overseer quest book, it will not scribe the weekly.
    One more thing right now to consider.... the overseer quest from the current ongoing event also counts as a charged quest and against that maximum of 10.
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

The current event (scorched sky) wouldn't let me write a 10th charged quest while it was running but you can take it if you already have 10 charged quests. It's a bit different than the weekly system. (I did bring that specific bug to Kaitheel then, so he's aware and passed it along)
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still affecting anybody?
  15. Panthur Member

JUST an FYI, I have the weekly AND 10 different charged quests going all at once. Although weekly is a charged it doesn't eat up a charged slot - at least for me anyways.
  16. Juraiya Well-Known Member

*scratches head* I hadn't even known about these. I went to Arabella, and I see lots of appearance gear that I'm not interested in (and apparently a nice merc), but no heritage quest weekly; no quest of any sort, actually. I've been doing the daily Heritage Hunt Overseer quest for a while now.

Are we sure this is carried on Arabella? If so, why can't I see this quest? Did it get moved to someone else? And if so, to whom? (And yes, I am an All Access Member, I'm at level 20 Overseer, and obviously I've been doing Overseer quests for a while.)
  17. Lemilla Active Member

18. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Breanna likes this.