Vex Thal: Shadow Citadel solo

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Ratsmack, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Twisty Well-Known Member

I wuv u Chrol
  2. Twisty Well-Known Member

I just redid the fight to confirm - works without issues. don't know what to say about reported missing gates above - they showed up just fine shortly after burning past 95% with 5-6s delay. i reset the fight on purpose couple times to reproduce, with both burning too slow and too fast - no dice. only remaining issue with zone is the initial teleporter guessing game that thinks they haven't been unlocked yet despite being fondled 2-3 times each and all trash dead (usually resolved with an evac to reset internal zone script)

purposely tried to overburn to trigger "double-gates -> double-Umbral -> no gate to click on 2nd Umbral" sequence. seems to have been addressed.

solid difficulty fight for undergeared toons of unfortunate class types, that will likely require a buddy for backup. easy difficulty solo fight (yet above apply-directly-to-forehead difficulty of other solos) for regularly-maintained & played toons
  3. Thand Well-Known Member

I mainy play on Satalite so it is probably the Latency that is kiling me as still even when i click as she starts to cast sometimes it still says i failed
  4. Twisty Well-Known Member

u should test things

did u know... there is a time-window u can click before she (it?) starts casting? G.I.Joe
  5. Chronk New Member

Looks like you basically need to ignore Aten Ha Ra. Click the furtive triangle when she starts casting Umbral Detonation and beat down the adds. Position in the middle and reposition to the furtive triangle when it pops. Wait for her to start casting Umbral Detonation before you click it. Makes for a long solo fight but seems to work.
  6. Thand Well-Known Member

many time she is casting it as i click and it fails
  7. Billiance New Member

Is the intention we click the triangle when she emote something specific?

I had thought - maybe click when she emotes "Your demise is at hand" or "Umbral Detonation!"

It doesn't seem "Your demise is at hand!" is the time to click as I die sometimes after I click it. Clicking when she emotes "Umbral Detonation!" seems to work but there are few times I die waiting for her to emote this ...
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You have to watch her cast bar.
  9. girney Active Member

she says umbral detonation. i suppose it is working as intended but it just isnt very doable for my paly. way too many times to search for the right triangle. to me it is harder than before
  10. girney Active Member

and the rewards are not any better than any other instance.
  11. Apollonious New Member

Most frustrating fight in this expansion pack , for sure.
    I was only able to kill her ONCE with the "wait for invulnerability -> kill all adds -> click Furtive Gate on Umbral Detonation" strat. All other strats failed.
    Now, every time I attempt the mission I can get her down to about the 30% invulnerability threshold, and she spawns her adds (Maybe 4 or 6 at once) and I blow up with the "You forfeit your Shadowstricken life to Aten Ra Ha!" message immediately.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They just changed it so there's a chance of getting a Celestial in there, and reclassified it from Solo to Advanced Solo.

I haven't tried it with another player yet, but maybe it will be easier.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

but the activation of the shadow shield is long too, could that be made a smidge faster?
  14. Twisty Well-Known Member

the fight works just fine, no functional changes from pre-patch. there is plenty of time to click the gate from the time it's safe to do so. i can run across the room with sprint and click on time even, when i spaced out and got caught at wrong gate

the 230 wrist is a nice addition to the loot that may be some souls without Etherial wrists will appreciate, but afraid not enough to entice most ppl to come back here :( not with 240 afk-welfare wrist from the Turtle PQ. should've been high-chance of green adorns imo - easily lends itself to reason for repeated trips. may be not your fault Chrol, with the loot distribution matrix being garbo guessing your choices are limited what can go in as a carrot here, so i'll just say it was the thought that mattered. so, thank you for that
  15. Hermmit Active Member

Haven Defender Hezzen does not offer me Vexing Confrontations anymore. The last time I did the quest was on 12/31/20. It's been listed as completed in my mission timer tab since the Jan 26 patch. I'm not sure how long it's been like this since it's been weeks since I done the quest. But I do remember having to choose to receive all the missions to even get Vexing Confrontations, as there was no separate dialog for Vex Thal. It works fine on all my alts, just this one toon has problems.
  16. Spartanec Member

17. Chrol Developer

PM me with your character name and server and I'll get ya fixed!
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Trilly Active Member

Is this a today only BUG?? I die, my merc tries to rez me..I click OK..and I stay dead and the screen underneath that will allow me to choose somewhere else to rez or pay my DB is still there!! I can't be rezzed in the same room? Also I see in past instances where I am rezzed, no triangles still there but she/he is looking at me doing a big Furtive Glance which kills me immediately too? I had no real problems up to now. but having no armor left over and over trying to do this end part makes it no fun and I see no reason for me to keep trying for a very slim possible celestial (?) probably the same slim chance as the PQs now...But, I would like to know if this is common. Thanks
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It's not common, but it can happen. When it does, I choose to revive elsewhere since this usually will reset the encounter. Make your way back to the room and re-engage.
    Breanna likes this.