Prestige Housing

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by redindus, Feb 16, 2021.

1. redindus Active Member

There a prestige housing on the store i might be interesting in, but before i buy it would like to know if this will work. First of all, i dont want to travel to city or that faction to access to it. For example, personal grotto, So i go out in the wilderness and find a suitable spot look like can be a cave nearby river or lake and pretend this is the spot of my new home. So after i buy that prestige housing, i will be near that spot in the wilderness and use the access to housing&leaderboard on the button tab bottom left of the screen. Wasnt sure if that will work, also wish the recall abilities will allow you to mark that spot to recall to instead of warping to faction city.

Once i leave my prestige housing i bought, will i spawn in that exact location where i access to housing? It just this character doesnt like Freeport or urban areas. She lives in the wilderness or simple do without prestige and be homeless if this doesnt work.
  2. Kari Well-Known Member

If you publish the house, then you should be able to access it through the leaderboard from any non-instanced location. You wouldn't need to go to the corresponding area, but you could if you want to roleplay.

There is a filter that will allow you to find your house in the leaderboard, although you will have to select the correct house size before you apply the filter. You can't move or change furniture while it is published so you would have to unpublish it and then republish every time you want to redecorate.

Entering from any location through the leaderboard will also work for the standard city housing, although then she would be stuck looking at the city through the windows, unless you board them up.

ETA. I believe you would have to go into your home city one time to make the actual purchase of the prestige home, but after that you wouldn't need to again.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  3. redindus Active Member

Thanks Kari, yeah i went ahead and bought it and gotta go there at least once. I also noticed there a portal button on the housing&leaderboard. Wasnt sure what that does yet.

I havent really find a suitable spot for this grotto yet, been trying to roleplay that parts out. Kinda tricky to remind myself how things work and roleplay this out as well.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

You don't need to publish your house to access it from the housing leader board. Just use the tab to see your own houses and zap there. The housing portal can be placed in any house or guild to create a link that shows up in your houses exit door.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  5. Kari Well-Known Member

That works for me inside the major cities, but if I wanted to access my house from someplace remote, like the cliffs in Cobalt Scar, the "Enter House" button is grayed out and I can only access it if it is published.
    Lateana and WhysperWynde like this.
  6. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Good to know. This is an interesting idea to make your house appear to exist out in a wilderness area. Might look into this for at least one of my girls.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

You can only do that when the zone you're in is a housing zone.
  8. redindus Active Member

Well finally got this setup, it worked. Just need to head to your major city at once to claim it then you can do whatever you desire.

My last question is, is there a way to change the light effects in those prestige housing? I like mine dark or least make it darker, just too bright for her taste. I wasnt even sure if that is possible to make or find something out there to change all that.