transfers off rivervale

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by parissa, Feb 21, 2021.

1. parissa Well-Known Member

@dreamweaver, has there been any thought into doing just transfers off of rivervale for those of us that want to keep our characters but would like to go to more active servers. I know at one time IoR allowed only transfers off and was wondering if you could consider this for rivervale too.... Pretty please... Or combining us with IoR even...
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

It is happening.
    parissa likes this.
  3. parissa Well-Known Member

I didn't know that... now i can dust my characters off.... thanks melt
  4. parissa Well-Known Member

I forgot to ask... is it transfers off or merging?
  5. Nilyana Active Member

Where did you hear this?
    Siren likes this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

[IMG]

They will also merge the server into another, but not until early 2022 due to resources.
    parissa, WhysperWynde and Siren like this.
  7. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Huh, 2/18 - when I did a search for "rivervale transfer" only posts from 2020 came up. I'm guessing this is another case where it just hasn't trickled down from Discord to the Forums yet?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

That's mostly my fault, I thought I had posted something here.

The screenshotted post was meant to be on both the forums and discord.
  9. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Thanks DW. Is there a way the forum news & announcement channel could be used to update a corresponding channel on Discord (or vice versa), so you'd only have to make 1 change and it would propagate? If it's a limitation due to the forums - maybe it's time to upgrade the ol' AMC Gremlin version to something a little.... friendlier?
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It's a limitation due to the forums I've tried to work around, one of the major requests on my list is new updated forum structure so fingers crossed. Until then I am just going to shift how I do announcements to make sure they make it to both locations.
    Siren likes this.
  11. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

*coughs in isle of refuge*
  12. parissa Well-Known Member

I really hope when they do merge rivervale, they do it into IoR so we can still have free trade server...
    Siren likes this.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Is IoR noticeably more active than Rivervale? Would be awful to get a transfer or a merge and still be in the same activity situation. IoR you can transfer off so that would be good.

I don't actively play on either of the servers and am sure someone will chime in with how active/not active it may be. Was more asking because on your first post you asked about a more active server.
    parissa likes this.
  14. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

It isn't even close. I logged into Rivervale server to check population. I logged in 2 characters (I have 3 accounts). The /who all listed 4 toons on server. That's it!
    I then went and logged into Isle of Refuge server. Did a /who all search again. 88 players. That was early this morning.
    Xianthia likes this.
  15. Valandra Member

Weren't we supposed to get tokens today to transfer off RV? it says 3/9.
  16. Tinkrbelle Active Member

recently posted on Discord

KanderToday at 10:25 AM
    In regards to the transfer tokens for Rivervale. We’re verifying some functionality issues, we think we have them worked out. Once we do it will be available as a free purchase off of the marketplace. Transfer tokens are heavily reliant on environment checks in code, so they are not safe to test only on internal servers. More information soon as we have it.
    Breanna, Beee and dreamweaver like this.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Token is now available in the Services tab on Rivervale marketplace or searchable as “Transfer off Rivervale Server”.
    Siren, Breanna and Beee like this.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

My stuff at least sells on IoR. Holidays are also nicer because there's no lag. Peak times nights/weekends it's over 100 on a /who all (so who knows how high it goes?), but weekday mornings more like in the 80s, yeah. Still, it's way better than poor Rivervale, which unfortunately never quite took off.
  19. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Right now it costs 2450 DB to transfer off IoR. I feel so trapped there. Any way we can get free transfers off IoR as well?
  20. parissa Well-Known Member

Not as active as others, but weekends are good... I play on IoR and MJ... Its nothing compared to MJ but I like free trade aspect... Now I don't care either way since I transfered half to each server... I would say more up to peeps that are still on rivervale...
    Xianthia likes this.