Fixed Internally Spirit of the Wolf poofs when you zone

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Magilla665, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Magilla665 New Member

Thread title says it all.
    Just started a Mystic alt. Thrilled when I could finally cast SoW.
    But it fades- no matter how long is left on the buff- whenever I zone.

Not a cool thing, IMHO.
    Thanks.
    PS: Someone in chat said it's happening with other buffs too, but SoW is the only one I know about.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Yes, I've been submitting /bug reports on SoW periodically for a couple of years now, to no avail. And there have been reports about other buffs dropping on zoning on here too. It's happened before and has been fixed and it needs to be fixed again.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I've heard of this happening. This sounds like the bug that was narrowed down to characters who focused their AA skills in some of the later tabs early on. It's because, even though they've opened up all AA tabs to all levels now, the later tabs (Dragon and Heroic, and possibly Shadows) were not originally available for characters under a certain level. Now that we can use those AA skills for all levels, they never fixed some of the code and the way it interacts with those levels.

I know, it seems odd that SoW would be affected, but all buffs are by this. Look at your AA selections - are you selecting options in some of the later trees? (Shadows, Heroic, Dragon) If so, this falls under that bug. If not, then there's a new bug.

It would be helpful if the devs knew whether this falls under that. I suspect that it does; they really need to fix it, but I have the feeling they don't understand all of the nuances.

ETA: If this IS that bug, then once you reach a certain level (60, iirc?), the problem will go away. It's at the earlier levels that it happens, because the game gets confused by the AA selections.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

Nope. Confirmed it on my level 100 warden who's been around since launch and filled her tabs as they showed up. And it's been the most annoying on my level 79 warden on Kaladim who doesn't have the later tabs TO fill up and has had the problem since she first got sow before we even had AA. Having to recast on every zoning on that server before she had a mount and given the convoluted transport routing nearly drove me nuts.

It's also a very old bug that seems to re-occur periodically. At its very worst some years ago just about every buff was going down on zoning for everybody. They had to jump on that one rather faster than normal ;)
    Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  5. Chris Thompson Active Member

It's a level 15 mystic. Haven't spent any AA points. (Yeah I am also Magilla)
  6. Nazy Well-Known Member

My Mystic has this problem too. It's not that bad because I tend to hit that button whenever I'm bored and my group ward isn't up.

Another buff that always needs to be recast whenever we zone: Shadowknight's ability Bloodletter. Apparently it's not supposed to be like that but confirmation is still needed.
    Triad likes this.
  7. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this issue internally. If this is still happening to you, please PM me your character name and server so we can copy your character for testing.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

I've been running my warden around on Kaladim and it seems to be fixed for her. I can't speak for any problems with other buffs as I only ever had the problem with SoW, but this is the first time I've seen it stay up for the full 45mins while zoning since the launch of the server.