Overseer mercs and familiars

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Amaal, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Amaal Member

I have a question on how they give you a selection of what mercs and familiars you can use on a quest. I have a celestial merc and an RoS familiar which really help with the bonus chance and mishap chances. However, these are sometimes not even listed for some quests. Why is that? You would think that your whole list of mercs and familiars should be able to be selected from.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

They can only be sent on one mission per character at a time. I have not run into any missions I can't send them on. The only restrictions I know of is the Merc needs to be unlocked to 'Hire Anywhere'. The Familiars are available once added to your collection.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I know what the OP is saying. Depending on the mission only a partial set of Mercs is available. That changes from mission to mission and is not being affected by their use on another mission. It is as though each mission has certain requirements to be met before you can see them.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

So I believe I read somewhere that Overseers are going to be discontinued. Is this true, anyone know? I never have really gotten into Overseers although I do have some. Don't really know what to do with them, to be honest. There are many parts of game that I don't use ... reforging for instance. Guess that is our prerogative to play what is important to each of us. I don't raid much either although many of my gals are in guilds .. for the camaraderie and crafting.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

Weird, I don't think I've ever experienced this. If I have more than one merc of a specific quality (legendary, fabled)available, it picks one from the list and I can't change which one of the quality level. But I have never had it occur where I had a fabled merc unassigned (or legendary, or treasured) and didn't have an option for a fabled merc to go on a mission.
    Bhayar and WhysperWynde like this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I haven't experienced it either. An individual mission doesn't change what attributes are required for it. Some I know exactly what agents I'm going to use every time it comes up. What does change is availability of agents/mercs/familiars based on the length of the mission. You have two tabs you want to pay attention to: agents available and agents on cooldown. Hey, they're tired and the union requires a break. It's pretty fundamental; just spend some time learning the mechanics and go from there.
  7. Amaal Member

I know that if I have no missions going, and I set up one and then go to choose a merc, I do not see my entire list of mercs that I have.
    Lateana likes this.
  8. Melkior Well-Known Member

This is correct. You see one of each quality level. There's no real reason to distinguish them beyond that. The quality level is the only thing that determines how much they increase mission success.
  9. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I just went through my list of quests without committing and I get a different list each time i look at it. That is without having anyob cool down, being used , etc. And I am not seeing one of each quality either. Something more is going on.
    Rarkevan likes this.
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

You should absolutely bug that then. For me, I have no issues assigning one fabled or celestial merc to every quest I have active. (I have a fair number of them on each of the toons I run quests on) Generally speaking they seem to appear in the same order for me, but I've never tested it by not committing and trying a different mission. I'll have to look at that next time I am in game.

One thing that just occurred to me is that maybe there's a problem with legendary or treasured mercs? I only have a handful of those promoted to hire anywhere, and since I never actually assign them to quests they always appear in the list. Just trying to float some ideas out there.
    Lateana likes this.