Little Tarby Lost bug?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by clapisback, Feb 15, 2021.

1. clapisback Active Member

Hi all,

I want to do the "An Axe From the Past" HQ but I'm fixing to give up on this quest because an NPC won't initiate a spawn. I spoke to Obsid and got the "Little Tarby Lost" quest but when I interact with Tarby all I get is a "Tarby Boulderboom appears frightened" message and he won't spawn the wolves. I have dropped the quest, picked it up again, logged out, etc.

Is this a legit bug? https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Little_Tarby_Lost says I'm doing everything right and I don't remember this issue in the past.

Thanks.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Target him and hit 'h'.
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Curious, are you doing it with the mobs greyed out, I recall it bugging out due to that. If so, try mentoring down to 40
    Breanna likes this.
  4. clapisback Active Member

I did that, many times. I can't make this critter talk to me
  5. Kaitheel Developer

That is really bizarre, clapisback.

The message "Tarby Boulderboom appears frightened" should only appear when the wolves are spawned, so somehow Tarby thinks the wolves are already spawned.

Do you recall anything odd that happened that might have been related to this? By chance, was this your second time attempting this quest or attempting the fight with the wolves?

Thank you for your help in this investigation!

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna and Tkia like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

give it another try tomorrow , maybe those wolfs are having a party with the lich ( Erollisi quest Neck Castle )
    Breanna likes this.