Aten Ha Ra: Vexing Confrontation

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Twofeets, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Twofeets Active Member

Clicking the triangles may block one AE, but she almost immediately casts another. Unless you can burn her fast, she appears pretty much unkillable at the moment.
    Dronk and Lucutious like this.
  2. Xaretix.Skyfire New Member

Still have not figured the mechanics out on this, anyone have this licked yet? I don’t have the DPS to power through it right now and the triangles seem to be useless
  3. Mysiak New Member

Hey i got same problem with this boss, couldnt kill it fast and she wiped me always with that spell casted, even when i touched portals, what helped me to kill her was i tried to stun,stifle/disrupt her during that spell cast and it actually worked.
    Breanna and Twofeets like this.
  4. Dronk New Member

This got worse with the latest patch. Before you could just dps through the script and drop the mob, which I understand was not the intent. Now there's actual blocks in place to prevent Aten's health from dropping so that the script can execute, but the script executes out of order, or way too quickly, or incorrectly. I had to stop pet dps, stop merc dps, stop auto-attack, and only cast a single spell at a time to move the script along safely. Even with that, I had Umbral being cast on me without Furtive Glance being cast, and cases where Aten says "Umbral Detonation" without casting anything, then I die from the effect. Something is entirely out of balance on this mob.
  5. Noxnoctis New Member

Yeah, stinks for those of us who have yet to complete it for the achievement. Typical over reaction instead of actual fixing it.
  6. Mysiak New Member

I thought you made this boss less often cast Umbral spell which kill you if you dont click portal, but now it was remade into even worse scenario, two portals/triangles spawn during her casting the spell Umbral on which one portal kill you and other dont if you click on it, and it is not written or visible on portals/triangles which is which so you need to right click with mouse and check descriptions if its not disruptive one, this is taking too long time and before you realize this you are death , Also now you cant disrupt boss with stun or stifle to stop casting that spell too so its now much harder and dmg on her you can do is now capped on between phases on when she casts this Umbral spell again, and only if you click right portal and survive you can dmg her further otherwise she got invincible stoneskin. Also if you dmg her fast she starts casting Umbral spell again and not spawn triangles/ portals and then you are dead for sure. At least pls adjust portal/triangles so they are visible from range if its disruptive one or other one, and make sure portals/triangles are always spawned when she casting Umbral spell.
    Thank you.
  7. Chrol Developer

These issues will be addressed next hotfix, thanks.
    Cropster, Breanna and Beee like this.
  8. ThurgyMonk New Member

What Achievement does this contribute towards? Doesn't seem to be any after completing Vexing Confrontation mission

It is still possible to complete this just take it slow, don't try and stun/stifle boss as she casts Furtive Shadows/Umbral Detonation, and click the correct triangle each time she casts Umbral ( they have names Furtive Shadows and Disrupted Shadows ) if you hover your mouse over them. Furtive = good, Disruptive = bad.
  9. Cropster Active Member

Just finished trying to beat the zone. the problem my wife and I had was that randomly after the umbral detonation was interrupted there were times that the triangles did not render and we were not able to click the furative triangle to progress the script. Thus the mob just remained immune until we either died or evaced.
  10. Bianqa BIANQA - Fury Halls of Fate

Still borked after last week's patch. Unless the 20th is the hotfix.
  11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm unable to get Vexing Confrontation. Have not done that zone since the update, tried to get quest today but the option for Vex wasn't available.
  12. Chrol Developer

PM me your character name and server and I'll get you squared away.
    Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  13. Arclite Well-Known Member

Is this still broken? She stays at 89%, clicking portal kills you, killing adds does nothing.
  14. Nunja Well-Known Member

I spent hours this morning on my defiler and it is still broke. Sometimes would get the text that says umbral detonation for a few and then nothing dead......rinse and repeat 13 times. Gave up.
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

After the text you have about 5 seconds to click the correct triangle (tooltip shows the name of the portal)

Works fine (just cleared it some minutes ago), but still got 2x215 resolve loot, so it does not seem to have an upgraded loot there
  16. Chrol Developer

Check the mission crate, the updated loot should be listed there.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Nunja Well-Known Member

Wasn't getting text all the time it was random mostly just insta death.
  18. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Works fine as far as I can see.
  19. Beee Well-Known Member

You pressed the Furtified Shadows Portal too early or too late.. you just have 5 seconds after the text occures. If you press it too early you will not be protected. If you press it too late, you are not protected too.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

From the wiki:

Defeat Aten Ha Ra
    • Note: If there are ten soldiers of shadows alive at once, you will instantly die.
    • Regularly, every ~20sec Aten Ha Ra summons one soldier of shadows, below 50% health she summons a group of two soldiers of shadows.
    • At every 10% loss of Aten Ha Ra's health:
      • She becomes damage-immune.
      • She creates two shadowy triangles: one triangle will be a Furtive Shadows (protection) and the other will be a Disruptive Shadows (death)
      • Aten Ha Ra will say "Umbral Detonation!" in chat, then begin casting "Umbral Detonation" (takes about 3 seconds, watch the casting bar). Protect yourself by clicking on the Furtive Shadows triangle. If you click the Furtive Shadows triangle too early, the protection will end too early and you will die. Click the Furtive Shadows triangle while Aten Ha Ra is casting Umbral Detonation.
      • Each time you click a triangle, a soldier of shadows spawns, below 50% health a group of two soldiers of shadows will add.