Art Suggestions/Requests

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Yeah I did that years ago, but there are some limitations. Although my crafting alley, on the cliffs in Commonlands, was awesome. I still want a bare tract GH :p
    Mercychalice likes this.
  2. LDEffectsMe Active Member

Drogmor mounts!

(And maybe instead of adding wings to old ground mounts, just add a sparkle buff around the feet when they're in the air and let them fly.)
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  3. Bleanienia New Member

Some robes, that dont have the odd, poofed up ankle pants ? as in, actual closed front robes, like from EQ1

Moar channeler body parts for the Constructs

Flavored appearence mount based on your current active ascension, (yeah i know a flying rock would be odd, but still!)

Quivers as a back appearence item that goes in the cloak slot ?

Equiptable invisible bracers (appearence slot)
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The way the animation has to work, there aren't enough "bones and whatnot in the models or clothes to keep the legs from "clipping", this we have leg cutouts.

HOWEVER, I'd be okay with non-poufy pants. How about leggings? Thigh-high boots and close-fitting pants?

Available via the Marketplace now.

These exist. You should be able to get them from a merchant at one of the city festivals (check the EQ2 Button >> Calendar)
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

How about more flared pants like the Tranquil pantaloons . . . or even the Kilts skirts? We really need some festive Gi's and kilt sets! Like the City Festival temporary Gis. . . but make them PERMANENT! We have clothes ingame that are pretty cool. . . we just need them for the characters as well. As far as clipping goes. . .. Even WoW has clipping so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
  6. Elinea Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure where else to post this, but I wonder if you could look at the animation of the vampyres in the Reign of Shadows expac. I noticed it on the "Pryce on Their Heads" quest, but then realized it's all the female vamps (at least in this expac, I haven't looked at previous content). When I'm fighting the vamps, I noticed that their hair flies off their heads and swings around in an arc over their bald heads during battle. It's really quite disconcerting o_O

edit: its only the female ones
    Geroblue likes this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I would call that interesting , It appears this vampires have hair with minds of it's own .
    Maybe they are minions that live on their heads and they should have their own attacks ,
    Like hair ball or the itchy vampire hair sting .
    Now there is something for ttobey , how about we get flying toupees and wigs as new mobs ?
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Kaennara Member

Not sure if it would go here, or if ttobey could do anything about this.... but i will post here anyway.

I wanted to make a few suggestions for costumes for NOTD this year that would be great to have.

Based on RoS
    1. The Vah Shir/ Kerran Skeletons
    2. Living (Or undead) shissar.
    3. Shadeling, Zombling, or Lichling (?)
    4. Dread horrorfiends (Tentacle-y naked and green predator dudes)

Not based on RoS
    1. Ashlok or Bubonian (Swol Rat-men)
    2. The "overgrown" kromzek in withered lands
    3. The Allu'Thoa Lizardmen

I don't know about any of you, but these would be some really cool costumes/ illusions to have in game.

(sorry about the post in the other thread! i somehow didn't know this was here)
    Schmetterling, Jinksie and Breanna like this.
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

10. Kaennara Member

Had one other suggestion. Perhaps for NOTD, the Plague masks from the Springview Healer mobs in Plane of disease be accessible via a collection or simply bought? And your choice, could change the color (black,red, spoopy colors.)
    Breanna likes this.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I thought those plague masks were already in game somewhere?
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Kaennara Member

They are, yes. But not many are going back to Planes of Prophecy or Chaos Descending, at least in my eyes? One is a drop in plane of disease heroics, i think. The other is from the CD crafting timeline...? Would be nice to have access to one a little more easily, if you ask me. :)
  13. cellinaire Well-Known Member

RoS related :

1) add back the glow to the owlbears(glowbeak & soulstarer) inside/outside instances. We had it in Beta but somehow they don't retain their glow 'once tamed'. Would be extra nice if more colors are added other than yellow.

2) can ye consider increasing the sizes for Shadeweaver Devourer familiar/petamorph : Sacred Manta/Needlite insect warder? And the manta plushie from Beta tradeskill reward needs max size increase, too. Especially the devourer familiar looks the same with sidekick pet if one doesn't look closely...

3) the clothes male Vah Shir menders are wearing don't fit with the body. I'm pretty sure there are more examples like it.

4) Will the art/appearances on celestial items (from Shadow Stalker achievement) be available 'elsewhere'? Or can they at least be packed in heirloom crate initially?
    Geroblue likes this.
  14. Grimalda New Member

Personally, I'd like to see a few more COSMETIC items for your toon's PERSONAL APPEARANCE....like a long, STRAIGHT hair option for ALL the toons, decorative/ornate headbands, perhaps a MOHAWK & a CREWCUT hairstyle, maybe some SIDEBURNS, perhaps some cosmetics for the ladies like exotic EYESHADOWS & LIPSTICKS.....but basically something to make YOUR toon look a little more PERSONALIZED & INDIVIDUAL, since EVERYONE'S toons & RACE look pretty SIMILAR, a little more VARIETY would be NICE!!!! What about a few WINGED & HORNED helmets, like those of a VIKING, or maybe a ROMAN-STYLE helmet? OR maybe an ANIMAL HEAD hide head or SKULL covering like a wolf, bear or even a DRAGON? Some FACIAL SCARS & EYEPATCHES would be pretty COOL too!!!
  15. Grimalda New Member

I'd ALSO like to see some HIGH-SEAS adventure quests, & even a few SEA BATTLES with PIRATES, (ALOT like the one with Capt. Hookwind in the Antonia Bayle questline or the quick drake attack on the way to the Queen's Colony), but really EXPANDED...It'd be REALLY COOL if they could fight a SEA SERPENT, (Maybe a PLESIOSAUR or even the LEVIATHIN sea monster from the painting!!! The gnomes could have a sort of SUBMARINE, which WAS mentioned in a few of the quests on Queen's Colony)......A few more quests with the ALLIZUASAUR/T-REX besides the chrono-portal timeline would be GREAT!!! (Who dont LOVE dinosaurs? LOL, & yes, I know about the DEINODONS on Dishan....LOVED IT!!!!) Maybe some battles with TERRORBIRDS too, (NOT the VULRICHS or PLUMEWITS, but the actual terrorbirds like the mount)..... A few ARIEL BATTLES on flying mounts & gnome airships would be really COOL too. It'd DEFINATELY add some more VARIETY, EXCITEMENT, & FUN to the game.
  16. Grimalda New Member

17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Edited. Line returns (hit the ENTER key) and less capitalization make this way more readable, if you intend for people to actually read it.
    Griffon Lady and Geroblue like this.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I don't think we'll be revisiting player character customization right now. Adding anything to them is a much bigger job than you would think. I'm pretty sure there are viking and roman style helmets in game somewhere already.
  19. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The Winged Helm of Alacritous Questing, for one.

\aITEM 1596212243 -1717386224:Winged Helm of Alacritous Questing\/a

I know there's a few from I think The Shadow Odyssey and possibly Planes of Prophecy as well. I remember seeing a Roman-esque helmet with a lightning mane on top somewhere.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Kaennara Member

I had another suggestion for NOTD. How about some more masks, that are similar to the Snarling werewolf, in animation?

-Droag
    -Boarfiend
    -Voidmen
    -Thulian (Not the lizardmen)