Event Heroics - is it just me?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by randomplayer, Feb 15, 2021.

1. randomplayer Member

Wtf is up with these? Arent these supposed to be the easy ones?

Ok so im not a supergenius I will admit but that tiger lady is kicking our *****. 9 hours over the weekend and we got 5 mobs down. Its a start but really...I know the ubers are all lol but come on this is pretty intense stuff for the entry level heroics.
    Kaldrun likes this.
  2. Chrol Developer

Event Heroics aren't necessarily supposed to be easier, just faster to complete as they're smaller zones with fewer bosses (3 instead of the usual 5).

With the next hotfix, though, nearly all insta-kill mechanics will be removed from all Reign of Shadows heroic bosses, with the exception of Savage Weald: Backwoods Brawl [Challenge]. That should push these zones further into the PUG-friendly area, which is where they should have been from the start.
    kerry, Xianthia, Kaldrun and 2 others like this.
  3. randomplayer Member

Thanks for the reply. I am looking forward to it.
  4. Ryve Ryver'Fish

That's amazing to hear - thank you for the update Chrol :) (and listening!!)
  5. Obano Well-Known Member

Instat-kill mechanics aren't the problem with PUG groups. Just yesterday I joined a pug group and we couldn't kill a single boss in the zone. We did everything right as far as the scripting and mechanics goes. The problem is people were just dying to regular AoE's, surge damage, and single dot ticks. We had two healers and they were just getting one shot. People had 600million HP and they were just getting wrecked. It wasn't an insta-kill mechanic. I lived through the AoE because I have 1.5Billion HP but my group died. There was nothing I could do as a raid geared tank to carry the group through the zone.

Basically the boss mobs need a buff package nerf. Keep the insta-kill mechanics for failing scripts but tone down the regular damage these mobs do. The mobs just do too much regular damage for causal players to keep up.
  6. Fulton Active Member

Fervor adorns/runes. Add them to the end of sig line or something. Not everybody raids and people have alts, but if you expect raiders and non raiders to meet in the middle then these need to be acquired easily. If you dont have these fervor adorns then you will just suck and need carried. I think the devs thought everyone was a raider and had all the tools to successfully complete heroics... clearly not eh..
    Chatele and Dead Alt Account like this.
  7. Chrol Developer

Which zone/boss was this?
  8. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

This was the same problem in BoL because of the CD Fervor rune carryovers. Newer players, non-raiders and many alts don't have enough Fervor to successfully run heroics, even if they finish every solo achievement and have PQ celestials. This issue has been raised over-and-over in the forums for well over a year. It's a shame this wasn't addressed last year because many returning players due to the lockdowns came back, only to give-up and leave because it was too difficult to get the stats to group and run heroics.
    Fulton likes this.
  9. Fulton Active Member

Well, even with 'insta-kill' mechanics removed and celestials being added to heroic loot pools(its prolly like 0000.5%) I doubt i will see a change in pugs....its deeper than that. Heroics is what keeps this train rollin... its the end game for a lot of players and time filler for raiders....fail on heroics and the ability for the average joe to complete them...well, here we are
  10. Suidakra Active Member

lol yeah, okay
  11. Obano Well-Known Member

Goretilla in "Shateweaver's Thicket: Untamed Lands (Heroic)"

It also may be bugged in other ways. Sometimes the solo version of Goretilla will keep up it's damage shield even after the spider webs have been destroyed. This occurs very rarely. I don't think that happened in the heroic though.

The heroic zones in general are just too over tuned for casuals. PuG healers generally can't keep up with the damage in a lot of zones.
  12. Stylish Active Member

Easy to see what he means....have your team log in 6 characters with sig line/achievement gear and take on the very first boss in the very first heroic zone.
    Zynt likes this.
  13. Ceser New Member

Agreed, incoming damage from the named encounters seem very harsh, even for groups with heroic gear.

At times hits of over 1.5 billion disease/crushing or disease/piercing for example. Either single or AE damage. Over the majority of zones.

Average group health can be 700-800 mil and one AE wipes them out.

Some mobs I can recall, Doom 2nd in Siege, Sotek, 1st in Fort Grim, Needlite etc
    randomplayer likes this.
  14. Kari Well-Known Member

I think you should consider making the first one or two heroic zones in each expansion simpler and more forgiving for casual players to transition into heroics, or add current ways for casual players to work toward getting the stats to be successful. There is a very high bar for soloers to transition from solo to heroic without having players already geared up to introduce them to the zone, which isn't something they are likely to find in a pug.

The zones are fast and fun for my regular heroic group (5 out of 6 of us are raid geared) and I think they are very well designed for our gear and skill level. I am having a great time running them, and consider this one of the better expansions for heroic dungeons if you have the gear for it. Without the gear, a player can be totally ineffective in them.

A few weeks ago I went into the two Echo heroics with one other raider and the rest of the group was very casual. They are reasonably geared for casual content, exceeded the resolve requirements and had sufficient hit points. Their potency was around 240k, cb 10k, and fervor 200- 400. Very reasonable group of people that were in voice chat to coordinate. Half of the group couldn't break 1 billion dps, and the tank couldn't keep aggro against the raid geared players (healer and support class).

We took a half a dozen pulls on the first name in Fungal Foray, but the tank couldn't hold him away from the group and various party members kept getting blown off the ledge to their deaths, or blown back out of heal range, so none of our pulls lasted longer than a couple of minutes. We moved to Quarry Quandry and were able to kill the first two names in there after a bit of work. We had a fun time, but if we didnt have the raid geared players or at least a couple of geared out heroic players, I don't see how they could kill the heroics, and this was the entry zone to the expac.

I certainly see a place for the later heroics to remain more difficult, but it would be nice if casual players had a point of entry.
    Bhayar, Breanna and Zynt like this.
  15. Arclite Well-Known Member

I am just interested in this statement. Who takes the ownership on missing out on something that is very rudimentary in design and development?
    Zynt and Dead Alt Account like this.
  16. Kaldrun Member

when i have asked different reasonably geared people if they are running RoS heroic groups a common response was simply, "we can't" . for the reasons mentioned above
  17. Niptuck New Member

Raids are easier than heroics in this expansion. Go figure.
    randomplayer and Sigrdrifa like this.
  18. Chrol Developer

Okay, I just reduced a number of offensive stats across the board for all [Heroic] bosses, and removed Defensive Breach I from their sustained damage AOEs. (For example, whenever you are hit by Echo Chamber in Quarry Quandary, you'd also get hit by "Defensive Breach I" twice as often which inflicted immitigable percent damage.)

Further reductions in outgoing damage will have to wait till the next hotfix, but what's in now should be very noticeable.
    Chath, kerry, Obano and 4 others like this.
  19. Chrol Developer

Me.
    faethies, Chath, Jinksie and 3 others like this.
  20. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Beta tends to be good for Solos and Sig Lines - but it has always been hard to get a group for heroics in it. Thus heroics do not generally get the same well of beta testing.

It helps Chrol to provide data that can be used to help adjust heroics to an appropriate level.

Just complaining doesn't get it done, suggestions for what to change can help if described well with supporting data.
    faethies and Breanna like this.