i hate the direction this game has taken

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Craized, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Craized New Member

so ive come back recently, but i think this may well be the shortest play through ive had in my long history of coming back to play this game.

what is the deal with the hyper inflated stats? who thought it would be a good idea to to have numbers so big, you have to stop to count the zeros to see if you're in the millions, or the billions? and who thought it would be great to have it so you either kill a mob really quickly, or it kills you really quickly? how did this stuff get so out of hand?

who thought it would be a good idea to have introductory progression "solo" content be unsoloable unless your already geared, but you cant get the gear you need to progress without first doing that content?
    i managed to get through the signature quest by playing a second account and boxing my way through. when i tried doing the solo missions required by the sig line on my berserker alone, i just hit a wall over and over again. this is not a good way to get players back.

on the subject of those solo instances, why did DB decide to make so many instant kill mechanics? and often for reasons that were so hard to figure out? its like they decided to go for frustrating and annoying rather than fun and interesting. if thats what they were aiming for, they smashed it out the park! i get that they want the content to be challenging, but i feel like this wasn't the way to do it.

so i managed to slog through the solo content via boxing, and gear up enough to buy the rank 7 gear, and 3 pieces of gear in, and what am i rewarded with for my 87 bazaar tokens and 420p? a charm item of course. you know, the item that you get two of at 245 resolve as part of doing the other part of the solo gear progression quests. RNG gear rewards are the death of enjoyment. this stuff kills games. let me choose the gear i want for my currency, put it behind a longer cool down if you wish, but dont make it RNG! theres plenty of RNG already. stuff you buy for currency should be stuff you want to buy.

and now for the worst part imo. i really really really dislike the p2w element that has crept into this game and grown to be quite significant. im paying a subscription to play this game. i should be able to access all the features of this game in a timely manner via putting in the time or effort to aquire the items needed for these things, in game without having to pay more money.

mounts
    familiers
    overseer
    spells
    mercenaries

all things required to build up a character to a suitable level to contend with the current group content, all hidden behind paywalls or ridiculous amounts of time, all designed to try and draw more money out of you.

well i wont be paying a penny extra outside of my sub for anything from this company as things stand.

i will continue to play on for a short while yet, as i play with a group of friends twice a week levelling some toons from scratch via old content from before things went so awry, but other than that, i dont have a whole lot of interest in the current content. and it seems to wane more so each time i log in (even though ive only been back playing for just over a fortnight)

/rant over
    Erudinel, Smashey, Lovidicus and 7 others like this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

You dont need to spend money for spells, mercenary or mount trainings.. you get the trainingpotions for free if you run your overseer quests daily

I decided a time ago not to spend any additional money unless i get mircus (a 7000 jadeite coins mercenary)

You can get a huge amout of platin (even enough for a Krono) for the 500 DBC every month - so there is really no need to spend any money even for AllAccsess :)
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  3. Kenn Well-Known Member

I went through the signature and joined a few PQ for gear, but still couldn't solo all the solo dungeons. What I usually do is mentor down if needed and play through the content from 2 or 3 expansions prior. More fun for me when I can do the quests and blast through everything.
    Breanna and Kaldrun like this.
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

if person writes very large messages about this game, then he perhaps really likes it even if he claims opposite ..there are groups of players who are reciprocal friends in real life and online (less often only online) and who migrate not only from server to server, but dissatisfied with state of affairs - on servers of other games.. such are tumbleweeds.. tumbleweed groups.. nomads.. and there are others, kind of hobbits - they have been sitting quietly for many years in same virtual world when their sitting in reality requires some rest and oblivion.. and if devs suddenly, as if by some kind of magic, will make this game correct and interesting for those who, for some reason, are dissatisfied with it, then these two categories will still act in their former spirit.. some will continue to drive their horses from server to server, from one game to another, while others continue to drink tea with honey in their hobbit dwellings, looking calmly out window and talking about times when and they, for some unknown reason, were accede similar nomads..
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can really help yourself a lot on solo content. There's a RoS gear guide you can read through.

Just gearing with stuff from Tishan's Lockbox, I was able to get my fairly useless Mystic through about half the sig line thus far. Admittedly, getting her through it hasn't been my number one priority. Even with a mercenary, she doesn't do tons of DPS. I think, though, that healers pretty much have been getting buddies to duo solo stuff with for a while now.

They have adjusted most of the one-shot mechanics to just be painful big hits. If you just assume the mob may have a one-shot, you can use interrupts, stuns, dazes, etc. to avoid them, mostly. Especially in Beta the Shadel bandits in Savage Weald were kicking my hiney, and still can if I overpull too many of them.

Yeah, I keep getting earrings, cloth forearms, and belts. But that's sort of the nature of RNG. You get much better loot if you actually get a group and run the actual heroics (and yes, I realize this isn't easy, I have folks from my raid that run heroics here and there). It wouldn't be a good thing to allow the purchasable loot box completely reproduce all heroic loot, so what it gives you mostly is going to be frustrating dreck.

As Bee mentioned, you can get training potions for all of that stuff via the Overseer Feature, no RMT required. The page I linked is on the wiki, and contains detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to get going with Overseers.

I will say up front that most of what I get from the Overseers is trash. I save the Essences of Chaos and Fragments of Planar Energy to craft into Empyral Deity Infusers, which can be used in place of plat infusing. You will get more Overseer Agents. You will get out-of-date potions (I dump them into a potion depot just for convenience, then sell everything from that depot when I have time). You will get Empyral Forcelinks, Painlinks, and whatever the third type is that I can't think of just now, which are useful, especially if you are having trouble with a zone. Using the appropriate link can boost your health or other stats.

And we get barding slot unlockers, Deity-Layer infusers (from the daily Heritage Chest Overseer Quest), status baubles (also from the daily chests), and all the training potions. Also, lots of rares, which are useful or which you can sell for decent plat.

What server are you on? Name of toon? If we can look you up on EQ2U, we may be able to help guide you to best optimize your stuff.
    Breanna, Lateana and Beee like this.
  6. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

You aren't alone in how you feel, in fact far from it.
    Erudinel, Lovidicus, Jrox and 3 others like this.
  7. Zen Master formless, shapeless

8. exeq2player Member

I did the last expansion and overall it was frustratingly slow. I soloed everything with my SK and a merc, no group, guild or without paying for anything but my sub. Now I do all the solo content without a merc once I got my gear and spells up. I did enjoy it but I have to agree, not sure I like where this game is going either. I am not in much of a rush to buy the new expansion to repeat that again so soon. (I just bought the previous expansion 4 months ago I think.)
  9. Jamzez Active Member

I would pay for a level locked to level 95 tlp server instead of what the dev team turned the game in to.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Your RNG is likely significantly better than mine. While I do see merc/mount training pots with some frequency (like once a week) and yes, I do the Overseer quests daily. Spell reduction pots however, are quite another story. I might see one once a month and I can assure you, one of those monthly isn't going to get the job done---especially once you've hit 120. I've estimated once before, if you rely on research alone, it's something like 5 years to get all your spells to GM. Yes, you can craft your spells to expert fairly easily, but after that, if you're thinking of doing something more than solo content, be prepared. The problem with Micrus is he's 7000K coins; again I don't know what you're experience is with earning Jadeite coins, but it's typically 3 and occasionally 10. In order to accumulate that amount of coin would mean an investment of at least 2.5-3+ years. Frankly, I haven't seen a merc that is that good that you're still using it years later due to the stat inflation and merc battalion buff. And yes, Micrus can drop as a reward for daily OS, albeit rare. I've never seen it and one of the guildies has gotten 2 of them already.
    Moonfyre, Mizgamer62 and Argosunited like this.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

GM Spells can be done easy via craft (wihout precondition, so 1x master scroll is enough)
    Anient need the spell researcher potions. Yes they are rare but you can run about 30 overseer missions (or a little bit more) per day.
  12. EmJay Well-Known Member

Unless I'm mistaken, you can run 10 current season overseer missions and 10 charged missions per day. Would like to know how you are able to do 30 plus per day.
  13. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

The numbers really are crazy, though commas in the damage and heal numbers would go along way to making it less annoying.
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

You can run more charged missions per day.. the only limit is 10 charged missions (running or at cooldown) at the same time
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

And the operative word is 'master scroll." If you can find them on the broker, they're always in the millions of dollars. The average player isn't going to have that kind of plat hanging around. Let's get serious here--and honest. The average player is going to have a great deal of difficulty getting ahead in this game given the current loot mechanics and drop rates. And 20 charged missions? They have the same timer as regular missions. You can pick up 10 a day. And ofc, you need a lot of mercs and familiars trained up because they're on timers as well.
    Moonfyre, Mizgamer62 and Pixistik like this.
  16. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

This ^ x2
    Kaldrun and Mizgamer62 like this.
  17. Randalph EQ2Wire Ambassador

When an EQ2 veteran tells you to "just do" something take it with a grain of salt.

When an EQ2 veteran tells you when something is easy and just go do X, Y and Z, take it with a grain of salt and be prepared to do content from several expansions ago and listen to them tell you how its fun and should be needed for new players.

When an EQ2 veteran says there are plenty of groups going, dont fkin believe a word they are saying.
    Amybelle, Erudinel, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  18. Kaldrun Member

This made me think. I will admit , I was one of those players that had the mindset of "hey, I had to grind and quest for like 3 weeks to get that ((insert uber item here)) you should have to as well". But, if it would bring people back or draw new players, I would have no problem with almost any previous expac uber item to be available via a merchant. Definitely the xpacs before the last...that should be a given. I mean, the people who grinded and quested for it when it was current also got to use it when it was current so whats the problem? Maybe omit the last big shiny item that was available right at the tail end of the previous expansion...i don't know.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not necessarily. On rare occasions, Ancient spell upgrade scrolls drop. And you can research a spell to Ancient over time. Or you can spend real money to accelerate research if you have deep pockets and just want to.

The spell research potions are a nice shortcut, but not essential.
  20. Kittybock Well-Known Member

The main complaint I've heard this expac revolves around the scripting required in solos and heroics. While some can stay in the game hours on end, for others there is a set amount of time they can invest in running either solo or heroics. While some love heavily scripted content, others don't care to give up the chunk of time required and are taking a break from the game. Players ran solos repeatedly in CD and BoL. Not seeing that this expac.

Moving forward, perhaps review each zone re: how long it should take an average player and/ or group at outset of expac vs. later in expac? Players ran solos/heroics repeatedly in CD and BoL. Not seeing that this expac.