Event Heroics - is it just me?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by randomplayer, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Imo if you want these zones to be more PUG'able as well, lowering the combat/potency mit for some of them would help. Below 240k potency these zones are near impossible, and to get that without P2Win items, you need to have literally done everything solo possible & got lucky on PQs.

Knocking that down by 10k Potency on some zones would make these zones far more accessible overall for casual players.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

most players attempting heroics in beta are raid/expert geared so if the tuning is based on these players, it will be overly tough for lesser geared ones
  3. Ceser New Member

Thanks Chrol
    Obano likes this.
  4. Chrol Developer

Yeah, reducing mit isn't out of the question, but for now I'd rather see how these recent changes do.
    Chath, Bhayar, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

do i misremember or is there coming damage reduction to the caged player in the kayzen fight in loda kai? if it isnt on the cards, please consider it. it would be helpful with a bit of damage reduction there :)
  6. Chrol Developer

Man that's old news! I fixed that, uh...days ago. (Next hotfix)
    Bludd and Breanna like this.
  7. Jinksie Well-Known Member

I get some folks have struggled, but we've been very creative in our approaches and been able to complete weeklies on a regular basis with various players in our guild of varying levels of equipment and skill. It's been a lot of fun so far. Looking forward to things being easier for more players as well.
  8. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

The removal of the defensive breach today helped. Once the instant mechanics are switched out, I think these will be doable by PUGs as long as someone knows the scripts.
  9. Duprey Member

I came back after a long break. After spending so much time doing old stuff to get caught up and get fervor ect, raiding, and spending like 2 hours in every heroic and now I'm 1 boss short of completing all heroics, I can't seem to find the energy to log in, burned out man. Spent money on merc and mount training, managed to loot 1 master...all that work to mostly sit around and say lfg all night and nothing...hopefully some good changes to heroics will get people playing again..I can't commit to raid but would like to do heroics
    Zynt likes this.
  10. bobranko New Member

@Chrol - how long are you targeting for each zone to take groups? the group im usually running with, we all have 5k resolve, but all the heroics still take us 1.5h to complete, more if we wipe on a named.

I don't think that's "outrageous" on its own, but if you couple that with the drop rates (mounts, adorns, rare items), it makes it almost impossible to get the gear you want/need to progress.

if you have a reliable group that logs in each night and plays for 3h, you'd have 2 zone clears per night, meaning two chances at a mount, two chances at the rare loot.

based on my numbers, the mount drop rate is certainly no higher than 1/25 (but may be significantly lower). so for our group to get our 6 mounts, we're looking at 150 zone clears, or 75 days of 3h per day, just grinding heroics for our mount.

it'd be surprising if that's what you guys were targeting, but who knows.
    Zynt likes this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Not that it probably matters in the scheme of things, Chrol, but I have to say it was refreshing to see someone take responsibility for something as well as taking care of it. That kind of maturity and responsibility goes a long way in my book. Not that you were low to begin with. I haven't seen you in many of the thread responses on the forums, but saying and doing what you did was impressive.
    Breanna, Zynt and Wulfgyr like this.
  12. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

This. All of this.

That's the tweet.
    Breanna and Zynt like this.
  13. Kari Well-Known Member

There is a huge difference in how long it takes to clear the zones depending on player gear, temp adorns, spell quality, classes in the group, etc. I can sympathize with their difficulty in designing zones for players with such vast differences in dps and hp between groups.

I wonder if we would benefit from something like the buff they did last year for the first expert zone of the day, to bridge the extreme differences between players, although I would rather see some path for casual players to work toward narrowing the gap.

In the 3 hour timeframe that you listed above, my reliable group would clear all 9 regular zones along with a few extra zones that were resettable. None of us need mounts, but the green and red adorns that we need are even more elusive.
  14. Arclite Well-Known Member

Thanks.

So what are the remedial steps and when can we see the actual intended level of group play that should have been from the start of the expansion?

We had a beta after all to test just that right?
  15. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

He... He literally just listed the steps he was taking. It's on the previous page.
    Xianthia likes this.
  16. Kari Well-Known Member

I think the heroic dungeons are tuned very well for the gear level of the people who beta tested them.
  17. Chrol Developer

After checking kill times since the initial outgoing mob damage decrease the other day, I went ahead and dropped combat mitigation on heroic encounters. Challenge remains unchanged!
    Bludd and Xianthia like this.
  18. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Maybe, but this company, in all of it's various iterations over the last 20+ years, has always been an extreme abuser of "release now, patch later."