Raider's Digest - February 2021

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gninja, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Quendie New Member

The change will make the game boring, we have nothing to do
    Randalph likes this.
  2. Panthalon New Member

She is right, every time there are enough players complain, you change the mechanics into the ridiculous. You take the crystals from the game, which can be found without any problems, but require the new raid components in the recipes for the raid weapons, you may increase the drop rate of the lashings but what about the Vial of Aphotic Breath. Every one or two raid evenings 2 pieces, that is 25 raid evenings with timers of up to 3 days. Prefer to work on useful construction sites that are ingame.
    Lateana and Beee like this.
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The new components are not required, they or the crystals can be used or a combination of the crystals and the raid drops can be used.
  4. Elgo Member

If you really descide to bring new random crates for raid curracy, please give us an option to buy crates without getting more complete useless weapons in half of the crates. 3 different crates for armour, weapons and the rest may be something that makes more sense.
  5. Sadus Member

please bring something to the game without having to rely on luck. no more rng please
    Big Jase and Lateana like this.
  6. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Disagree with 1, because guilds are already killing the last version of mobs in vex. If everyone got the item off the kill, why else would we raid. It should be a drop, but one, like with the lashings.
    Totally agree with 2 as RNG has pretty much killed it. My mage alt is almost as geared as my main, because well RNG lol. There needs to be some type of pattern returned to the game, because watching plate, plate, plate, plate or cloth, cloth, cloth drop gets old fast. The hardest mob that currently is bineg killed drops 1 245 resolve item, but mobs in the other two raid zones drop multiple loots. It needs to be fixed as well.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  7. Perciful Active Member

Gninja, thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is a hidden mechanic that now has caused some to have expended and wasted Bazaar Crowns at the Bazaar currency merchant. With that said, you may have missed the original intent of my post - I have completed the Spiritual Bedlam quest and my journal reflects that. It is the RNG mechanic that is so far keeping me from obtaining the twisted rod of balanzite. I have spent well over 2000 Bazaar Crowns at the Bazaar merchant after finishing Spiritual Bedlam Quest and the only thing I consistently get back are the Harmonic items. There is a requirement for the Sceptor of Illumination hidden behind RNG that may not be working correctly or is like winning the lottery. There are other examples of this mechanic mentioned in this chain as well. Another item of note is that the Bazaar Currency Merchant Crown Receptacle changes from Tier 7 to Tier 5 for some unknown reason that I cannot I.D. If I take 4 - 5 pieces of equipment off my character or if I swap to Harvesting gear the Crown receptacle changes to tier 5. No rhyme or reason to what is happening.

SolarFaire likes this.
  8. Randalph EQ2Wire Ambassador

I think some of the changes are bad as it gives us even less to do. There is currently nothing to do in the game, at all. That said, what about the elephant in the room? I honestly dont care much for new raids and new mechanics if the LAG is not sorted. Its been going on for a year and every time you see a developer post about the game its kicked to the corner.

The dev team is aware of the crippling lag on US servers, right? And when can we expect it to be fixed or at least better?
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Might want to go back to what No. 1 actually said, as it had nothing to do with specifically killing last mob. I was commenting on uncomplicating quests like the weapon, which has multiple items for the recipe of which if the item actually drops, only one person in raid actually gets it. When you have 4-5 items required and only one drops per raid and you have 24 raiders competing, do the math. Items 2 and 3 both discussed RNG as it impacts raid loot rewards, but also touched on the randomness of raid drops.
    As far as 'what else are raiders going to do?' is not an excuse to gate content because there's so little of it in the game. Going 6-8 months doing the same content week after week trying to get components for a weapon or seeing the same damn armor type dropping in the same instance with no variety is frustrating as well as how dysfunctional the RNG/Loot table combo is working. It's not an effective system and people are getting tired of it and that's why droves are leaving. When you're spending more time harvesting for stuff than you are actually doing adventuring, something is severely amiss.

That said, just be honest with your player base when addressing issues. Most of us were hysterically laughing at a recent comment made with what was going with essentially killing PQs by a patch because "the celestials had the same drop rate as common loot." Most of us equated that observation with a similar statement by a recent member of Congress that "the wildfires in North America were caused by Israeli lasers located in orbit around Earth." I still chuckle when I read that. I'm reminded of the movie "Aliens" when Ripley came back in the room with the Corporate types and said, "Did IQs drop sharply when I left the room?" We all get the pain going on, but honesty goes a long way.
    SolarFaire, Lateana and Sigrdrifa like this.
  10. Gninja Developer

Is that with a complete clear of the zone or just the first couple named? The more of the zone you clear the more of the fuels you should get.
    SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  11. Flatline Well-Known Member

Ill just chime in, that its fairly easy to make account unlocks NON exploitable. While assumption etc. i am assuming that you're referring to the trading of items in raid zones, unlocking for 1 and using on another is what youre (primarily) referring to.

The easy fix to this -while its a change of logic for EQ2 - is ... dont reward items from the crates, reward "tokens"
    Ie. "Tier 11 Bracer Token".

Then allow the account unlock to happen at the point in time where the token is spend by purchasing a "Tier 11 bracer" using the token.

The tokens can be no-trade, "Tradeable once while in zone", Totally free to trade, as such it does not matter for gearing, as 1 token = 1 gear piece and 1 unlock for the account at the point of purchase.

This should eliminate exploits as i see it ? (im sure there is loopholes, like moving a toon with a token to another account BUT not sure that counts as an exploit :) )

Regards
  12. Shakacon Member

Flatline, I like your thinking. That is a great idea! I do so miss my raid unlockers...

Gninja, thank you for the insight into where the game is headed and why...We do appreciate all that you do very much. Please never think anyone is complaining about you for you are and have always been top-notch in my book!

For those who say celestials are plentiful...I say not so much...I have spent thousands of Bazaar coins I earned completing PQs to purchase the RNG chests...and about 80% of the time I seem to get what I call the Cotton Candy Wand (it is actually called Harmonic Spirit Caller/Warrior Baton). Also, I have completed numerous weekly quests and raid quests and have yet to get anything above fabled. I currently only have 12 of the Cotton Candy Wands because I have run out of alts who can use it and I have muted some as well. My husband laughs at me because he does half of the PQs and Zones that I do, but he has three celestial weapons sitting in his bags that he told me he recently salvaged. /sigh I know it is my own fault for having crappy dice on the loot table rolls...but it would be nice if our loot table rolls were just a little smarter.

I do not mind harvesting, but I must admit I was surprised that raiders in general were being forced to do so. I know some raiders whose mining skill is super low.. because they do not enjoy crafting/harvesting and avoid it like the plague. Even though, I don't mind harvesting, I do agree that the crystals do seem to be on the extremely rare side. I have two harvesters...one with 73% rare harvest chance (and 112% bountiful harvest) and the other toon with 54% rare harvest chance. So far, my 73% rare harvest chance girl has been the only one to loot any crystals with both of them harvesting the same amount of time. I have a total of 3 so far...Lol, I have spent more time shadow harvesting than it took me to do the two signature questlines and two crafting questlines added together. So, for those who have not found any, get your rare harvest up to 73% to increase your odds...

Gninja, I do appreciate you trying to get them to give us something to spend our raid coin on...but it would be nice if we had more than one choice of item to purchase. :)
    Flatline likes this.
  13. Flatline Well-Known Member

And that is exactly why i wish we would go from an RNG to a "Effort vs. Reward" system. The crappy dice logic is just ... horrendous for some and not an issue for others. Fun part is .. (well fun and fun) it always seems to be the same people who got the good dice and the same people who got the ... less good dice? :)

heck i could swear that one of my alts got all the good dice - i dont play him much sadly due to above - and the main ... got the crappy ones :p