Do'om Calamitus in Siege Break (Solo)

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Daleon, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Daleon New Member

Any tips for this boss? The wiki says that you should kill all Zov Dyn Dabo mobs except one, but before I can do this, I get instakilled by "Calamity of Stone" and/or "Domination of Stone", which deal massive damage. See the log excerpt below - the last attack hit for over 1B while my HP is 450M. Are there any additional mechanics to this fight that I am missing?

[Fri Jan 1 17:15:36 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Battle Fatigue hits YOU for 2670680 cold damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:36 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Battle Fatigue hits YOU for 2579173 magic damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:36 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Battle Fatigue hits YOU for 2482494 poison damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:36 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Battle Fatigue hits YOU for 3151927 slashing damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:37 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Calamity of Stone hits YOU for 264778992 crushing damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:39 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Battle Fatigue hits YOU for 2477822 cold damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:39 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Battle Fatigue hits YOU for 2749684 magic damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:39 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Battle Fatigue hits YOU for 2669921 poison damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:39 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Battle Fatigue hits YOU for 2792859 slashing damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:40 2021] \aNPC 238585 Do'om Calamitus:Do'om Calamitus\/a dominates with stone!
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:41 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Calamity of Stone hits YOU for 391730461 crushing damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:41 2021] You regain consciousness!
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:41 2021] YOUR Undeath heals YOU for a critical of 454901842 hit points.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:43 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Battle Fatigue hits YOU for 2786432 cold damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:43 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Battle Fatigue hits YOU for 2671072 magic damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:43 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Battle Fatigue hits YOU for 2522763 poison damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:43 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Battle Fatigue hits YOU for 3353938 slashing damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:43 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Domination of Stone hits YOU for 215315968 crushing damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:43 2021] Do'om Calamitus' Domination of Stone hits YOU for 1076579837 crushing damage.
    [Fri Jan 1 17:15:43 2021] Do'om Calamitus has killed you.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can sneak up and kill SOME of the adds without aggroing the name, I think. Even if not, you don't necessarily have to kill all of them. Read the incremented buff, I don't remember what it does. You may be able to just kill a few, or fight the name some, kill an add, etc.
  3. Daleon New Member

I just had a similar issue with two other bosses in Siege Break (Solo) and Loda Kai Isle (Solo). Maybe the optional solo instances (which aren't required for the signature line) are meant to be harder than the others? I have died more often in those two runs than in all other solo instances combined.

Venomess Tshakez's Shed Skin hits YOU for 515042630 piercing damage.
    Taja Verath's Master Tiger Strike hits YOU for 353720776 slashing damage.

I finally managed to kill the bosses by ignoring the adds and just burning down the boss. The death save from the Necro's Dragon AA line certainly helped. But "ignore mechanics, burn down boss, pray that you can kill him once before he kills you twice" just doesn't feel right.
  4. girney Active Member

dont kill the archers before hitting doom. once the battle begins i kill the archers that are shooting at me and not the ones just standing there. dont kill them all or it is instant death
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

As with most of the names in this expansion, once the fight begins, look at the name's buffs, and especially at any buff that is incremented (has a number over the icon). They usually tell you pretty much what you have to do to kill the name.
  6. ravenbud555 New Member

Facing same issue... Any help? I insta die in less than 8 seconds. I tried killing and not killing the guys on the blue triangles. Doesn't matter since I die in 8 seconds or less by the stones.
  7. Chris Thompson Active Member

Just killed him for the first time, after about a half-dozen attempts. First thing I did was debuff with Absorb Magic, then Speechless (don't know if Speechless had any effect). Then I killed some of his minions (I think 3). Looks like he's got 10 of them, and each one adds to his defense. When I saw something about "stands his ground" I tried Chromatic Storm to interrupt but don't think it helped any. Also tried a Manatap, but I don't think that helped. Pretty sure it was reducing the number of minions and the Absorb Magic that let me burn him down. Ah, looks like the names in this zone (and likely others) have a buff called Shadow Defense- absorbs 5 attacks completely, and prevents pets from doing any damage. Debuff for sure.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Before you start attacking the name, it's helpful to stand at the edge of the bridge and using ranged abilities to kill six of the triangle guys, then engage the name, and try to kill about two more of the adds, then finish the name. I'm using interrupts periodically on the name, too.
  9. Shaolin New Member

I can't kill him either. No matter what I try, the Calamity of Stone gets me. If I try killing some of the archers before engaging, he starts casting Calamity anyway.

No idea how to approach this. If I attack Do'om first, and then focus on archers, I still die after kililng maybe 1 or 2 of them.
  10. Rhyker New Member

I'm having the same problem, get insta gibbed. I tried killing one add first, boss aggros and one shots me. Absorb magic does nothing.
    There are 3 bosses so far in solos that just seem ridiculously untuned or I'm completely missing something in the mechanics.
    • Do'om Calamitus
    • Nimble Rodderick
    • Kwillix Quickshot (any tips ?)
    Ive killed killiwix once but i cant kill him again he one shots me.

I was really enjoying the game and was going to purchase the upgrade but the game does not seem like its finished, some things are ok but some are just really poorly done.
    Chris Thompson likes this.
  11. Chris Thompson Active Member

Absorb magic isn't going to stop you from getting whacked. What it will do is bypass the initial 5 attacks that do no damage to Do'om, and remove the buff that prevents pets from hitting him at all.
  12. magilla667 New Member

So has anyone come up with a consistently successful strategy for this guy?
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Sure. Go a little way up the bridge, and pick off the first six adds. You have to one-shot them, so use your best Ascensions. If you don't one-shot them, the name becomes active.

The name has his back to you, so you can sneak up along one edge and pick off two more of the adds, leaving two up, then just fight the name.
    magilla667 likes this.
  14. magilla667 New Member

Well, I tried picking off 6 of them and that didn't work- got nailed on the bridge a couple times. What finally worked was bum rushing the jerk as soon as I drew its attention and going all-out dps. I think I killed 3 of the guards before he noticed me, but that was evidently enough. Thanks.
  15. Chrol Developer

Next hotfix for solo Siege Break: the akheva will now port to you when they're attacked so you don't have to keep attacking them at ranged, and they won't cause Do'om Calamitus to aggro you.
    Cisteros, Kuulei and Breanna like this.
  16. girney Active Member

why did you make Venomess Tshakez's so much harder to kill now? i used to be able to kill the adds and in between hit venomess. now, it doesnt matter whether i stay on the named or kill the adds, i die quickly. what changed? please make it doable again
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Are you promptly curing detriments? The nox is brutal.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

in the heroic you have to joust the shed, maybe it helps in the solo too?
  19. girney Active Member

tried curing nox, tried jousting, nothing consistently works.
  20. Bludd Well-Known Member

what about temping up and burning hoooord