Unable to enter cross server homeshow

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Silkmyst, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Silkmyst Active Member

Hi,

I'm from skyfire and can't enter AB homeshow channel past few days.
    Am I the only one? Didn't see a bug report, just checking.
    Thanks,
    Silk
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Misstake Well-Known Member

I was facing this same issue but Chienne gave me a trick that worked. Log out of EQ2 and from the launchpad validate the files. I was then able to join and finally see chat.

If you do not know how to validate the files:
    1) Open Launchpad
    2) Upper left hand corner click on the version like "US English"
    3) In the new box that pops up, go down to the middle left hand side and click "Validate Game assets"
    4) Click Validate
    5) Wait until it is done and then log in.

Hope this helps.
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I can't get on chat in either TEST or SKYFIRE!
  4. Orionza Active Member

Oh posting in here to say the same. I sent a petition, posted on the forum and have also had this problem for three months now. I stopped playing and came back and it's still ongoing. I validated assets but nothing.

On Skyfire as well. Other people are reporting issues. This really needs to get addressed.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Quiarrah like this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It is an issue with cross-server chat when you aren't on the same server as the channel is housed (so if you're not on the Test server, problems with /test.test are possible, if you're not on AB, /antonia_bayle.homeshow may give you fits, etc.)

It isn't an easy thing to fix because it is utterly unpredictable. You may be fine on 10 alts, and the 11th can't get into the cross-server channels. You may be fine until you crash and relog. You may be fine on a character, alt to another briefly and come back and have issues. You may be fine. Etc. Petitions won't really help since the GMs have zero to do with it, sadly. And it can't be reliably reproduced so that the person(s) who handle the technical side of cross-server chat can find and fix the problem.

I know the devs are aware of it and that they've passed it on to the one(s) who would handle that bit of infrastructure, but that's about all that they can do as well. :(
  6. Orionza Active Member

Wow that's awful to hear. It worked so perfectly before. Then after one patch it broke for me and never returned. We must have this fixed! At least on my one new character, I can access test.test (I was yakking about it earlier) :D But I really need to talk to Homeshow from my main character (who can access none). I'm sorry so many people are having this problem. It's upsetting and one reason I quit the game a few months ago. I can't believe it is still happening after I've come back. Thought it would be resolved by now.
  7. Silkmyst Active Member

Also tried validating assets with no luck, but I appreciate the advice. Skyfire lost homeshow when our
    chats all went down a few days ago. Chat came back, but homeshow was lost again. They did manage
    to fix it once I think. I really miss it. So comforting. I hope they at least try to fix.
    Silk
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Wow. I have nothing else to say except . . I will now be alone. Unable to ask questions. Talk to people I know and have become friends with. Wow. I may as well view this as a single player game now. Or . . more like WoW or G.W. . . and do not even suggest general chat. Been there. Done that. Thats why I joined HOMESHOW. Oh well . . . I guess this is Farewell.

SOOO. . . I guess alot of us will be saying farewell to the channel as we wont be able to use it. So Good bye Homeshow Chat. I shall miss my friends. My chatacter slots are full so I will not be able to come to AB . . . if this is the case though maybe every server should have its own HOMESHOW chat channel. We need to be able to communicate even if
    Its only on our server. I already have one on SKYFIRE. Its HOMESHOW so ALL Skyfire peeps should join!!
    So say we all.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Orionza like this.
  9. Orionza Active Member

I'll join yours on Skyfire....
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, what is it that makes it so complex? Is it a third-party hosting thing (if so, why?)? Is it a matter of shooing the gophers back to work in the treadmills that connect the cross-server wires? Is it a matter of not kicking out the plugs, either figuratively or literally (you'd be surprised how often the smallest, silliest things can affect big systems...)? :-/

'Cause, I mean, they'd have these issues semi-periodically with the EU servers back in the day not being able to communicate with anyone outside the EU, but it would take months for anyone to notice/care/be able to fix it... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Stellacious Active Member

Star Date: February 16th 2021

Skyfire is off line again for the across server deco channel! We are using the standard back up /join homeshow to keep in touch on Sky until it is fixed, again.

Please do a /petition in-game for this issue. The more people that make a request the faster it takes priority.

See you there,
    Stellacious :)
  12. Orionza Active Member

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH - This is fixed for me today and everyone was saying hello in Homeshow today. Very very grateful
  13. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Same for me on Skyfire. (knock on wood). Now lets keep it that way.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Knock on wood, cross fingers, whatever it takes! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.