Upcoming PvP server - Info & Issues

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Kazooooooooooo, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

100% agree. Back on original Nagafen when it was the highest populated server, the top raid guilds dominated the server with their gear advantage (the stat difference between raid and non raid gear was much bigger at that time though) Don't get me wrong, Onyx definitely had some solid pvp'ers but when pvp specific gear came out, hardcore pvp'ers beat raiders, go figure.

No one wants or is asking for pvp specific stats like toughness. Only an alternative way to earn gear that is similar in power to pve gear by pvp'ing, because, just as formal said, there is going to 1 or 2 guilds that dominates the pve content. Which depending on the strength of gear, could mean they dominate pvp too. On a low population pvp server, there needs to be alternative ways to earn end game gear besides pve only, it is a pvp server after all.
    Formal likes this.
  2. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

So sure the EQ2 team is very small but we are talking somewhere from 2-5 pieces of raid gear with slightly lower stats because we aren't adding any new ridiculous stat like toughness. Feels like a copy paste situation in which you change the values after, I think Caith is capable of handling that.

As other have already mentioned, spot on btw, is mostly a way of balancing the power of the server more than anything. Also just one extra way to encourage players to venture out in the world. I think its worth noting some people don't care for titles and a more direct reward is just extra incentive.

That is the benefit of creating this discussion, Siren, we address flaws in systems and game mechanics before they're launched. Previous iterations of PvP gear failed because it was abuseable and the gear became the only relevant gear for PvP due to the separation of stats. Now if we can get rid of those two issues PvP is honestly a beneficial thing for the server. In the "primo years" of Nagafen PvP existed, it has always existed. It became an issue late TSO when the introduced PvP mitigation. If you want an early nagafen primo years server as you say well then you should also be a proponent of PvP gear on the upcoming server.

At the end of the day I would rather wait an extra 6 months for a decent fleshed out server. Nagafen in its heyday was once the most populated server, we know PvP can be successful. We watched WoW launch vanilla servers that are tuned correctly and they're milking money from the community. Nostalgia might be the most powerful drug out there. I Daybreak/Darkpaw builds it, they will come. Just look at Deathtolls initial launch population, it was insane until we had cleared all content the first month because it was tuned poorly and then sat in Vanilla for 5 more months before repeating the same process in TSO. If they get these right people will play.

A beta is an incredible idea. Id pay to play on a beta which is just an open testing server with on going TLE changes for both PvP and TLE. The value from the feedback they will get can not be understated.
    Silat likes this.
  3. Silat New Member

I understand that the team is small. that is why I listed this as essentially a clone of the hunter's quest. Clone the hunter's gear as well if making unique gear is too time consuming. It gives people an option for minimal effort on the dev's part.
  4. Silat New Member

I'd be happy to pay for beta as well. Just thought I'd through that out there.

Silat
  5. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

I appreciate it! I actually think if we could garner enough interest here on the forums we could show them just how successful the server could be. Tell your friends to come give their thoughts and concerns, this goes for everyone!
  6. sh33pOwner New Member

on the last TLE server we were farming all x2-x3 contested with one group (or even with 5ppl), so you just have to watching for them 24/7
  7. SevenShadows Member

If you go to the comment sections of old EQ2 PVP videos so many people reminisce about how much fun they had on the old EQ2 PVP servers. There's no doubt from me if we could get a permanent server that was locked before the ridiculous inflated stats were introduced people would come to fill the server.

As soon as we got a red post or an announcement on a ETA I'd even help by replying to those commenters on YouTube and let them know "Hey guess what, we're getting a new permanent PVP server released, come check it out" to help spread the word to those that are just out of the loop. EQ2 PVP Classic or whatever you want to call it is a winner if they can lock it in its hey day and fix a few of the balance issues that have been talked about in this thread.

I seriously can't wait and have wanted to go back home to a EQ2 PVP server for a long long time now. (fingers crossed) they pull it off.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

If/when there is an ETA to share I will definitely let you all know. There just isn't one at this time, so I don't want to put the cart before the horse so to speak.
    Beee, Siren, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  9. SevenShadows Member

Thanks for the response Dreamweaver, can't wait for the announcement :)
    Siren likes this.
  10. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Hey Dreamweaver!

I hope I can speak collectively saying we appreciate the response, it is wonderful to know you're at least keeping tabs on us PvPers. I'm hoping, with your help, some of the incredible feedback here makes it to the right people and we can see some positive changes towards a proper PvPTLP/E. As eager as we all are I think we'd all rather wait and see something launched that is more stable because if it is, I believe, PvP can most certainly thrive. If you'd like an extra contact regarding PvP/server stability it'd be my pleasure to help, I've played seriously since KoS as well as played every iteration of a TLE server with PvP. Looking forward to assisting in any way I can!
  11. Freaknik New Member

Never posted in these forums before but I lurk. My group of friends have all been patiently waiting for a PvP revival and cannot wait to come back to EQ2 if PvP is back. Please make my dreams come true.
    Siren, SevenShadows and Formal like this.
  12. sh33pOwner New Member

We’ll own you!
    Freaknik and Siren like this.
  13. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Your response was exactly what I was looking for and for that I thank you! I believe there are a number of players just like yourself that may not play anymore but keep in touch with the game in some fashion whether lurking the forums/discord or just keeping in touch with friends that do and I also believe that if those players were to speak up, like yourself, we could really display the demand for good server. I encourage everyone who has a friend like I've mentioned above to send them the link and ask them to chime in. It can only help!
    Freaknik likes this.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

Heya Sheep! Long time no see. Are you on EQ2 Discord too?
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

That's okay; we'll just keep jumping up and down at fever pitch until you weave our broken little hearts back together with the announcement we're all just dying to hear!
    SevenShadows likes this.
  16. sh33pOwner New Member

Hello my honey! I was banned on eq2 discord) So i can get news only here. I’m so waiting for a new pvp server...
    Siren likes this.
  17. 1sthandman New Member

Yes, a thousand times yes!
    I'd love to come back to this game for a fresh start pvp server! I'm a nooblet but really enjoyed my time in EQ2 and want MORE! PvP would be the hot sauce to my tacos, ya feel?
    Freaknik likes this.
  18. Drew575 Active Member

hate to sound pessimistic, but the lack of communication over the years has some of us doubting the dev teams intentions. We aren't getting any answers that are in detail other than "soon" with a possible q1 release. I don't know, but to me if we were going for a q1 release a beta should of been released by now along with some q & a's, etc.. There's a few of us who would be willing to come up with a long list of stuff that needs to be looked at before a proper release. That said I guess we'll just wait.
  19. Lovidicus Active Member

We'll be waiting with baited breath!
    Siren likes this.
  20. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

That's because there isn't more to share at this time. Soon is the best you are going to likely get from Dev at the moment and even less from me.