Deepwater Recipes

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Evieluv, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Evieluv New Member

Hello Friends,
    I would like to start by saying how much I love to deco and could we please have an option to buy the deep water recipes and other recipes from older xpacs to be able to craft our own items to use for decorating? It is so difficult and expensive to search for other players who have to commission these items one at a time and are no trade items which make it almost impossible to move around like you need to decorate larger houses and guild halls etc..... Please make all crafted item recipes available {maybe in bundles} on the marketplace for a reasonable price? this would make deco so much more fun and exciting for EVERYONE!! Yay
    Thank you so much in advance for your help on this,
    Evieluv
    Vichane, Kattt, Aelissa and 3 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Even better: make the RECIPE BOOKS available on the Marketplace. ;->

Trust me, there are many, many, many posts out there on this very topic; you are not alone. :)

Uwk
    who's just started a PM Conversation with JChen, our Lead for EQ2, on this very subject (recipe books of the old expansions, among other crafter things)...haven't heard back from her yet, but it's a Saturday... ;)
    Vichane, Kattt, Evieluv and 3 others like this.
  3. Evieluv New Member

Hello again, just to clarify I wanted to have the recipes available to purchase on the marketplace from past expansions for example the Deep water Recipes, etc. that way we can craft what we need and use them for deco since some of those items are no trade and or must be commissioned one at a time which is very inconvenient finding someone that has them since the expansion they are from was so long ago.
    Please add to this discussion friends. The Deco community needs more options to obtain old recipes that are no longer available.
    thanks so much :)
    Evieluv
    Vichane, Quiarrah, Kattt and 3 others like this.
  4. Loklord New Member

I agree that for those mostly interested in decorating and even just those who dabble and like prior recipes (items you can make) , it would be a great option to be able to purchase recipes from expansions they were not around for via the marketplace. I support it 100%.

I understand the enticement of using them in the expansion pack bundles to have more people buy them , but if its locked to a timeframe (when the expansion is for sale, and gone when the new expansion is available). Then anyone not around for that misses out completely. What happens then if those crafters that had that particular pattern no longer play ? , and the adventurers that have it but don't craft and might not be aware they even have it ? , it makes it as if those items are relics and are rare to find.

I've been playing for 3 months , I'm not super into deco but I dabble and some things I really like , perfect example being the waterfalls mentioned here. I know of 4 people on skyfire with the ability to make them. Are there more then that? highly likely , could I invest more time asking in general chat or when an event pulls alot of people together and likely find more that make them? , also highly likely. It would come down to if someone felt like checking their recipes or alt toons recipes when I ask , or word of mouth if someone knows someone that knows someone. Not impossible but not exactly easy or efficient, kinda wastes the potential of the item imo if they are locked to people that were there when it was available.

I am not aware of the legality of taking something from an expansion bundle and listing it for sale seperately , I would imagine its a no no. Could you possibly make new versions of old recipes that are in demand (or all of the old stuff) re-skins , with new names , throw them in a recipe book and toss it on marketplace , like a bundle of 10 recipes for 20$ or something.
    Kattt, Evieluv, Karamella and 2 others like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Why? Why would it be illegal? For heaven's sake, they have the right to tweak the EULA any which way they want to, and if they're kind, they let us know about it when we login after the fact and have to sign it again before going any further into game. ;->

There have been other items in the past that were "only" offered for the Fan Faire conventions; i.e., you couldn't have a snowball's chance in Hades of being able to get them if you weren't there that particular year for an item, but a lot of those are now available on the Loyalty Merchant and the Marketplace. I have no idea why this couldn't be along those same lines. Give it the old delay of two years*, make it purchasable on the Marketplace so they wouldn't lose too much revenue, and Robert's your parent's sibling. ;-> Really, there are so many people eagerly jumping on the pre-order, "latest and greatest! :D" bandwagon for even Collector's Editions on up, price-wise, I'm surprised they felt a need to limit the 50% off sale at the end of Blood of Luclin's run (down to 25% off. Much raising of dudgeons over that one; it was a bit of a shock).

Though I'm not so sure the pre-order eagerness isn't like the situation where a "leader" would be followed, but only out of curiosity by this point... :-/

Hope springs eternal. ;->

Uwk

*(way back when, the "current" content would be free after two years; you wouldn't have to buy an expansion to get it, so it was a boon if you were Free-to-Play, but you'd have to wait for two whole years to play there. They've stopped that for awhile now.)
    Evieluv likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep. That's what a lot of us have been requesting in many posts here and there. :)

Uwk
    Kattt and Evieluv like this.
  7. Rushd Active Member

I originally thought the same and looked into it some. Looks like all their legal contracts were updated to ensure they could. I'm not sure what the grace period is before the current contracts. I'm not against selling of old Expansion Bundles but I would caution be careful what you wish for. Years ago, the old rule of thumb for the marketplace was " only sell what doesn't give you a competitive advantage in game".... That's long gone now, the last thing we want is for Every desirable recipe to be Marketplaced. Not everyone has disposable income especially for decorating items and I would hate to think we supported an idea that got us there. RNG is bad enough, can you imagine having to buy everything you needed? Slippery Slope.

From Daybreaks Legal page:

8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I dunno about that; if that's a concern, they can just give us more interesting stuff that we can earn in game, dangit. There are those who think the old Expansion Bundles (I like that! :D) should be offered on the Loyalty Merchants, perhaps only for Members, but I doubt the Powers That Be would ever go for that. No real life $$$ to be made from that. :-/

Uwk
    Vichane, Kattt, Evieluv and 1 other person like this.
  9. Rushd Active Member

That's the point I am making, lets not allow this to become the precedence. Most of us decorators when able Buy the collectors edition because of the recipes.... and I'm ok with that. Since player studio is now gone, it's up to them alone now to make/offer those items we want to purchase on marketplace or in game. Frankly, I was quite surprised how much they have created for decorators this expansion and last (lots of repeat models but still more offerings). To me, it's a little bit of double dipping on same content to resell them again, but I wholeheartedly understand why so many of us just want our oompa loompas now. Just because we want something doesn't mean we have to support the idea they have to make money off of it through marketplace specifically.

I think asking for recipes on marketplace is a line we shouldn't cross. They have already made it pretty apparent that our everyday items can be terribly difficult to get and impossible for some. It is not a far stretch for them to start adding what we would consider our "givens" to the marketplace as well. Looking at other games micro transactions make up billions of dollars in the industry and for all the "up and coming games" like Ashes of creation, they quite literally turned off over 50% of their interested players by introducing their cash shop before the game even released. This is an industry standard now.

And I don't know for sure, but Oaky seems to be somewhat successful at getting things we want through proper means.

I would be much more comfortable with them adding a "Decorators Suite" option for upcoming expacs that includes old expac bundles. Just like new expac gets old adventure content, WE have allowed the decorating portion to go ignored and not get included when in theory they should have been. I would consider this a retention move nothing more.

Summer quest are really good about re-instituting old objects, whose to say those objects couldn't be the old expansion recipes. But honestly, I think the Decorator's suite is the best way to go and makes the most sense without setting a precedence to marketplace everything we want.
    Evieluv and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I like the Summer Quest letting us get older stuff. . . I just dont like that it's only one (per character.) I can only have one set of each in my house? What is the reasoning behind that?
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! But wouldn't getting the Decorators' Suite (DS) involve buying it somehow with real money? :-/

The main reason I suggested the Marketplace is I figure that's the only thing that would pry it loose from them. Personally, I'd love for it to be on the Loyalty Merchants, like so many of the previously inaccessible "you missed out on that World Event/Fan Faire? Too bad for you! :D" items are now, and a lot of the previous Marketplace-only stuff is available on the Days of Summer questline (which would also be an awesome place for the DS). But if they think they're going to lose out on us buying the Collector's Editions on up if they make the recipes available any other, non-real life cash way, they'd probably never just give it to us for "free." :-/

Yes, I know there are a ton of folks who will get the pre-order of the next expac to come along, largely for the pre-order perks, and a lot of Testers can help out with pay-to-beta that way, but I for one will NOT get the latest/greatest without a sale near the end of that expac cycle, because they really haven't been worth wading through all the bugs for the sake of a cool house, a cool set of recipes, a cool new mount, and a possible other cool thing (max. level Tokens for my Carpies, for one ;->) at full price for quite some time now, imho. If, for example, they'd sell those four things to me a la carte, like with Age of Discovery, for, say, $13.75 each, I'll be more than happy to buy the Standard Edition at full price and those things as well for a grand total of $89.99. Hell, if they sell those four things to me for $14 each, it'd be cheaper for me to get the Collector's Edition (Standard = $34.99+ $[14*4] => 34.99+56 = $90.99) and all the rest that goes with it, which I really don't care that much about at all, but I'd consider the rest to be gravy on the cake at that point. ;->

On the other hand, if they did do that a la carte thing with all the various elements of the higher-than-Standard editions, such as the adventuring and/or raiding perks, I can see how folks would squawk about "pay to win" rearing its ugly head, and right they'd be to squawk. :-/ If they did offer the Decorators' Suite as a perk on either the Loyalty Merchant or the Days of Summer quest line but for Members only, I can foresee a lot of Kronos flying fast and furiously for those windows of opportunity. ;-> Heck, it might even be an enticement for returning folks and new folks to stick around on paid levels. :)

Uwk
    Karamella and Breanna like this.
  12. Aelissa Well-Known Member

I believe they said they are looking into this and at least proposing that past ones to be available to us for purchase, they have added homes to loyalty vendor, maybe they will do that, or make them buyable in a pack like the Recuso?

I would love the deepwater ones myself because I missed that pack, and the sprocket ones!
    Vichane, Kattt, Finora and 3 others like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

It would be great to have multiple sets of the Panda's summer items in my several prestige houses.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

SERIOUSLY?! OMG! Yeah, that would be incredible! :D

Uwk
    Karamella, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  15. Karamella Well-Known Member

OMG, I'll keep my fingers crossed that this comes true.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Sinafe Darkchyle Inquisitor/Carpenter

At this point I would be happy if they just allowed us to purchase the older expansion packs at full price to get the perks that came with them.
    Vichane, Kattt, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  17. Evieluv New Member

I think that questing for one house item is ABSURD for most of us that are in the deco community this is very unpractical. There are so many things to do in-game with current content city fests, special events and so on why in the world is it so hard to get the actual recipes for house items so we can make them ourselves for what we need. I have 2 all access accounts with the latest expansions and I very often buy some station cash with real money to get items I want but cannot access any other way. Using Loyalty tokens to buy old recipes would be brilliant for all players that have all access accounts and possibly having tradeskill quests available to EARN old recipes. I know since EQ2 and so many other games I have played in the past like WoW and others you typically have things available for purchase that are not available otherwise. I was thinking this could also be very difficult for players who are unemployed or do not have extra money to spend on Daybreak Cash etc. I would really appreciate the game developers to give us some more options to obtain the RECIPES old crafted items as well as the new ones for example the new green marble and other items in the latest expansion you have to do so many quests to earn tokens to buy ONE piece if railing or one floor tile. Come on really? I love decorating houses, prestige and city, guild halls etc. I need stacks of these items to use for deco..... I work a job and have a family I do not have time to quest items this way its absolutely not practical. Please keep commenting on this feed so we are heard. The deco community is a huge one across servers and I think if enough of us whether we dabble or are professional decorators in game all need a practical way to obtain recipes so we can craft what we need . Please keep talking about this friends. We need our voices to be heard by the powers that BE.
    Yours truly,
    Evieluv
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. Manyoshu Member

Some other games do offer the possibility, like 6 months after the expac is on, to buy the stuff offered with the pre order. Also, I seriously doubt that offering the recipe books on the marketplace would plunge Norrath into chaos.
    As a house items addict and decorator, I also would be willing to spend cash to buy the recipes from old expac that I missed.
    Please please give it to us : easy revenue for you and happiness for us, it's a win-win.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Here's the thing: if they didn't think we crafters, especially decorators, were of any real importance, they would offer us the recipe books from the old expacs without a quibble, maybe even on the Loyalty vendor (though probably for Members only). If they thought we were important and worth keeping and cultivating, they would offer them to us on the Marketplace for a separate revenue stream. I'm kind of feeling in limbo with the way they have it now: not available at all. :-/

Hopefully that will change. ;->

Uwk
    /crossing_fingers, and also willing to pay good money for them separately, despite the rather infamous history of elitism here ("I already got mine. It was exclusive. They promised me it would be exclusive for-ever. Why would I want any rabble getting access to it afterwards? :confused:"), since they have offered products that had been only at the Fan Faires in the past (on the Marketplace, if memory serves)
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  20. Celestia Well-Known Member

Like everyone here has already said, i AM sooooo for this! Especially the Deepwater recipes.
    Vichane and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.