please stop adding cant hostile spells to solo mobs

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Xavion, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Xavion Well-Known Member

seriously its not fun to fight trash mobs in a solo zone to basically be sat there unable to do anything to then die its really annoying and shouldnt be in a solo zone at all
    Sheriane, Kaldrun and Tkia like this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

There's nothing more frustrating in a game than rendering the player impotent and unable to do anything except sit and watch their character die. The only thing design like that is going to achieve is driving players away.
    AOE1 likes this.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

it sucks in heroics too
    bring a healer merc so you can get cured or use cure pots i guess? mehhhhh
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Carry potions and cure detriments promptly? That's how people who don't automatically have cures manage this fight!
  5. girney Active Member

i think the op is referring to uncurable detriments which are very annoying.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've run all the RoS solos a bunch of times now, and I have yet to encounter a "no hostile spells" that was not caused by a curable detriment, usually arcane. Casters and priests obviously can self-cure, so can paladins and possibly other classes, but even on classes that can self-cure, it's really helpful to carry a stack of each of the cure potions because sometimes the detriments come faster than your cure spell refreshes.

I've never understood why so many people (including a lot of healers) are so reluctant to cure!
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Bleanienia New Member

I have 3 cure's in my channelers set up, and some fights i have to use all of them, just to be given enough time to attack once or maybe twice, before "cannot cast offensive spells!, CURE NEEDED" in a SOLO dungeon. And yes yes of coarse, cure potions are a possablility, but were can you get those ? from players ? for horrificly marked up prices ?, stop playing the game, and level your potion crafting ? , if you JUST got into the game, or returned to it, got the 120 boost, and figured "ok i'll just play at this 120, with the expansion i just bought!, sounds fun!' but instead, it is "can you cure ? no.. ok, have fun dieing!" and healer mercs, yes, but i've found ether thier cure isnt up often enough, or the ai simply breaks, and they just DONT use it, so they are not dependable, i've also found the, i believe its dragon AA, that "uppon casting a offensive skill/spell chance to cure self" welp, doesnt proc when needed and 2, if you cant CAST an offensive spell, that AA is worthless.

My suggestion, would be have each boss, cast thier "Cant do action" needs a cure thing, once every 30s, maybe 45 ? (yes yes i know there are dps out there that simply chunk fights and skip mechanics.. im not one of them) just to introduce you to the fact the mob does it in SOLO, for WHEN/IF you even WANT to TRY heroic or what have you.

I hate having to depend on consumables, just to play a game, it makes me feel like im paying rent, that fluxuates randomly and i have no control over it, i hate it.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

If I had to guess, it's because for any classes that can't naturally cure it themselves, the game is forcing an arbitrary and pointless mechanic that forces them-- specifically-- to go out of their way of playing their class the way their class is supposed to be played just to compensate.
  9. Chrol Developer

This is being removed from solos next hotfix.
    Bhayar, Tajar, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  10. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

In all honesty, what do people have cure potions for if they don't use them?

That people don't use them is not the problem of the game but of the player, you don't have to simplify and simplify everything just because of a few complaints.

Tell Caith he should finally raise the paladin cures ("Zealous Smite" and "Cure Spells") from level 127 to 129, since the solo namends are now all at least level 128 and thus the paladin cures no longer have a function.

There are abilities and potions to use them and not just mess around with them.

The only thing the paladin cures are still good for at the moment are the effects of solo trash mobs, if you remove that too, the paladin cure spells have no longer any use.
  11. Chrol Developer

The spells these were all attached to have other effects that should be cured. That and the no cast hostile on many of them were replaced with other less annoying (for solo) detriments. So there's still a reason to cure, but not doing so won't be so biased against specific playstyles.
  12. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

But you already know, Chris, that players only cure effects that them really need to cure?

Curing an effect just because it is there doesn't make any sense.

The effect must have an impact. I wouldn't be aware of any effects in the solo content that need to be cured except for the "no hostile" effects. At least not with the solo trash mobs which all become oneshoted as soon as you hit them with a ability. If the mob dies the effect is also gone, so why you should be cure? The only thing what you force to cure is an effect which prevent that the mob dies with the next hit or hits, as the "no hostile" thing or an effect what kills youreself before the mob dies, which is hard if you oneshot the mobs.

Some classes don't even have to use abilities for trash mobs and it falls over by itself, e.g. warden. Through reflects, by hit damage procs, pets and so on.
    magilla667 likes this.
  13. magilla667 New Member

Gotta agree with this. So you got a level boost to 120. Other people worked their crafting up to 120. If they can charge a pile o' plat for a cure, that's what an economy is. Plus, I guarantee you that if the price of a cure potion goes to 500 plat, in 2 days there'll be 10k alchemists saturating the market so the price goes to 5 gold. That's also an economy. There used to be raids where stacks of every cure potion were required or the raid would wipe (back around level 80 IIRC). Perhaps, along with the level 120 boost we should all get a zot that one-shots raid bosses from the zone entrance?
  14. Borandor Member

I suspect the OP was referring to the trash shissar mobs in Vex Thal (advanced solo). Some of them have a buff package that has a 25% chance (on ANY hit) of applying the detriment that prevents hostile abilities. I do have potions, and I try to use them when I get hit with this detriment, but occasionally the mob immediately reapplies the detriment. Since potions have a 15 second recast, I have to wait for the merc to cure and then hope I can get in an ability fast enough to kill the mob. Sometimes I get the semi-amusing scenario of using a potion, seeing my merc also cure me, then the mob reapplies the detriment immediately before I can hit it with a combat art. Since I play a swash, I have no choice but to simply wait for the merc to cure again while my potion is on cooldown.

To be honest, this isn't a huge issue. I just know I have to be aware of it and just "tough it out" when it happens, and be careful of pulling multiple shissar trash mobs. There is one room in particular where I can easily die if I pull multiples because of the detriment. So, I pull them singly and can do the entire zone without any deaths.

tl;dr: Potions are helpful here, but not always 100% effective due to the 15 second reuse.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. AOE1 Well-Known Member

The reuse timer on the potions is sometimes far longer than the mob cast the need to use it. So you are again, stuck with sitting there dying and no way to defend yourself. Also, many times my healers have been frozen and they cannot cast anything. Even potions.
  16. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

lol, I was literally unaware of this when I was playing. Didn't break stride in solo zones except for bosses whose script kept them alive through my pewpew. Shows how the classes are so hugely out of balance.
    Bhayar likes this.
  17. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I don't have an issue with needing to use potions. My issue is with mobs effect lasting or their instacast when it's cured and the pot is down because of a timer. Maybe I'm just too logical, but pots/manastones, etc. should have zero timers on their reuse if devs want to fall in love with the detriment/power drain mechanic that seems to impact virtually every thing they create. And Ing...totally agree with your assessment on pally needing to have those det cures upgraded.