Best pure healing class

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Soulbane, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Soulbane New Member

HI all i'm very new to eq2 and was wondering which priest class most would say is the best pure healing class . And does race really play much of a factor in which class you should take .
    thanks all :)
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Race doesn't make a huge amount of difference. Pick a race whose rear end you won't mind looking at ;-)

All the priest classes heal and cure. You need different types working together in raids. In solo and groups, any healer class properly equipped and who knows the class should be able to solo heal.
  3. Nekre Active Member

You dont really need " Different types working together." Its Fury and Templar that are the best solo healing classes hands down. Channeler is the best if played right, but need to pay for the class.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

Channeler can also throw down decent dps. Nothing touches Fury now with ready up resetting HotS and Devour, but channeler is ok
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Nekre Active Member

^^^
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Channeller for stability.The bulk of their healing is passive and involves interception, so effectively healing before the damage is applied to the character, but without the horrible bleedthrough of wards. With the way combat works right now, and your health being either full or empty 99.9% of the time, you can't beat interception and damage reduction over heals and wards.

But the class is a learning curve, probably moreso than the other healers.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Soulbane New Member

Thanks very much for the help folks :)
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

no there's no PURE healer
    if u think just healing

if u take fury, they have nice damage potential and with AAs .. they can also heal by doing damage ... other priests can have similar stuff.

don't expect to just heal .. that's an issue with most healers, they don't want to use damage spells during a fight ... but it's necessary and sometimes needed. U don't need to perma heal (ward/HoT/reactives .. and so on allow you to do damage between heals), and u shouldn't perma heals

that's why there's no pure healer in EQ2 where u can just group and forget all your damage spells. The healers that do that are bad/lazy players who just want to do the minimum and be carried through dongeons
    Mermut and Soara2 like this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Read the descriptions for the various healer classes and decide which one resonates with what you think you'd like to do. One thing I can tell you after years in this game, don't make your character decision based on what's "hot" right now. Unfortunately, despite promises over the years, DPG simply can not achieve class balance across the lines. As those of you who play healers can attest to, shamans have been invincible and so have wardens, inqys, etc. So what's hot right now may not be hot in the future. Look at the class descriptions and roll a healer you might want to play. Heck, pick a few, roll 'em up and level them to 20 just to get the flavor. Select your favorite because that's the one you'll come back to over the years.
  10. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Templar is solid across the board for heals....less of a learning curve for you and is generally good starting healer.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I belief what you really wanted to ask is the healers with the most direct heals , no going through things like reactant healing
    or such .
    I think that would be any of the 2 druids .
    But like the others said there is no such a thing as a pure healer , how would you be able to do any solo contend ?
  12. Muffincookie Active Member

Sry for replying to an old thread. But just curious what makes Fury and Templar top choises?
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

fury = great buffs and lots of healing tools like cheetah (dr and speed boost)
    templar = lots of tools to keep people alive, especially main tank. also got an epic hammer to epicly hammer hammer-able things
  14. Muffincookie Active Member

what is "dr" ?
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Bludd Well-Known Member

damage reduction
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The one problematic thing I've found with Templars/Inquisitors is that their casting times are ssllloooowwwww. And the whole "benefit" of wearing Plate armor doesn't seem to always help all that much. I've found the "squishier" leather-wearing Druid types, the Furies and Wardens, to be more effective, but I always (well, 99.9%) solo, so casting speed is what makes or breaks my adventures for me. :)

Your mileage, as they say, may vary, Soulbane. :) Like Bhayar says, go with what works best for you. :)

Oh, and has a rear end you wouldn't mind looking at for awhile... :D

Uwk
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I played both, Clerics and Druids, and a I have to say both have stuff I love and stuff I don't like so much.
    So, let's put on our thorn skins, hit the bad guys with infusion and use that Verdict to finish them of, but not before we bring out our fairy and the healing tree and then use Odyssey to go home with our loot.
  18. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Channeller specced, geared and played well was absolutely godly in BoL and RoS - nothing came close. Not sure where they stand in VoV or whether any good ones still play. If I was tanking though and I was given the choice of any healer class to solo heal the group, I wouldn't even look at the rest, I'd go channeller.
    Soara2, Twyla and Suidakra like this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yikes they heal by arrow a pain lo level up when they are little, even more so than any clerics, but yes as soon as they hit AA ,
    they get much better.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  20. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i main a tempy for raids...

tempy's use reactives and force-heals, which means they mainly heal through pre-casting or spells that force the mob to heal when a player gets damaged. they also do mitigation debuffs which also interrupt the mobs casts at the same time. they have seriously powerful heals, but take a long time casting. they do have a few direct heals, but rely on the reactives more. they also have excellent buffs and have the "holy grail" for pulls... sanctuary, which is immunity for everything for a period of time. of course they do get their throwing temp pet hammer too as mentioned. they're usually one of a set of MT healers.

the downside is, like the mystic they're painful to raise due to their lack of dps skills at all compared to say the fury. if you play on a TLE that's compounded by the lack of AA's. they do have a learning curve and with the slow heals timing is everything.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.