Fixed Internally Kaladim TLE: Overseer rewards issue.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by TastyDianna, Jul 14, 2020.

1. TastyDianna Member

Apologies if this was already brought up to the development teams, but I wanted to submit a report for the Overseer system.

There are 3 main issues with it, specific for the TLE server.

Issue 1: It grants items which are no longer existing in game, nor used by any crafting profession. It causes a huge load on the inventory and fills up lots of space, requiring manual 1 by 1 item deletion.
    [IMG]

As you can see, my bags are full mostly with crafting items granted by the Overseer, some of which are not even in use - like the allspice in the image. I couldn't reproduce this on the Live servers.

Solution: I recommend either looking at the reward table for TLE and reworking it, or providing an option to deny rewards. There is only an 'Accept' button, with no option to refuse rewards which you or do not need.

Issue 2: Quests which were supposed to be permanent are instead "Charged" with only 1 attempt on TLE, meaning when they expire, we cannot do them again, nor buy them from the Overseer NPC, as it does not exist on TLE. A perfect example for that is the quest called "Eliminate Warlord Ix Acon". This was an Overseer quest I got from buying the Premium Blood of Luclin expansion. As this is a 1 per account only reward, in essence I mean I got 'screwed' out of an item, which was part of a pretty expensive pack. I cannot claim this reward again, nor get this quest back as it is now completely gone from the list and there is no NPC to buy it from on this server.

[IMG]

Solution: Please enable this NPC on the TLE servers or relook at the "Charged" system on this server. Or please bring back my quest pack, which was part of something costing me 160$ with VAT.

Issue 3: After Season 2 was announced, the Overseer system on TLE got broken like this, as it began rewarding the weird items shown in Issue 1 or having 1 time only "Charged" quests in Issue 2 with no way of getting it.
    We are stuck with only 2 available quests per day - "Raja the Sunspeaker's Staff" and "Save Lord Pardun from Queen Marrowjaw", which are lowest of quality - meaning lowest quality rewards.
    The few times we get a fabled/legendary quest as a reward, it is doable only a single time with no means to rebuy it, despite what the Season 2 Notification said when I became lvl 11.

This creates an issue because leveling up is tedious with only 2 quests per day and the rewards are completely subpar due to the low rarity of said quests. Not to mention, being higher level doesn't at all provide better/different rewards. I get same 'trash' I got at level 11 and now at level 13.

Solution: Season 1 worked perfect for TLE. Quests did not expire and the rewards were collectibles or rare harvest items. Would it be possible to bring it back for Kaladim?

Apologies again for my post. I think that this system is very cool and has the potential to be very fun and rewarding, but for TLE it is just a headache and an annoyance more than anything. I do not want to complain, but for a server which charges money to play on and for a system which an expansion was purchased - I believe it is fair that I request something to be done.

I am aware people have issues with itemisation on TLE and a patch was rolled out fairly quickly. Why can't a patch be made to resolve Overseer issues, some of which were reported back in January from my research.

I am not an experienced coder, but from my limited practice, it shouldn't be a hard thing to do to rework or redo a loot table for this system? May I suggest simply removing the harvest items from the loot table on Kaladim? Or at least make sure it actually rewards items from an existing pool of materials, actually in use with the modern data base. Last I checked 'allspice' hasn't been used in any recepie since 2005. Or at least add a 'Refuse' button, to deny the awful level 1 harvest items which are there to simply clog my bags.

TL;DR - Please look at the awful rewards on TLE ever since Season 2 started and remove the harvest items from the loot table as they are not used in the game since 2005.

Please provide an option to rebuy Charged quests by introducing the Overseer NPC or remove this function from TLE. Quests which are supposed to be permanent on your account are completely gone on Kaladim with no option to get them back.

Please allow us to do more quests per day or make the Overseer levels matter as on TLE as for now rewards are always the same despite rarity of quest or level of the system.

Thank you for reading. Hope I get a response for this.
    Zooeyzz, Breanna, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  2. Caith Developer

The missing overseer NPC should now be visible on Kaladim, and we'll be cleaning up all of those old "dead" harvestables that don't drop from harvest tables anymore and fixing the missing season 2 adventure and minion items.

Adding something like a refuse button would put a substantial burden on CS with requests for reimbursements due, so that isn't an option unfortunately.
    Breanna likes this.