Fixed Internally Dhalgar's Last Call, Stein of Recollection, and Tavernkeepers

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I got Dhalgar's Last Call from ToT, but I also own a Stein of Recollection. Ideally, I'd like to set one to port to Sanctus Seru and the other to port to The Bazaar in RoS.

The tavernkeepers don't give me a choice, however. They should let me set one or the other. As it is, I can only use the Stein of Recollection this way, and Dhalgar's Last Call can't be reset from the last location I set it before I got the Stein.
    Tkia, Xianthia, Kasa and 4 others like this.
  2. Zen Master formless, shapeless

I support this idea.
  3. Gelenor Well-Known Member

So this is now the "Bugs Report and Suggestions" channel for the forums.. as this is how it has been for over 5 years.

The community manager closed down another thread as another player dared to suggest a change that was similar, after you in 2021... Since 2015 you could bind at bar with one not to two bars with call and stein. Same result as it has been for years, however in 2021 you want it to apply to two different bars. but because you mention it now in 2021. And I am sure it will be changed as you mentioned it. Waiting for your "I post regularly" title from the community manager.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The community manager asked us to consolidate the threads together. Usually you keep the oldest thread, unless the later thread has lots more information in it relevant to the problem. This makes sense, as the number of Likes on the OP of a bug thread has some impact on how devs rank a given issue.
    Wulfgyr and Breanna like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since we had to do a sig line to get one Call and pay money to get the Stein, I don't think asking to be able to use each independently is a stretch. If this has been an issue since 2015, then it's been a bug that hasn't been sufficiently pushed on.
  6. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Actually anyone could ask for a nickname change on discord. Those aren't titles, those are people asking for silly things and Sigrdrifa is right, the thread was closed because one already existed. Which is normal for this forum.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. MSG1 Member

there is also an old LON card game craftable stein tavern bind that should probably be added to this list as well, as well as any others that may exist
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Here's an ACTUAL bug to report: My Dhalgar's Stein actually doesn't bind to the bartenders. I told the one in Seru that I wanted to set my Last Call to port to there... and it still takes me to Maldura. I told the bartender in Shar Vahl to set my Last Call to port to her... and it still takes me to Maldura.
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  9. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Stein of the Alesmith is the other LoN stein.

I would like to see an easy-to-obtain stein teleport in future game content. Dhalgar's Last Call is a meta-collection.
  10. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Now that is a good question, isn't it?

I'd originally thought it was based purely off posting volume - but considering Sigrdrifa has over 8,000 more posts and 11,000 more likes than the individual in question and is also "Well-Known Member," it's got to be something else. Given how many other things get mixed up, I wouldn't be surprised if the forums are consolidating post counts from EQ1 & EQ2 together.

Or perhaps it is counting DMs as well, which would indicate they are sending far more harassing messages than previously considered.

Edit: Checked the number of posts by that individual on the EQ1 forum and it's similar to here - so even combined, Siggy would have over 6,000 more. However, their title also reflects "Veteran EQ1 Player" there. Perhaps there's an "undocumented" forum feature to change one's title that I didn't see in a quick spin through the account settings. Not sure how else it would be changed, unless by someone with a red-name.

Edit 2: Found it, can't believe I missed it the first time. Click the "down" arrow next to your forum name at the top of the page. Select "Personal details", and there is now an option for "Custom Title," right under your avatar.
    Breanna and Tkia like this.
  11. Chrol Developer

Fix is in - will hopefully get it out for the next hotfix, but if not, then the one after for sure.
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  12. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Given all my prior posts were deleted that referenced the constructive and important contributions of a veteran EQ2 player who conceptualized the Kingdom of Sky expansion in 2005, I will see if this sticks.

The hot fix change removes the conflict between Call of Dhalgar and Stein of Recollection, but will wait to see if it allows both to be used on two separate tavern keepers. No mention of the other LON item from the 2 charged recipe.. Stein of Alesmith, that does the same thing.
  13. Chrol Developer

It will.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Cool! I hadn't ever noticed this. I changed my title :p
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Which? it will allow Stein of recollection/Alesmith and Call of Dhalgar to allow you to bind at two different bars... OR it will include Stein of Alesmith?