Info Needed Hide Illusion turning itself off

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Moiya, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Moiya New Member

The check box on my Wizard keeps turning illusions back on, I check the box to turn it off but alot of times when i zone or log in I see illusions are on again and since i use various illusions for shrinking i have to go tick the box then turn off my Blessing of the Xegony and then turn on again to reshrink down and this can happen in any zone, city etc ..
    The illusions i use are Timeless Crusader & Jann Magi and the extra shrinkage one is Blessing of Xegony
    This is the ONLY toon of mine which this does it to and i have over 24 toons lol
    Manafizzle, Juraiya, Hartay and 4 others like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Blessing of Xegony has been bugged for a while now, I wish they would fix it! I just quite using it and have had no problems since I stopped using it. I used to get stuck in ranged combat all the time too.
    Juraiya and Zeddicious like this.
  3. Fauna Member

Yes, it's my arasai with Blessing of Xegony who are experiencing this persistent problem.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Moiya New Member

Prob should have said my Wizard whos a Fae lol, as for Breanna the stuck in combat i just turn off my auto attack mode
  5. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Happens to me all the time, would be nice to diagnose.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Svenone Well-Known Member

Not saying that these bugs shouldn't be fixed, but oftentimes the time allocated to find and then fix that bug is inadequate to the job. Keep in mind that finding the bugs can be tricky and time consuming, but even after they are found the solution to fixiing them may not be easy to decide or implement. Every "fix" has to be evaluated to mitigate unforeseen consequences (with apologies to Valve!), or the "cure" may well be worse than the original bug.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening for anyone?
  8. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Yes. everytime I hard-log it reticks itself for some reason.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Carynn Well-Known Member

Blessing of Xegony is the cause. I end up with my billy doll illusion showing whenever I enter the guild hall when I have both on. I PM'd you with name of character if you want to see.
  10. Ratalthor Developer

Can anyone affected by this please PM me your character name and server info?
  11. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I'll bet my hat that the reason you can't duplicate this is that you haven't tried with a fae/arasai with the Blessing of Xegony spell turned on, and who has full time spells that also involve an illusion of some sort. (Like a druid or conjuror.) It ONLY happens to me with characters who constantly use Blessing of Xegony as their mount illusion.

Frankly, if you'd made Blessing of Xegony to be a mount item that we could drop into our mount appearance - as someone there said that you all were doing years ago, and yet you didn't - this problem probably would not exist. But it's a spell, and it's tied to an illusion, which works even when "hide illusion form" is ticked, and is most likely causing a confusing interaction between that illusion and regular illusions.
    Carynn and Breanna like this.
  12. Des hen Member

This issue keep occurring for me also.
  13. Razpberry Member

it is every time you zone
  14. Fauna Member

Still occurring. Do you still want PMed details? (I wasn't currently playing when you asked before.)
  15. Cerah New Member

still happening for me. on most of my arasai/fae toons
  16. Scalo Active Member

It seems to turn off on 1st boss in new new heroic zone, VD. Most likely because the script shape-changing players.
  17. Ratalthor Developer

Yes please, if you're still experiencing the issue, if you PM me your character and server, it will help us in our investigation.

Additionally, any reproduction steps, active or recently cast illusions, etc will help us find the cause.
  18. Wisamkin New Member

I have this happen continually on all my characters once I obtain the Cloak of the Harvester and begin using Determination of the Harvester. Additionally, I have only noticed it happening if I also have my mount summoned and the illusion is incompatible with that illusion. I have dismounted, dropped the Harvester buff and prevented it from happening, maintaining my preferred illusion through zoning.
  19. Dekkart New Member

I'm having a similar issue. I unchecked Hide my Illusion Form and it keeps getting rechecked every time I zone or log out and back in. I only started noticing it after using the Group Illusion: Human spell on my level 32 illusionist. I think I initially copied my UI settings from another alt, so I don't know if it's just reverting to the original value from those settings. Sometimes, the setting change seems to stick after using a door to go to a different zone instead of a map.

On a side note, the same issue is happening to my personae reflection.